Dr. Daniel Oakes, MD
Orthopaedic Joint Reconstruction
Video profile

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Jun 1st, 2015

Waited 5 months to see doctor , then the office staff, one woman in particular, ruined it for me. She did not answer emails, return calls,lost records faxed from another doc..etc. My family physician had called the doctor up directly twice to facilitate an appt. for me, but this woman who should be reprimanded made it impossible for me to make one. I finally gave up. The thing is, I needed crucial blood tests done two months ago and still need them. I had enough and will see another orthopedic surgeon. She is doing this doc a big disservice. I can not recommend this doctor and will ask my primary care physician to stop recommending him because of her. One just can not get in.

May 9th, 2015

Dr. Oakes and all his staff are very professional, definitely would seek him again for similar services.

The Best Doctor I ever had. show details The Best Doctor I ever had.
by Betty J Shaw on Jan 7th, 2014

On my first visit to consult Dr. Oaks for my very painful knees I was impressed by his compassion first and foremost that I knew instantly he was the perfect Orthopedic Surgeon for me. Having worked in healthcare for more than four decades, I was in need of a surgeon I felt I could trust to get me through the ordeal of bilateral total knee replacements. Dr. Oaks promised to take good care of me and he did not let me down. My right knee was replaced in December of 2008 and my left was March 2009. To this date, I have not regretted one moment of the replacements. Dr. Oaks, you are simply the best and I will always be grateful to you.

Walks on Water show details Walks on Water
Mar 21st, 2012

The 1 to 4 rating scale is not high enough to reflect Dr. Oakes fantastic performance. He and his team replaced both my knees; I have no complaints - only praise. I recommend Dr. Oakes without reservation!

Apr 7th, 2011

After having hip replacement surgery in Henderson NV in Sept 2009, I was in constant pain. I was in soooooooo much pain that I contacted Dr. Jay Liberman in Connecticut. He was previously the Head of Orthopaedic Surgery at UCLA and did my mother's hip reconstruction. I told him that I was willing to go to Connecticut so he could do my surgery and he told me that there was a doctor at UCLA that was an EXCELLENT surgeon. He told me that his name was Daniel Oakes. I immediately called his office and made an appointment and on Nov 2010 he performed my hip reconstruction. I feel great and that was the best decision I have ever made. HE IS AN EXCELLENT SURGEON.

knee revision after MRSA infection show details knee revision after MRSA infection
by Tom Faragher on Jul 10th, 2010

My wife contracted MRSA a year after the first revision of her knee joint. She spent 10 days in a hospital in Ventura CA while a search was underway for a surgeon to take her case. Dr. Oakes, who was then at UCLA, agreed to perform the surgery at the UCLA orthopaedic hospital in Santa Monica CA. After the joint removal and three months of intensive anti-biotic therapy a new knee revision surgery was performed which was completely successful with no signs of further infection after more than two years.