Dr. Daniel Oakes Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Daniel Oakes?

May 31st, 2017

Has performed five joint replacements and a knee reconstruction on me, and I wouldn't want any other Doctor doing those procedures on me.

Over about a twelve year period has performed the knee and hip replacements referred to. I am now eiighty-four, and will be getting the brace off my right knee tomorrow, after patella reconstruction surgery. If successful, which I am assuming will be the case, will have the same procedure done to the left knee patella. Over the past five years, the patella has died from lack of blood supply, and this is an attempt to form a small patella out of some of the larger fragments, anchor it and get the blood supply to the patella working again, so the bone will stay alive.

October 27th, 2016

Exceptional Orthoedica Surgeon

Dr. Oakes was my Orthopedic Surgeon for Bilateral Knee Replacements. His expertise and compassion was more than I could have ever anticpated. I am able to walk today without problems because of Dr. Oaks. I am forever grateful to him and words are not enough.

October 13th, 2016

Dr. Oakes has been very straight forward in my care. He has been very compassionate, he has answered all of my questions and concerns regarding my care. I sincerely appreciate his knowledge and his mannerisms.

May 24th, 2016

Dr. Oakes Cares

Dr. Oakes just did my Total Hip Replacement, I'm 23 years old. He has given me my life back (after 6 weeks of recovery) and I can't thank him enough. I had been dealing with pain for 5 years prior to my surgery and am so happy with the outcome and how he and his staff have treated me. He was courteous , answered all my questions and my moms questions, gave me a diagnosis and just over all paid close attention to my needs. Exceptional Doctor, and above all exceptional man! Same goes for his team, everyone was so attentive and I was always well taken care of. Arpi is my champ!

October 30th, 2015

Awesome Physician! Great Staff

Dr, Oakes has a professional staff and Ms. Ortega was very communicative with me through my procedure. Dr. Oakes was very patient, answered all questions and is an amazing surgeon! Fight ON!

August 6th, 2015

Is this the same Dr. ?

His office was totally unprofessional. I waited 2 months for MRI appointment but kept getting told that it would be 2 months and nowhere was available. I called myself and got an MRI appointment for 2 days later. When I arrived for follow up over a month later to MRI I waited 3 hours past my appointment time and was very last patient even though people came in to the office long after me. When I finally got to see Dr Oakes he was lost and acted like it was first visit and didn't have MRI disc or report. And forgot everything about me. He offered up orthoscopic surgery with a different Dr and I reminded him that I already had that done in 2007 and that Dr said that I would need a new hip in five years ... He said that he didn't have any idea without MRI and report. Then his nurse came in with the report after almost 20 minutes after he called and was told that they never got either the report nor the disc but not the disc claiming that they never received the disc... Yeah right !! Amazing the same place sent the disc and report for an MRI and CT scan for cervical spine for another Dr at USC. I really have little faith in his office or him. Very unprofessional to not even look at my file to know what we discussed on my first visit. And to be so clueless about my condition and not to even care much about it either. Then to just appease me he said to schedule another visit in 6 weeks and to take X-rays to see if anything changed and also to schedule a hip replacement surgery that he had just said that he couldn't recommend. Wow !!! And his ratings are through the roof but how could I be seeing same Dr and office ????? Very scary from my point of view not to mention a complete waste of 4 months of my time and all of that pain.

June 2nd, 2015

Waited 5 months to see doctor , then the office staff, one woman in particular, ruined it for me. She did not answer emails, return calls,lost records faxed from another doc..etc. My family physician had called the doctor up directly twice to facilitate an appt. for me, but this woman who should be reprimanded made it impossible for me to make one. I finally gave up. The thing is, I needed crucial blood tests done two months ago and still need them. I had enough and will see another orthopedic surgeon. She is doing this doc a big disservice. I can not recommend this doctor and will ask my primary care physician to stop recommending him because of her. One just can not get in.

May 9th, 2015

Dr. Oakes and all his staff are very professional, definitely would seek him again for similar services.

March 21st, 2012

Walks on Water

The 1 to 4 rating scale is not high enough to reflect Dr. Oakes fantastic performance. He and his team replaced both my knees; I have no complaints - only praise. I recommend Dr. Oakes without reservation!

July 10th, 2010

knee revision after MRSA infection

My wife contracted MRSA a year after the first revision of her knee joint. She spent 10 days in a hospital in Ventura CA while a search was underway for a surgeon to take her case. Dr. Oakes, who was then at UCLA, agreed to perform the surgery at the UCLA orthopaedic hospital in Santa Monica CA. After the joint removal and three months of intensive anti-biotic therapy a new knee revision surgery was performed which was completely successful with no signs of further infection after more than two years.

August 13th, 2017