Dr. Daniel Nieves-Quinones MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.0
  • 6 reviews

October 15th, 2016
Professional MD
Seeing Dr. Nieves for a few yrs, professional, caring, knowledge. A bit to warm up to but I love him. Has been right on it as far as my next treatment level. His ARNP's also great. Office staff so-so, many of them. Call backs takes 2-3 days.

July 19th, 2014
Not happy with the care I was given by Dr. Nieves, not to mention I was diagnosed recently with a disease that I told Dr. Nieves during an office visit, that another Neurologist told me he felt I had prior, which Dr. Nieves disregarded totally and never tested me. His flat personality and arrogance has stayed with me for years as well as dealing with his error in my medical misdiagnosis

May 1st, 2012
Unfortunate Experience
I saw Dr. Nieves a few weeks ago and he seemed quite professional but cold. When I called back to make a followup appointment after completing the test he requested I asked for a different doctor in the group. I just didn't feel like he was the doctor for me, and having a doctor you connect to, especially with something as important as a neurologist is critical. They refused to allow me to see a different doctor, said it was their office policy, and even had Dr. Nieves call me back after I told them I did not want him as a doctor. I then explained to him that it wasn't anything he did wrong specifically. That didn't help, all he said was that they would transfer all their notes to whoever else I selected.So I guess if you hit it off with Dr. Nieves great but if you don't then you will not be allowed to see a different doctor. Very disappointing to me.

August 5th, 2011
office staff
Three three girls in the front office behave unprofessional while there are minimal people in the waiting room. They were laughing out loud, and the hour I spent watching them did minimal work as far as I could see. The girl who was at the middle computer with the blue beads hanging on her monitor, was the worst. She actually prepared and then ate food at her desk in front of patients. Then while laughing about something threw an object at the receptionist nest to her. Neurology is serious, and some of the patients who are waiting are worried. They acted like they worked for some shabby clinic.

April 11th, 2011
Staff Horrible - Doctor Great
Love Dr. Nieves - he really is a great doctor - very thorough. Staff is horrible. Never return phone calls. Doctor wanted me to get physical therapy - said his office would set it up and call me. I left 5 messages and never heard from anybody. Went to my 3 month follow-up, informed Dr. Nieves that I was never set up for the physical therapy. He said that he would make sure it happened - been 2 months since my appointment and I'm still waiting. Can't wait to go see him next month and let him know. Fortunately he was able to find the right medication to manage my migraines (haven't had one in several years). I'll just go to my family doctor about the pain in my neck - maybe then I'll get the physical therapy.

March 16th, 2011
Doc: good / Staff: horrible /
Dr. Nieves is a good doc, no complains at all, but the staff... OMG! They NEVER answer the phone. You have to leave a voice message and hope they will ever call you back, which they often don't do. The admin techs eventually call you back, after a week or so, but the nurse won't ever call you back, although it depends on the nurse. Nurse Patty, for example, will NOT call you back. When you have important issues about your health, you can not reach your neuro or your neuro's nurse. You have to wailt till your next appointment. When the staff has to call a blood lab for blood test results, they will NOT call for your results. They will not call the blood lab and they will not call you. Even when the MD asks a tech to call a blood lab for a patient's results, the tech will not make the phone call. These techs and nurses spoil the good work of the docs.