Dr. Daniel Oakes, MD
Orthopaedic Joint Reconstruction
Video profile

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Simply the best! show details Simply the best!
by william weilbacher on Sep 22nd, 2016

I've had 2 total hip replacements . The left in 09 and my right hip in April of this year.I am 72 years old ,I have seen more doctors then I care to mention. I visited 3 other doctors before Dr. Oakes. From the moment I presented my self to him , he was the most professional ,attentive, informed doctor I have ever used. A word not often used , he is very compassionate to his patients as well. It has7 been years since my first hip replacement and I don't even feel it . I was back golfing in 30 days. Most recent surgery , in and out of USC in 23hrs. A doctor is only as good as his staff. In my opinion they are 'Superstars". Top to bottom everybody at USC has no parallel. In summation , Go see him you will know immediately he is the Guy! I never met him before my surgeries and heck I'm a UCLA fan.

Dr. Oakes Cares show details Dr. Oakes Cares
by Sofia Garcia on May 24th, 2016

Dr. Oakes just did my Total Hip Replacement, I'm 23 years old. He has given me my life back (after 6 weeks of recovery) and I can't thank him enough. I had been dealing with pain for 5 years prior to my surgery and am so happy with the outcome and how he and his staff have treated me. He was courteous , answered all my questions and my moms questions, gave me a diagnosis and just over all paid close attention to my needs. Exceptional Doctor, and above all exceptional man! Same goes for his team, everyone was so attentive and I was always well taken care of. Arpi is my champ!

Awesome Physician! Great Staff show details Awesome Physician! Great Staff
by VG-911 on Oct 29th, 2015

Dr, Oakes has a professional staff and Ms. Ortega was very communicative with me through my procedure. Dr. Oakes was very patient, answered all questions and is an amazing surgeon! Fight ON!

Is this the same Dr. ? show details Is this the same Dr. ?
by Jim Williams on Aug 6th, 2015

His office was totally unprofessional. I waited 2 months for MRI appointment but kept getting told that it would be 2 months and nowhere was available. I called myself and got an MRI appointment for 2 days later. When I arrived for follow up over a month later to MRI I waited 3 hours past my appointment time and was very last patient even though people came in to the office long after me. When I finally got to see Dr Oakes he was lost and acted like it was first visit and didn't have MRI disc or report. And forgot everything about me. He offered up orthoscopic surgery with a different Dr and I reminded him that I already had that done in 2007 and that Dr said that I would need a new hip in five years ... He said that he didn't have any idea without MRI and report. Then his nurse came in with the report after almost 20 minutes after he called and was told that they never got either the report nor the disc but not the disc claiming that they never received the disc... Yeah right !! Amazing the same place sent the disc and report for an MRI and CT scan for cervical spine for another Dr at USC. I really have little faith in his office or him. Very unprofessional to not even look at my file to know what we discussed on my first visit. And to be so clueless about my condition and not to even care much about it either. Then to just appease me he said to schedule another visit in 6 weeks and to take X-rays to see if anything changed and also to schedule a hip replacement surgery that he had just said that he couldn't recommend. Wow !!! And his ratings are through the roof but how could I be seeing same Dr and office ????? Very scary from my point of view not to mention a complete waste of 4 months of my time and all of that pain.

Jun 1st, 2015

Waited 5 months to see doctor , then the office staff, one woman in particular, ruined it for me. She did not answer emails, return calls,lost records faxed from another doc..etc. My family physician had called the doctor up directly twice to facilitate an appt. for me, but this woman who should be reprimanded made it impossible for me to make one. I finally gave up. The thing is, I needed crucial blood tests done two months ago and still need them. I had enough and will see another orthopedic surgeon. She is doing this doc a big disservice. I can not recommend this doctor and will ask my primary care physician to stop recommending him because of her. One just can not get in.

May 9th, 2015

Dr. Oakes and all his staff are very professional, definitely would seek him again for similar services.

Walks on Water show details Walks on Water
Mar 21st, 2012

The 1 to 4 rating scale is not high enough to reflect Dr. Oakes fantastic performance. He and his team replaced both my knees; I have no complaints - only praise. I recommend Dr. Oakes without reservation!

knee revision after MRSA infection show details knee revision after MRSA infection
by Tom Faragher on Jul 10th, 2010

My wife contracted MRSA a year after the first revision of her knee joint. She spent 10 days in a hospital in Ventura CA while a search was underway for a surgeon to take her case. Dr. Oakes, who was then at UCLA, agreed to perform the surgery at the UCLA orthopaedic hospital in Santa Monica CA. After the joint removal and three months of intensive anti-biotic therapy a new knee revision surgery was performed which was completely successful with no signs of further infection after more than two years.