Dr. Daniel Morgan MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

May 10th, 2016
Dr. Stress you out to have an early labor and delivery aka making money
Dr. Morgan, is ... Indescribable. And I mean that in the worst way possible! He is rude, uneducated, and just trying to make money. He tries to fool you with a corny sense of humor and compliments but none of the matters when your 37 weeks pregnant, just been in a head on car accident, flown to the trauma center, and being monitored over night, then have a follow up appointment after being discharged from the hospital and he refuses to check you after stating you may be leaking fluid (1st pregnancy). Baby and myself were amazingly unharmed in the crash but the stress of that alone was enough to go into early labor. Dr. Morgan failed to understand and read to me reports he was given which further stressed me and made me in tears! The way he acted on my follow up/ scheduled appointment was disgusting as a healthcare professional. I hope that he looks back on the way he acted and spoke to me and my mother and is embarrassed. His bedside Manner was less than minimal. I would not TRUST or reccomend him for anyone.

November 12th, 2015
Great doctor! I recommend him to my family and friends. Very thorough and great about following up.

October 29th, 2015
If you want a natural birth, go to a different office...
I was pressured into receiving interventions I did not want. He stripped my membranes during a cervical check and told me as he was doing it. He ruptured my membranes during labor and told me as he was doing it. He scared me into thinking I needed a c section after coached pushing for three hours before I felt the urge to push. After I consented to the c section he told me not to push so I didn't even though I had the urge. I now know that i could have avoided the c section if i had ignored him and trusted my body. Baby was not in distress. I went all natural and ended up having my baby surgically removed in the end. He told me I could vbac next time but that 97% of their patients are repeat c sections. I will be delivering my next child at Monmouth Medical Center with Dr. Giovine who has a proven track record of low c sections and high vbac rates. If you plan to deliver naturally get an experienced doula to help you achieve your goals and support you should he try to convince you you are incapable of pushing out your baby. I also felt like he was rushing me through labor.

August 18th, 2015
Truly a wonderful experience!!!
Dr. Morgan is the most compassionate, intelligent caring Doctor Ive ever been to. Truly a great OBGYN.

August 6th, 2015
Love him, Love him, Love him
Best OBGYN. He delivered my 3 children and I had the best birth experience ever!!

June 15th, 2015
Horrible Experience
Horrible experience with Dr. Morgan. My entire pregnancy I was bullied and pressured into unnecessary tests and shots despite my verbally stated concerns and unwillingness. Dr. Morgan pretended to listen but never really "heard" my concerns as evident by his totally irrelevant responses. I tried to switch to another Dr. in the practice toward the end of my pregnancy but because she was on vacation the month I was due, I was stuck with him. When the time came to give birth he stopped by to see me ONE time but otherwise I was left with an endless parade of hospital staff doctors. Call me crazy but I expected my OB/GYN to at least show some caring while I was IN LABOR. Nor did he deliver my baby. It actually wasn't until the day we were going home (3 days later) that he finally stopped by to administer my final exam. I will never go back to him.

June 8th, 2015
Stay away bad doctor
Horrible doctor doesn't listen to a thing you tell him. Very irrogant and condescending. I wish i would have listened to what others wrote about him and not wasted my time

July 10th, 2014
Highly Recommend This Doctor
The most important theing about my experience is how supportive he was throughouth the entire birthing process. I felt like I was the most important person in the world. I didnt want an episiotomy and Dr. Morgan was very supprtive. I ended up with only a small tear. This was much better than my prior experience. Thank You!!

February 28th, 2013
I am uneasy about going to the doctors in general. This experience absolutely made it worse. The receptionist seemed disinterested. After waiting over 45 minutes after my appointment, Dr. Morgan brought me into talk to him since I was a new patient. At first I thought this was a nice gesture, but unfortunately he didn't listen to anything I had to say or how I was feeling. He was condescending in his tone and basically told me I was sick before he even checked me out. All I needed was a basic test done and sent to the lab, and instead of making me feel comfortable, he made it seem as though I was already diagnosed. I left in tears, panic for a week, to find out, (as I had figured before entering his office) that my test results came back negative. Dr. Morgan did do a follow up phone call 2 months later. Unfortunately when I tried to return the call, it was very difficult to navigate through the messaging system. It took me 3 tries, one of which I was on hold for 15 minutes, to select the correct number to actually speak to a human being. My advice to Dr. Morgan is even if you feel you know better, act like you are listening to your patients. Especially on topics that can be wildly uncomfortable and scary to them. You may be comfortable in a doctors office everyday, but a lot of people are not.

July 22nd, 2012
Best of the best!
Dr. Morgan is really a wonderful doctor and I would highly recommend him. I went to him for a second opinion about a fibroid and ended up having him perform my myomectomy in 2012. He took the time to explain things in detail and was kind to me through the whole process. He has one of the best bedside manners with patients I've seen from a doctor period. Even the lady for registration at Shore Memorial knew him and raved about him delivering her babies! If you're looking for a kind, knowledgeable gynecologist I would highly recommend him and the Shore Memorial team.

June 19th, 2012
I Love Dr Morgan
Dr, Morgan Delivered my first child last week. He stayed at my side throughout the labor and was very supportive. His bedside manner is excellent. I cannot say enough good things about him. He is a very competent OB.

April 4th, 2012
Bait and Switcher!
I have to warn anyone who goes to Dr. Morgan during their pregnancy that he is a doctor that favors medical interventions (unnessisary episiotomies, c-sections, etc) for his own convenience and despite what he might say otherwise. He will ALWAYS give a first time mother an unnessisary routine episiotomy and pushes c-sections. He says whatever needed to get you on board as his patient, doesnt listen to birth plans or desires AT ALL once in the delivery room.