Dr. Daniel Nehls MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.9

October 14th, 2016
AMAZING DOCTOR
I had spine surgery a little over six months ago for a herniated disc (with a different doctor). About two months after, my old doctor and his PA stopped helping me and kept saying nothing was wrong, even though I was in more pain than before surgery. So my quest began for a new doctor, so we booked an appointment with Dr. Nehls. He immediately pointed out why my back still hurts so bad (degenerative disc disease and degenerative arthritis in my lumbar spine). He's one of the best doctors I have ever seen! I had seen two other doctors before him, and they said my nerve root was irritated. Dr. Nehls went through my MRI and explained everything to me. I would HIGHLY recommend him!

April 5th, 2016
needs to learn to talk to people not at
I would not go back to him. He is not good at talking to you. He talks at you and is not interested in anything the patient has to say.

June 24th, 2015
Visit and examination to determine feasibility of back surgery to relieve mass. Doctor recommended against a surgical procedure because the outcome might not produce an improvement...and might even possibly lead to worsening symptoms.

May 13th, 2015
Dr. Nehls has performed a spinal fusion on me that made the issue worse.

March 30th, 2013
saved my life!
I had a herniated disk in my neck..I was terrified of surgery.. Dr Nehls assured me that if he didn't feel he could fix me he would send me to the UW...I was a perfect candidate for a new surgery called Prodisc replacement... it saved my life..I couldn't even brush my teeth..it felt like someone had attached my arm to a car and they were driving away with it...I awoke from surgery and 95% of the pain was Gone!!.. because the surgery was experimental at the time (2008).. my insurance wouldn't cover it...and he had warned me they wouldn't.. he wrote the surgery off..because he was trying to prove that this is so much better then fusion... 5 years later I still have No pain and have more mobility in my neck then I ever did..hes an absolute miracle worker and I recommend this Doctor and this surgery..

June 3rd, 2011
Would not recommend...
I had a posterior fusion c4-7. His Nurse Practioner (I call her Nurse Rachett)..was absolutely rude to me and my husband. Could not get my 'after surgery' medications explained.."just take like it says on the labels!" I was given too much medication because previous meds weren't checked carefully. Bedside manners and caring..you won't find it with Dr. Nehls or his nurse. Get you in, surgery, get paid...see ya'!

January 11th, 2010
Spine Surgery
I was not sure of having surgery but Dr made me confident. Was rec. by a former patient and both of us think he is great as well as staff. Rec. him anytime.

April 15th, 2009
Would definitely NOT recommend
I saw Dr. Nehls twice. The first time my husband was horrified by the way I was treated, the second time I was. The first time I paid a visit to this office I had no insurance and I was treated as such. You would think that they would appreciate being paid cash but I guess they feel that everyone who pays in cash will eventually try to screw them over so they just treat you like trash. Probably with the hope that you won't return. My second visit to Dr. Nehls was really quit mind boggling. I saw his PA for maybe ten minutes then Dr. Nehls came in. He spend maybe three minutes with me, suggested that I might have fibromyalgia and told me there was nothing he could do for me and goodbye. I was speechless. Neither one tried to explain the condition nor did they suggest anything other than perhaps I have fibromyalgia. No diagnostic testing, nothing. I had previously had an epidural steroid injection which did not work. Now, mind you, this is a long standing injury. The longer you have had the injury the less likely it is that the injections will work. He stated that since the injection didn't work then surgery wouldn't work either. Excuse me? If the injections work why would I have surgery? It was all quit contrary to what my physician told me as well as another neurosurgeon. I left there feeling totally insulted and that my pain was nothing to him. He could care less. I wouldn't recommend this doctor to satan, really.

February 25th, 2009
Excellent surgeon, poor on communication
Dr nehls did surgery on my neck and to date I think he put me together great. I had neurological damage (NOT his fault) and found him to be poor at communicating and preparing me for the possible outcomes. When I asked questions about neuological issues he avoided talking about it. Left me in confusion for a year about all these crazy symptoms and what they were. I figured it out by reading on internet. Again he is an excellent surgeon