Critical Care Specialist
Video profile

3.0

Review of Dr. Daniel Smith and his office show details Review of Dr. Daniel Smith and his office
by Marvin S. Davis on Jan 14th, 2015

I liked Dr. Smith. I had three visits with him and was diagnosed with COPD and lung cancer. He also ordered a sleep study. I am disabled with RA and on a very limited income. When I returned for the results of the sleep study of which he had already told me he felt I some breathing issues I was turned away because I did not have my $45 copay. I am on Medicare\Healthspring. I paid my first two co-pays at the time of service and the 3rd visit as I did not have it. When I went in for the results I was told I had to pay the co-pay before they would see me. I told them I did not have it that I had signed up for Medicaid and was hoping they would help me with the co-pays and the other medical bills for my cancer treatment. I was told I had to pay before being seen. I couldn't not pay so I had to leave without the results of the test. I know Dr. Smith knows and approved the process as my sister called the office shortly after I left and told his nurse that she wanted to make sure Dr. Smith knew I was being turned away and the nurse told her "he knows, he is standing right by me". This was a horrible experience and all for a $45 co-pay. Dr. Smith is very knowledgeable with a good bed-side manner, but has no compassion for is patients with limited funds regardless of their health condition.