Dr. Daniel Potter Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Daniel Potter?

Endometriosis

Have you seen Dr. Daniel Potter?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

October 25th, 2016

Disappointing

I am bummed to write this review as I really wanted to like this office. I first met with Dr. Potter over the summer for RPL. We had discussed that I wanted to try every route possible before going to IVF. Once he knew I wasn't going straight to IVF his demeanor changed. I had only met and spoke to Dr. Potter ONE time. I never saw him at any appointments or procedures. The communication within this office is awful! On multiple occasions I had come in for an appointment scheduled by my nurse Stephanie only to find out I wasn't scheduled. On another occasion I had been waiting in the waiting room for a good thirty minutes when I received a phone call from the ultrasound gal asking if I was going to make my appointment because she had to leave in 10 minutes. How does this happen? Ultimately, I decided to try a IUI before taking any other extreme measures. I had been put on two cycles of Clomid- during my ultrasound, I only had one 34 mm follicle and was triggered. After much research, it was a good chance that it was actually a cyst. I was disappointed that nobody experienced with this mentioned maybe we should put off the IUI this cycle. We shot $2000 at something that was most likely a cyst with no positive out come. Furthermore, they collected the $2000 from me and then tried to bill my insurance too! Be careful people- I have another friend that this has happened to. Bad practice. Now, I emailed Dr. Potter, Tammie, and Tanya in hopes to make things right before writing any reviews. However, I NEVER received an email back from any of them. Patient care and satisfaction apparently is not their top priority. Save your money, save your time, and save yourself the emotional roller coaster and find another center. Disappointed is an understatement. I had high hopes of good quality care and relationships with my health care providers.

January 2nd, 2016

Disappointed patient

Had a really bad experience with Dr Potter. Everything was rushed and was made to feel like a number. There was no aftercare after the retrieval and no wheelchair supplied as promised. On transfer day, was made to wear a tag and wait on the transfer room for more than an hour, just to be told that there were no babies to transfer. Absolutely heartbreaking. Feedback was after six weeks and you could tell Dr Potter was driving I consulted another doctor who monitored me very closely with scans and the reason for PGD failure was that dr potter did not look into my results properly as eggs were not mature enough to be retrieved. This is absolutely heartbreaking as I spent my life savings on the treatment, which meant nothing for clinic

July 26th, 2015

We have gotten to know the staff at HRC very well over the past 9 months. All I have to say about this office, staff and Dr. Potter is that they are beyond amazing!!! It has been over four years that we have been trying to add a baby to our family and after heart break after heart break our Surrogant is now pregnant !!! Dr. Potter and Angela are beyond helpful and understanding with the ups and downs if surrogacy and IVF. We are beyond excited and can't wait to meet our little bundle of joy !!!

September 26th, 2012

Thankful to find Dr Potter

We, thankfully, started using Dr. Potter because we weren't getting any answers from other (highly rated) Reproductive Endocrinologist. I had gone to a few Fertility Specialists and they didn't really want to ask (or hear) about my symptoms or past medical history. They only looked at the amount of time we had been trying and our age and immediately wanted us to jump right into IVF. However, when we went to Dr. Potter, we were welcomed by a very professional and genuinely nice staff. We did wait for 30 minutes but was escorted to Dr. Potter's office where he spent 45 minutes with us. He asked all of the right questions about my previous surgery and explained all of the necessary steps/tests that would need to be completed in order to proceed with a treatment plan. Although, I saw many other patients waiting in the reception area, we did not feel rushed and he seemed so passionate about getting us pregnant, one way or another.Our first step was a Diagnostic Hysteroscope (which no other doctor even mentioned). In that, he found I actually had a very large polyp which would have made it almost impossible for embryo implantation if we had went straight into IVF with the other doctors ($15k-20k later). He removed the polyp in another visit at his surgery center in Newport Beach. This facility was state-of-the-art and had the Embryology Lab connected to the OR's. Everything was so clean and beautiful and the staff there showed genuine TLC.With every appointment, I saw Dr Potter's knowledge from his experience and genuine concern and desire to get us pregnant and I never felt like he made decisions based on money.We tried one failed IUI cycle but, with my blood tests and other negative indicators, it was confirmation that we needed IVF. We worked closely with his coordinators, Natalia and Lori, and felt like we had a team "pushing" for us. They were so thorough with the explanation of how the cycle was going to go and they always called as soon as they got our test results and adjusted the medication accordingly. When the day came for our egg retrieval, we felt so encouraged and confidant that we were in the right place. And when Dr. Potter walked in Pre-Op with a big smile and a hug, we appreciated the assurance and confidence that he showed.Recovery was a piece of cake, and Dr Potter called us the next day with our Fertilization report. We did genetic testing and transferred 1 embryo and got pregnant on our first try (one ovary and all).Three of my friends have since gone to him for gender selection and have been successful, as well.We are definitely going back next year to do our frozen embryo transfer to try for a second child and would recommend HRC Fertility to everyone!

August 4th, 2012

Why people are complaining?

HelloI went to Dr. Potter and He is the best doctor I have so far. I going to talk about my history (7 years of infertility problems). I have been to horrible doctors that want to start with taking temperature for months before even try anything every morning like dumb sorry no other word for it. I do not ovulate regular (polylistic ovaries)I have this last three years pain in my uterus on and off no doctor did nothing for it was 5 doctors in total. I told them I have a job how can I paid if you make me miss so much for nothing they did not care. I went with Dr. Potter first visit "why would you take your temperature you do not ovulate" Excellent could not be more right before my menstruation was painful and overall horrible. Dr. Potter order blood test on the first visit I went to get test it the next day a prescription and this was my first menstruation normal in years I made an appointment for HSCG but I need it to call for a sonogram too. Dr. Potter nurse schedule me in 2 days sooner for the sonogram Dr. Potter did it right there He told me 3 polyps I explained I am vacation can I have the surgery schedule this week. He schedule me in for next day himself. I though he was kidding I told my husband no way this is too good to be true. I have the surgery next morning. So you guys know I have been on pain for 3 years like mention before I do no have pain at all even the surgery was so good no pain. I feel so much better even the (1)hair on chin stop growing and yes I suspect I am pregnant some symptoms. even if I am not He has done so much in a month that not other doctor has done for me. I love doing e-mail with the nurse I hate talking to people. Overall This is a great Doctor and yes I did wait on my initial appointment so what I do not know where you guys have been but I always wait on doctors. Once in the Er I waited with my husband 6 hrs for him to be treated for back pain. We got tired of waiting we left before seen the doctor and they charge as 200 dollars co-pay because the nurse took his temperature yes complete true.So If I have to wait for Dr. Potter I have not problem. I only waited on the first visit on the sonogram He was there right away it took me longer to take my cloth off.

July 10th, 2012

AWOL Dr Potter

Dr Potter is knowledgable to the point of being arrogant and condesending. He was NOT open to any IVF protocols other than 2 or 3 he routinely prescribes (even after I had 2 failed cycles with him. I wanted to try something new - Estrogen Priming Protocol from SIRM). I also had much difficulty reaching Dr Potter during my cycle - especially after egg retrival when my ovaries ballooned and OHSS was a factor. His nurse Lori kept telling me to drink gatorade and bedrest. Dr Potter never bothered to check up on us. After 2 cycles we were done done done. I want to cycle somewhere the RE actually CARES and doesn't treat people like just another number. Sorry Dr Potter - you could be a great RE if you bothered to actually stick around when YOUR patients need you instead of passing us off to your colleagues!

May 1st, 2012

Where's Dr. Potter???

I first heard about Dr Potter on the radio. He responded very well to caller questions that I decided I wanted him as my Dr. However I hardly ever saw the man my entire cycle. He was impossible to reach both during and after business hours. Dr Potter refuses to give his cell number to patients and got annoyed about handing it out. So everything is directed through a voice mail center. I can't tell you how many times I heard the line "he's a very busy man" from his office staff. I'm sure Dr Potter really is a very busy man - much, much too busy to actually stick around while you get your treatments done. If your Dr is famous and spends a lot of time on the radio, internet and other live speaking engagements, GUESS WHERE HE IS NOT?! At the clinic with YOU (the patient). Dr Potter is really not worth the hype. I think he spends a lot of time advertising and boasting what a smart Dr he is when a truly great Dr would not need to brag.

October 31st, 2011

Great office

I've been to both offices and I prefer the Fullerton office over the Laguna office. It isn't as busy and you get to know the staff better. You have better one on with the Nurse who is great. Some have a misconception of what to expect. They are more than willing to answer all your questions, all you need to do is ask. There are multiple offices so that may need to be a consideration you might want to think about. You may not always see your doctor. However, all of the doctors are friendly and experienced. I didn't have success with the clomid and IUI , so I proceeded with IUI with injectable the first time wasn't successful, but the second time was. I always had 3 eggs and now were 10 weeks pregnant with triplets!! We had been trying for almost 2 years with out success, and once we started the process we got pregnant with in 6months. Its stressful in general and emotions tend to get the best of us especially if its taking awhile. Gina the RN is great and being that I work in the medical field and have access to many physicians, when I told them I was seeing Dr. Potter , they all commented on what a great doctor he is. So from someone who has gone thru it and many comments from other doctors you'll be in good hands here.

October 31st, 2011

No transfer - heartbroken

Dr Potter was nice until we had no viable embryos to transfer. Then the entire office staff ignored us and took weeks to arrange a follow up visit.Not happy and won't be returning .

October 14th, 2011

Quality office and staff

I have to thank Dr. Potter and his excellent staff for the expert and kind care that my husband and I received from beginning to end of our fertility treatment. In searching for a fertility doctor, my husband and I did substantial research on fertility doctors and in our research we quickly discovered that Dr. Potter was highly respected by his peers and is world renown as one of the best doctors in Northern America. And after our experience with him, we confer. He is kind, caring and compassionate. His staff is organized and extremely interactive with the patients and makes you comfortable in what could be a very uncomfortable experience. Thank you Dr. Potter, I cannot recommend you or your staff any higher.

October 12th, 2011

Very Pleased :-)

I am in the beginning stages of my fertility care and am seeing Dr. Potter. I am pleased to say that I am impressed with him and feel confident that I have chosen the right doctor. The icing on the cake has been working with his diagnostic coordinator, Debbie. She is a wealth of knowledge and explains everything to me in such a way that I understand. She is taking me through each process and makes sure I understand what I am supposed to do or have done. She is so comforting and understanding and you can tell that she really loves what she does and she is extremely good at it. I am so excited and know I am finally on my way to my dream of having a family.

October 6th, 2011

Great Experience

I had a great experience with Dr. Potter. He is caring and professional. My husband and I have both referred friends who have also been happy.