Pediatrician
Video profile

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

|  Superb Consultations!  |  show details
by Stan and XuXia Smith on Apr 12th, 2014

Our 9 month old baby boy was born with a series of congenital defects. These will be resolved with open heart surgery soon. Dr. Polk has been invaluable in assisting us in understanding the medical options and in managing our son's care. We have been very blessed to have him on our team.

|  LA County Harbor/UCLA NICU August 1995  |  show details
by Mary Long on Nov 16th, 2013

I know Dr Polk has moved on, but I remember him clearly when he was my very ill newborn's Dr. I gave birth on August 30, 1995 at Los Angeles County Harbor/UCLA Medical Center in Torrance, Ca. My baby boy had multiple anomalies that were incompatible with life and he sadly passed away 10 hours after birth. But what I remember well is the care and compassion shown to our newborn son, my husband Phil and I and our 5 children at the time. I remember he and the nurses cried along with us at that sad time and that Dr Polk did all he could to help our child. So I just want you to know I remember you and your kindness and just wanted to say Thank you for that, 18 years and 2 more children later.Wishing the best for you and yours. Mary Long

|  HIGHLY RECOMMENDED DOCTOR  |  show details
Aug 1st, 2012

Dr. Polk is an amazingly kind, funny, caring and accurate doctor. He goes out of his way to show he cares not only about your child but you as well. His easy going and fun spirit uplifted the entire special care unit where I spent many of days for about a month. You will not be disappointed in his services.

|  show details
by Laura Loska on Feb 14th, 2010

Absolutely one of the finest professionals I have ever encountered. If you have any chance to intereact with him or his staff- you and your infant will recive the finest care available.

|  Harbor/UCLA  |  show details
by Mary Long on Aug 22nd, 2008

On August 30, 1995, I gave birth to a full term baby boy, 2 lbs 13 oz and 16 inches long. He had multiple anomalies, incompatible with life, and was placed in the neonatal intensive care unit.His Dr was Dr Dan Polk.Dr Polk was just great, so professional and compassionate, and he did all he could for my son. He also helped myself, my husband and my other 6 children to cope when the time came for my son to be removed from the ventilator.My son died in my arms with his family all around, at 10 hours old. We cried and so did the nurses and Dr Polk. I just want to express my appreciation to Dr Polk for his care of my son. I will always remember Dr Polk and his kindness at our time of grief.He paid attention to my other children and was concerned for their emotional well being at that sad time. I appreciate that and will never forget it. Thanks Dr Polk.