Dr. Daniel Macgowan MD Patient Reviews

• 9 reviews

August 16th, 2016
Great neurologist.
Visited Dr MacGowan for follow-up on brain surgery I had in the UK. I have been suffering from numbness, and pins and needles in my left arm and want to find out if symptoms were caused by brain surgery or recurrence of earlier ulnar surgery. Dr MacGowan was extremely thorough in his questioning and examination and immediately ordered tests including a brain MRI. He called me with results of tests the following evening and gave me encouragement/confidence to try to move on with life post brain surgery. An extremely caring neurologist, with a lovely Irish brogue.

April 1st, 2016
Macgowen is the best
If you are looking for the best doctor in America see doctor Macgowen. If you are going to be bothered by the mans incredibly poor bedside manner, put your big girl/boy pants on and do anything you can to get an appointment with him.

February 25th, 2016
Saved my life
Dr MacGowan diagnosed me right away and probably saved my life. He got me in to see a specialist in one day. He gave me life advice and I owe him my gratitude. Now my battle begins but at least he gave me the weapons to fight. The best doctor around!

January 23rd, 2015
this doctor prescribed anti seizure that I did not need

October 13th, 2013
Brilliant Doctor
He was caring and very thorough; took time and listened. Was able to make a diagnosis that changed my life and wellfare.

October 3rd, 2013
The is a reason why he does not have a higher rating or more than 3 positive reviews.
I was very disappointed with my visit with this doctor. He was very abrasive and unprofessional. I felt as if he was annoyed with me from start to finish. I would describe him as, belligerent, unpleasant and inattentive.

September 10th, 2013
excellent neurophysiologist
I was referred to Dr. MacGowan by my orthopedic hand surgeon for further testing for a hand malady. I found Dr. MacGowan to be extremely thorough and professional-I got the most thorough neurological examination I've had going beyond just my hands. He answered all questions. I recommend him for any problem coming within his highly specialized sphere of practice.

May 15th, 2013
EXCELLENCE ABOUNDS!
I HAD JUST SEEN A PROMINENT SURGEON AT MT. SINAI WHO SAW ME FOR 3 MINUTES REVIEWED MY MRI AND SAID "NO SURGERY NEEDED" I WAS REFERRED BY MY PRIMARY CARE DOC TO DANIEL MACGOWAN A NEUROLOGIST. HE SPENT 5 1/2 HOURS WITH ME AND CONDUCTED NUMEROUS TESTS. HE WAS PATIENT CLEAR, SUPPORTIVE AND GENTLE. HE CALLED ME AT HOME THE NEXT NIGHT HAVING REVIEWED ALL MY DATA. HE PROPOSED A SPECIFIC SURGEON AND MADE AN INTRODUCTORY CALL TO THAT SURGEON. I WAS GIVEN OUTSTANDING CARE AND WOULD REFER FRIENDS AND FAMILY TO HIM....

November 4th, 2010
Outstanding doctor
Extremely professional, took his time, answered all my questions, was very thorough, explained results, had answers and explanations no other doctor offered to me, excellent examination, made suggestions. Would highly recommend to others.