Dr. Daniel Mattson MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.9
  • 11 reviews

July 7th, 2015
Terrible doctor for epilepsy
Terrible neurologist!! At first things seemed ok with this doctor but after time you can forget about bedside Manners. I'm epileptic and after having multiple break through seizures I tried to schedule an appointment and he told me to just up my dose of medication. Every seizure I have even if there is a two year lapse he just adds more medication and puts me at maximum dosage on current meds without any evaluation. What doctor does that? I'm now taking 12 pills a day when I was taking only 2 pills two years ago. I'm in search of a new neurologist. He's a drug pusher and not personable. He doesn't care about follow ups and really not even concerned about visitations after seizures.

July 8th, 2013
Dr. Mattson is ARROGANT and POMPOUS . After I arrived at my appointment on time, I waited for him to see me for 56 minutes, while he sat in his office and talked to pharmaceutical reps, who arrived 15 minutes after I did. I went to see him for MS symptoms; after describing my symptoms, he tells me that my symptoms are psychological, which means that I making this all up in my head. This man is crazy and should not be practicing medicine all, And it seems as though reading some of the reviews on him, that he seems to tell a lot of patients that their symptoms are made up. He even told me that "MS is not painful so I could not have MS". But I know two people who have told me that it is painful and my symptoms mimic MS. I even researched the symptoms. I don't want to have MS, but for him to dismiss me like I was nothing. He should not be practicing medicine. He has not beside manner and no compassion. He just made it through medical school on a whim. He should have chosen another field of study like being a mortician.

March 7th, 2013
No problems
I've been going to Dr. Mattson for years and have never had an issue with him. He is very personable and I have never had a problem with his staff. He's always been prompt, polite and answered my questions. I did have one problem he couldn't find an answer for but that happens to me all the time - I have lupus.

September 28th, 2012
review
Dr Mattson is very professional and understanding regarding his patients issues. His office staff is great and show personal interest in the welfare of their patients. I highly recommend Dr Mattson and his staff.

July 12th, 2012
Re: HOW CAN A NEUROLOGIST DIAGNOSIS PERIPHERAL NEUROPATHY AS CONVERSION DISORDER!
I would really like to have an email exchange or phone conversation with the person who wrote this comment. I had a horrific experience with the doctor as well.

July 2nd, 2012
Can't seem to honor appointments
Arrived 20 min early for 11:00 appt. Never did see the Doctor. Staff was as helpful as they could be allowing they had no idea when he would be back. After waiting 50 minutes past the appt time I gave up and left. As I stepped out of the elevator at Barnes I saw 3 men in scrubs that appeared to be returning from lunch and from the picture of Dr Mattson in his office I believe he was in the group. I refuse to patronize this arrogance when these guys can't even update their staff as to when they will return to the office. If I failed to show up for my appt promptly I would probably have been charged as though I had seen the doctor. Where is my compensation?

June 19th, 2012
From epileptic to faking it.
I started having seizures at 9 months and at 18 I had to switch to an adult neurologist. My pediatric neurologist recommended Mattson. I saw him and he did a video EEG at Christian and there was no epileptic activity. After that he told me that I was faking it/having pseudo seizures. I have not had an appointment in 3 years and he continues to fill my meds. Follow up? Bedside manner? I think not.

February 28th, 2012
Horrible
I'm on my last month of medicine so I called him and asked him to get me more refills. He told me to have my pharmacy call him and they did. Well they called me back and said that he wouldn't give them. I just called my pharmacy and they said that they have sent him memo's but he hasn't responded. I've never had a problem with him until now. So as soon as I get some refills I'm finding a new doctor.

January 31st, 2012
How Can a Neurologist Diagnosis Peripheral Neuropathy as Conversion Disorder!
My daughter woke up unable to feel anything from her knee down. Barnes St. Peters called in Dr. Mattson. Two MRIs, two CAT scans and a nerve conduction test were done - three inch needles were stuck in her leg and she could feel nothing. After a week, he diagnosed her with Conversion Disorder - a psychological disorder and said she would be fine after she received counseling. The pain became so unbearable she was admitted to another hospital where she was diagnosed within five minutes with peripheral neuropathy and the burning was the nerves dying. Two weeks later, she was gone. The doctors could not believe Dr. Mattson could have missed this diagnosis and by so far - she died! The man cannot be qualified to practice medicine - especially neurology.

October 28th, 2011
He spent a good long time to discuss my issues in detail with me. Another poster complained that he was arrogant. I don't consider that a fault in a surgeon. In order to be a good surgeon he has to have a great deal of confidence in his abilities. I liked him.

March 25th, 2011
First Visit
He was rude and arrogant as well as his staff. First time in my life I ever considered walking out of a doctors office during the exam. My first visit became my last.