Dr. Daniel Mullen MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

August 13th, 2016
Dr. and staff care about each patient, Dr. Mullen takes the time to answer all questions, EXCELLENT surgeon, provides outstanding follow-up care, great bedside manner, nice office

July 21st, 2016
Lack of Heart
Dr. Mullen is is very straightforward and tells you like it is; however, he is totally lacking in the art of being tactful. In response to my complaint, he said I was just getting old. He showed no empathy and was very callous in his approach. I left his office almost in tears. I appreciate his honesty but his totally tasteless and tactless approach doesn't suit me. I'm sure he is a well qualified doctor although I don't have experience in that area because I definitely will not be going back.

July 13th, 2016
Every aspect of my time with Dr. Mullen and his staff has been wonderful. He is an outstanding surgeon and especially concerned with each and every patient! His attention to specific details to avoid infection and facilitate recovery really works. I would recommend him to everyone. After all the years of dealing with outrageous knee pain, I wish I had had the courage to get both knees replaced sooner--it's like a "new lease on life". I know folks use that phrase often, but it truly is applicable.

June 3rd, 2016
Waste of Time
The xray tech was terribly cold and callous about my pain.Dr. Mullen comes in the room, told me I have knock knees and that as I get older I'd experience problems and pain. He said I'm not a candidate for surgery, said "good luck" and started to walk out. I asked him about injections or anything to help with pain relief and he just said "ask your pain clinic" and he left. Never suggested an MRI or anything else. If this guy can't make money on you by cutting you opened you're not worth his time.

April 7th, 2016
I would never go to this physician again. He is the biggest jerkhave ever met. One second he is nice than the rest of the appointment he is arrogant and RUDE. If you question anything he says he looks at you like you have 4 eyes. He didn't listen to me and he walked out of the office and left me hanging. I went to another real doctor who took care of my surgical issue. Do your family a favor and never go to this unethical jerk. I would give 0 stars if I could.

March 2nd, 2016
Love Dr Mullen. Best doctor in his field in Arizona.

November 29th, 2015
After much research on the internet, I chose Dr. Daniel Mullen to do Reverse Shoulder Replacement. This was done 3 weeks ago. No complaints, and heading on to PT, and continuing to improve.

November 23rd, 2015
dr mullen and all staff were very professinol, on the ball, kind and caring.it was an exceptional experience. I will refer him to all !!!!

November 16th, 2015
Stay clear of this doctor
Dr. Mullin is arrogant and rude!! He had a huge negative impact on my medical issue. He caused me prolonged pain due to his failure to listen and show compassion. He also cost me extra money out of my pocket. I was in serious pain but he made me feel like I had some kind of problem. He told me I had phantom pain and walked out of the office!!! I went to another COMPETENT doctor who listened and she immediately discovered exactly what was wrong and fixed it! Please do yourself a favor and avoid Dr. Mullin

August 26th, 2015
LOVE THIS DOCTOR! !
I have had 7 Rotator cuff surgeries, before Dr Mullen. One just 6 months before I saw him,was told by other doctor he did great job, everything's good. It wasn't though. Saw Dr. Dan Mullen,he couldn't believe how bad it was, with just an eray!! Couldn't even use my arm. Love this guy!! Was SO AMAZING, Juse did the other arm 2 weeks ago!! That should tell you how FANTASTIC he is!!!!

June 7th, 2015
Bedside manner
very good at his craft, but as soon as something isn't healing like it should he changes to my Jackle to mr Hyde. Insulted me in frot of his nurse. To this day he has not reached out to me to apologize. This has been the worst bed side manner I have ever encountered.

April 11th, 2014
Torn between Two Great Doctors
Like other reviewers, I immediately felt comfortable and confident with Dr. Mullens. I'm facing knee replacement surgery in the near future and I basically saw him for a second opinion. I had a hip replaced by Dr. Larry Sanders--who is one of the top rated ortho surgeons in the state and I adore him. Sanders tends to take a more conservative approach and is probably a bit more "old school" but my hip surgery couldn't have been more successful. Do I go with tried and true or do I go with someone who may be a bit more current and seems to be the "go to" knee guy? Another reason I'm considering Mullens is the fact that I'm much closer to the Banner Baywood facility (where Dr. Mullens operates) than I am to the Banner Desert facility (where Dr. Sanders operates). I'd love to hear input from others.