3.0

Beware of this snake oil salesman show details Beware of this snake oil salesman
by Larissa Grosvenor on Mar 30th, 2016

Dr. Nuchovich received a one star only because there was nothing lower. Where do I start? Went to see him and he spent a good forty five minutes talking mostly about some powders he was selling, trying all the time for me to buy this product. When I questioned what was so special about it, he claimed it had clay which removed all toxins from not only the gut but the cells!! I asked to look at it and he gave it to me. No clay.. He looked uncomfortable, saying, "it used to have clay". I became wary. He went on to say he would have to do extensive lab works which would be extra since they would be sent to a special laboratory. It made sense and I paid the extra $200 (?)for the special tests even though I have good coverage with Medicare and other supplemental insurance. An empty manila folder was put in front of me and I was asked to sign this folder. Stupidly, I did. I was told that these "special" test results would be sent from Access where I went to have my blood drawn. Two weeks later, I was called from Nuchovich's practice and told the results were in: tests showed adrenal fatigue and dysbiosis and for an additional $220 Dr. Nuchovich would put me on a program. I smelled a rat and went to collect my "special" blood report which turned out to be a standard blood test, covered by my insurance with absolutely nothing to diagnose adrenal fatigue nor dysbiosis . After verifying this with a legitimate doctor, I went back to Nuchovich and demanded my money back. As I was speaking, the empty manila folder I had previously signed, appeared and the secretary pointed to my signature and said, "you signed". Yes, I did. I explained I had signed for the EXTRA tests not to be defrauded. Didn't matter; I had signed. While waiting to speak to the doctor, I asked a patient why she was there when this man was such a fraud. She replied: desperation. Sad, that there are people out there preyng on the desperate. Be warned!

Dec 7th, 2015

GREAT SEVICE AND SUPER KNOWLEDGABLE. DIAGNOSIS WAS ON PINT COMPARED TO 2 OTHER DOCTORS OPINIONS

Sep 18th, 2012

What a waste of time and money. Was mislead on the phone that dr. could help me. No help at all, only took my money. Very condescending. Totally ignored my issues and tried to sell me his care/plan. BEWARE !! Left with no direction whatsoever!!!!!!!

This Dr Nuchovich, refused to sign a therapy Evaluation,in order for my disabled father to receive therapy show details This Dr Nuchovich, refused to sign a therapy Evaluation,in order for my disabled father to receive therapy
Feb 24th, 2012

My father who has a progressive disease called Fredreichs Ataxia is now 75 and living in an Assisted Living Facility.The only thing that has enabled him to keep going,help himself physically and keep him swallowing effectively without aspirating... Has been his therapies. He recently tried going back to see Dr Nuchovich, looking for, in his own words" A Dr. That would treat him as a person and look him in the eye when he spoke and not be treated like he was a disabled, assisted living pt that wasn't worthy of his time"After his visit, ( as has been described to me) his therapist who has been treating him for speech therapy,faxed over a request for continued therapy. Dr. Nuchovich, sent it back with his signature and the therapist did the evaluation. I had just gotten a call saying that my dad had had another bad choking episode...some of the time they said he actually turns Blue and they are all frightened for him.He was badly in need of his speech therapy to keep him in proper positions and practice swallowing effectively. When I asked if he was getting his speech therapy regularly, as I had noticed a decrease in his functioning and safety concerns were Arrising, I was told the the completed Evaluation had been completed and faxed over to Dr Nuchovich. I was informed the next day, that Dr Nuchovich called the therapist and said " I may be getting old and grouchy, put stop sending me these faxes on this patient, There is nothing I can do for him, I have thrown all your faxes regarding this pt. Into the trash and will continue to do the same with anything else you send me. The therapist, said I will have to talk to my boss about this! Dr Nuchovichs repines was, I don't care what you do with him, take him home with you and see him at your house if you want. The therapist knowing that the Evaluation showed medical necessity, sent the fax to another local physician, who immediately signed it and My dad is improving day by day.

Oct 12th, 2009

I have been going to Dr. Nuchovich for a very long time and have gotten to know them quite well. He is an excellent doctor and the kind of doctor that tries to figure out the root of problems instead of prescribing meds and surgery. The only thing is that he is very blunt in what he thinks. I have seen and heard quite a few ignorant people come and go who dont like what he has to say but he is always correct. Dont go to him if your a sensitive fool who wants doctors just to say what you want to hear, but do go to him if you want an actual and truthful diagnosis.

Tried to get an apt on a Wednesday afternoon show details Tried to get an apt on a Wednesday afternoon
by FORMER patient!!!!!!!!!!!!!! on Aug 5th, 2009

Daughter was very, very ill...called in morning...told that they would call in a prescription rather than have her come in because they didn't want to get sick and didn't want any elderly patiets to get sick. So I called back at around 12 and was told to go to the emergency room! BECAUSE THEY WERE CLOSING!!! THEY CLOSE THE OFFICE AT 12 (NOON) ON WEDNESDAYS!!! Can you imagine! Telling YOUR patient that we are about to close EARLY so go to the emergency room instead of them making an effort to see THEIR patient! I will be looking for a new Dr for this family of five. It just shows that this Dr. doesn't care about his patients. UNBELIEVEABLE!!! The nurse (Linda) or whatever she is is also rude...has been rude twice to us in the past.

Compassionate and Intelligent show details Compassionate and Intelligent
Jul 27th, 2009

I read a couple of reviews here, and I had a completely different experience! I was visiting family in Florida and I suddenly had dizzy spells and a few other alarming syptoms. I was really nervous since I didn't have a local Dr. My dad had been in the hospital the year before and liked Dr. Nuchovich, so I looked him up and made an appt. He was warm and explained all the tests that were necessary and why. I was really nervous becuase I'd always taken good care of my health and didn't understand what was happening to me. When I thought about it, my symptoms had been going off and on for about three months. He made sure all the tests were done immediately, taking precautions in case anything was serious. I liked how he eliminated the serious things first, and like a good doctor, he spent enough time examining and asking questions to figure out my surprise diagnosis. I even got a second opinion when I went back to New York, and Dr. Nuchovich was correct as I suspected. I had a stress disorder, causing me to breathe in a way that caused dizzy spells for months. I appear calm, and no doctor would easily have figured all that out. I got help for my stress, and now, three years later I'm the picture of health. I'm 45 and people think I'm in my early thirties. I actually would have been put off by his foreign medical school and not tried him if I hadn't been far from home! In my life, I've had several outstanding doctor's who went to unremarkable med. schools, and I learned my lesson not to judge that. I am still embarrassed that I was causing my own syptoms, but Dr. Nuchovich was compassionate when we figured it out. He was also very attentive when my elderly father was hospitalized, and my dad is very picky (he went to the Mayo Clinic for a surgery that was not particularly complicated once).

not going back show details not going back
Jul 15th, 2009

I knew I was in trouble when he condescendingly would not even look me in the eye when talking to me. When I asked for further information on his "weight loss" programs, he insisted that I was not committed or ready. He also put down my current physical workouts, and said they would not work. Not the supportive, encouraging advice I was expecting. Patient beware of this doctor!

The least professional physician I have ever met show details The least professional physician I have ever met
Feb 17th, 2009

In my 50 years of going tophysiciansI have never had such aridiculesexperience in my life. I am smart enough toseparatethe care from thesurroundings- though it is harder when the office describes itself as an art gallery as well as a medical office (the bathroom is the Monet exhibition space - I am not kidding). Dr. Nuchovich was condescending and inarticulate. The doctor was in the room with me for less than one minute - I was billed $100 dollars, and told to come back again for a follow-up appointment. I beat a hasty retreat from his office and felt like I should have warned my insurance company to remove him from their list of providers.