Daniel R Smith MD Patient Reviews

• 1 comment

Showing 1 - 1 review

January 14th, 2015
Review of Dr. Daniel Smith and his office
I liked Dr. Smith. I had three visits with him and was diagnosed with COPD and lung cancer. He also ordered a sleep study. I am disabled with RA and on a very limited income. When I returned for the results of the sleep study of which he had already told me he felt I some breathing issues I was turned away because I did not have my $45 copay. I am on Medicare\Healthspring. I paid my first two co-pays at the time of service and the 3rd visit as I did not have it. When I went in for the results I was told I had to pay the co-pay before they would see me. I told them I did not have it that I had signed up for Medicaid and was hoping they would help me with the co-pays and the other medical bills for my cancer treatment. I was told I had to pay before being seen. I couldn't not pay so I had to leave without the results of the test. I know Dr. Smith knows and approved the process as my sister called the office shortly after I left and told his nurse that she wanted to make sure Dr. Smith knew I was being turned away and the nurse told her "he knows, he is standing right by me". This was a horrible experience and all for a $45 co-pay. Dr. Smith is very knowledgeable with a good bed-side manner, but has no compassion for is patients with limited funds regardless of their health condition.