inactive

Daniel R Hightower MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

Exceptional Caring physician
Dr. Hightower is a friend of mine. I called him on a Saturday as I was had developed a swelling in my neck. He came to my house. I had dental surgery f few days before and he initially thought it might be infection from the dental surgery. He came back later in the day tocheck on me and the swelling had enlarged. Dr Hightower arranged for meto be admitted to Vanderbilt where IVantibiotics were used. I was sent homeand Dr. Hightower came to see me every day. He became concerned and arranged forme to have the swelling removed on Saturday. The mass showed cancer. The source was the base of my tongue and was treated with radiation and chemotherapy.I am now cancer free. I owe my life toDr. Hightower and his efficient and correct evaluation.

Another opinion
I am a registered nurse who works in the operating room. Much more important thanbedside manner is a surgeons skills in the operating room. As far as ENT surgeons go, at our hospital Dr. Hightower rates an A plus. Take tonsillectomy for example, his operating times are the lowest, blood loss is negligible and as long as I have worked in the OR he has never had a patient returned to OR for complications. If I were having a procedure, he would be my first choice.

Great Caring Doctor
I have had sinus problems for a long time.I had prior surgeries which did not help.Dr. Hightower did an excellent job. My sinuses are well for the first time

August 29th, 2011
Poor bedside manner
I went in to Dr Hightower with a recommendation from my sleep doctor to get my tonsils removed to help with sleep apnea. He probably said 8 sentences to me during the entire office visit, which took approximately 3 minutes (no joke!). On the morning of my surgery, he walked into my room, said good morning, and THAT WAS IT. He did talk to my fiancee when I came out of surgery, but there still wasn't much explanation or reassurance. I think this fella may need to go ahead and retire soon.

November 23rd, 2010
Sinus surgery in 1994 - still in good shape
Dr. Hightower did laser sinus surgery on me in 1994 to fix a deviated septum and the effects of years of chronic sinus infections. I will admit he has absolutely no bedside manner. However, I would not hesitate to go back to him. I no longer have sinus problems; the people I've met who had the old traditional sinus surgery (not his laser procedure) are having horrible sinus problems years later, despite a short-term improvement. Forget bedside manner and waiting time - I am all about the RESULTS!

March 8th, 2010
if you need a otolaryngologist do not go to him
he should not ben certified in any of his fields I would not gave him one star BUT I did not know if it would not take my comments if didn't

September 14th, 2009
if you have tinnitus don't waste your money on this doctor
going to this doctor was a waste of time.took 45 minutes just to see him for 1 minute of his time for him to suggest I go to another doctor to test my hearing.this other doctor did a better job,he cleaned my ears and testing them for a charge of $65.00.doctor hightower charged $171.00 for 2 visit total of 3 minute checking my ears,total of 45 minute wait each of both visit.even though insurance pay for it.I fill bad for the insurance company for wasting their payment.do yourself a favor and go to the web and type in tinnitus cure.you will get a better diagnose for tinnitus.what a waste of time and money on this dummy.