Psychiatrists

2323 S Shepherd Dr
Ste 805
Houston, TX 77019
Locations and availability (2)

|  very unprofessional..  |  show details
by vitals guest on Jan 28th, 2013

He wrote me a prescription and never told me that i had 21 days to get it filled. He thinks he did but im certain he didnt considering how many patients he goes through how would he even remember who he told what to. He doesnt even remember my name or what he had talked about in our sessions without having to look it up in one of his files. Thats important info that i would have remembered if i knew. Anyway he gave me a script and it expired so i called him to try and see what i could do and with no surprise ofcourse he never answers his phone.. i left him a voicemail and he calls back couple days later saying all i have to do is bring in the expired script and he will write a new one. So this is considered medication that he already prescribed for me from the previous session. After i tell him about the prescription i also told him to cancel my next meeting since he wants me to go see a blood doctor which i havent had the time to do since i have to work full time managing a store and also going to school. He took my blood pressure and told me it was normal and i was like,"really? I was told i have high blood pressure" so then he was like,"hmmm, go see a blood doctor" so technically he didnt diagnose me properly but instead i diagnosed myself. But once heheard that i havent gone yet he immediately tells me that he willnot prescribe my medication that once again he had already wrote me a prescription for.. thats called indian giving.. he just wants your money and thats it. He loves when u miss a session u scheduled for.. very rude..

|  show details
Oct 12th, 2012

Dr. Garza is both professional and caring. I value his expertise and I value his professional opinion regarding my situation. What I find most uplifting about my sessions w/Dr. G is that he does not rush me - indeed, he cares about my wellfare and takes time to address all aspects of my mental health!

|  show details
Nov 5th, 2011

GREAT and FANTASTIC doctor who listens and cares. He is effective and takes into account your experiences with the medication, both past and present. He has effectively and precisely treated my bipolar disorder. Since he is in private practice, you don't have to worry about long waits or rude office staff. It's just him and he manages his practice very well. If you're looking for a doctor that can truly help you get stable, this is the doctor you HAVE to see!

|  Best psychiatrist I've seen  |  show details
Oct 27th, 2011

I don't know what doctor some of the other raters are talking about. In the years Dr. Garza has been treating me, he has never been anything but professional and focused on my mental-health improvement. He's moved into new quarters in the past year or so, and his office operation runs very smoothly and the setting is more sophisticated and professional.BTW -- Delete the racist, homophobic rant near the end of this string. (From the Terms of Use: MDX and/or Vitals retains the right to review, or delete from Vitals any Submission, which MDX in its sole discretion considers illegal, offensive, faulty, suspicious or otherwise inappropriate or violates the terms and conditions of the user agreement.)

|  Very Annoyed  |  show details
Sep 30th, 2010

Dr. Garza never answers his phone, EVER!!!It is impossible to get a hold of him and he is not prompt to return phone calls.He wrote me a prescription for a drug that they dont even make!!! CVS told me I needed a different dosage.So, I called the Doctor and he said to stop by the next day after work and he would write me a new prescription. So I threw the old one away...little did I know that he needed that prescription to write a new one. So... he sent me on a wild goose chase to find itand stop by the next day. again!!!!I'm too busy for his lazy work ethic. He did not properly medicate me and I suffered from his mistake. Don't go to him!

|  Finally I found relief  |  show details
Feb 25th, 2010

Dr Garza is a very professional, easy to talk to psychiatrist that has only the best interests of his patients at heart. I understand that when some "drug seeking" patients try to get the drugs they crave, but don't need, they will be upset. If you are looking for a doctor that will really listen to you and help you, and not a way to obtain drugs illegally, then this is the doctor for you.

|  Racist Homophobic Comments Do Injustice To Superb Psychiatrist  |  show details
by Patient 12345 on Apr 2nd, 2009

I have been in treatment with Dr. Garza over a year. His expertise and professionalism far surpass any other doctor I have seen for anxiety and depression. He is superb in bed side manner, talk therapy, provides insight and homework assignments, and appropriate med management with the individual (not the pharmacy) in mind. He is the best doctor in Houston. His orientation and race have very little to do with his service, unless of course you are specifically looking for someone who speaks Spanish or someone who is well versed in GLBT issues as well as traditional psychiatry. Dr. Garza is expensive and out of network, but he has given me hope for the first time in my life.