Dr. Daniel Oakes, MD
Orthopaedic Joint Reconstruction
Video profile

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  The Best Doctor I ever had.  |  show details
by Betty J Shaw on Jan 7th, 2014

On my first visit to consult Dr. Oaks for my very painful knees I was impressed by his compassion first and foremost that I knew instantly he was the perfect Orthopedic Surgeon for me. Having worked in healthcare for more than four decades, I was in need of a surgeon I felt I could trust to get me through the ordeal of bilateral total knee replacements. Dr. Oaks promised to take good care of me and he did not let me down. My right knee was replaced in December of 2008 and my left was March 2009. To this date, I have not regretted one moment of the replacements. Dr. Oaks, you are simply the best and I will always be grateful to you.

|  Walks on Water  |  show details
Mar 21st, 2012

The 1 to 4 rating scale is not high enough to reflect Dr. Oakes fantastic performance. He and his team replaced both my knees; I have no complaints - only praise. I recommend Dr. Oakes without reservation!

|  show details
Apr 7th, 2011

After having hip replacement surgery in Henderson NV in Sept 2009, I was in constant pain. I was in soooooooo much pain that I contacted Dr. Jay Liberman in Connecticut. He was previously the Head of Orthopaedic Surgery at UCLA and did my mother's hip reconstruction. I told him that I was willing to go to Connecticut so he could do my surgery and he told me that there was a doctor at UCLA that was an EXCELLENT surgeon. He told me that his name was Daniel Oakes. I immediately called his office and made an appointment and on Nov 2010 he performed my hip reconstruction. I feel great and that was the best decision I have ever made. HE IS AN EXCELLENT SURGEON.

|  knee revision after MRSA infection  |  show details
by Tom Faragher on Jul 10th, 2010

My wife contracted MRSA a year after the first revision of her knee joint. She spent 10 days in a hospital in Ventura CA while a search was underway for a surgeon to take her case. Dr. Oakes, who was then at UCLA, agreed to perform the surgery at the UCLA orthopaedic hospital in Santa Monica CA. After the joint removal and three months of intensive anti-biotic therapy a new knee revision surgery was performed which was completely successful with no signs of further infection after more than two years.