Dr. Daniel Refai MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

• 75 reviews

December 26th, 2016
Outstanding!
I can't say enough about the skill, professionalism and caring personality of Dr. Refai. Superb! 5+ stars

October 19th, 2016
Outstanding Neurosurgeon
I unreservedly recommend Dr. Daniel Refai if you need complex spine surgery. Another highly regarded neurosurgeon referred me to him, so he is the neurosurgeon's neurosurgeon. My case was a difficult one, with numerous anomalies in my neck, and Dr. Refai put a lot of time into studying my physiology and planning the surgery. He used sophisticated equipment available from the Emory hospitals to visualize the surgery as he proceeded. His manner in clinic is very congenial, interested, and confident, and he instills confidence in his capability, which he then fulfills with his surgery. He is surrounded by highly capable and pleasant staff, especially his nurse Shawnee and his PA Sydney. My result from the surgery was even better than he predicted or I expected. I cannot speak highly enough of him. If you are unfortunate enough to need his services, you will be well advised to seek them.

September 15th, 2016
10 year back and leg pain
I suffered back and right leg ache / pain for nearly ten years. Went to Dr. Refai who said he could perform a TLIF with cortical screws and repair my spondylolisthesis and stenosis at L4- L5. I had the surgery, was up and walking the next day. I had no pain except some soreness from the incision and the ache / pain was gone. I still have some foot numbness which is normal. Hopefully that will disappear as well with time. I was walking up to 3-4 miles a day within a month. I was back to work in 6 weeks. At this point I couldn't be happier with the outcome. Dr. Refai and staff (Shawnee) are awesome. I don't know why I waited so long. I would recommend Dr. Refai without question!

September 13th, 2016
DR. REFAI REALLY IS THE BEST
Could hardly walk, not even with walker. MRI showed spinal meningioma (tumor) that was about to make me paralyzed from waist down. Never had major surgery before. Dr. Refai took time to answer ALL my questions and to explain in detail what would happen during surgery and what possible outcomes I could expect after surgery. Although I was scared, I knew I had found the right surgeon for my situation even though there were doubts about me ever walking unassisted again. Surgery went as Dr. Refai had described with amazingly minimal amount of pain afterwards. Follow-up showed tumor was benign and Dr. Refai continues to monitor my progress since tumor could possibly grow back. Today, after physical therapy that Dr. Refai prescribed, I can walk without walker or cane. Dr. Refai and his nurse, Shawnee, have been very supportive throughout this experience and for that I am truly grateful. I would highly recommend Dr. Refai to anyone needing spinal surgery.

September 8th, 2016
Surgery
This man is not only a very nice man he is a wonderful surgeon. He assured me that everything was going to be ok and he would help. Thanks to him I no longer have back or leg pain. Highly recommend him.

August 10th, 2016
Dr Refai is a fantastic doctor and I would trust him with my life

June 29th, 2016
Great surgeon with great bedside manner.
From the start of my diagnosis, Dr. Refai was genuinely concerned and knew what he was talking about. He gave me my options and took the time to explain every pro and con to each option. Before the procedure, immediately after, and during the 6 week followup, he was informative and made me feel as if I were his only patient. He is professional and well versed in his field. I would recommend him to anyone with the issues I had. (sciatica, disc herniation, disc degenerative disease)

June 28th, 2016
Would recommend Dr. ReFai to anyone in back pain. I am pain free in my back, upper n lower left leg and foot.

June 8th, 2016
I had Dr. Refai Correct my spondyololisthesis & stenosis a year ago. I couldn't be more pleased. I had suffered for years and was mostly sitting in a recliner before my surgery. Now, I am going to exercise classes and walking 2 miles. I am 73. I only wish I had done it sooner. I only took 3 pain pills after surgery. It wasn't nearlly as bad as I expected. Don't wait!!!

April 25th, 2016
He is a great surgeon He urged me not to wait to have surgery and he was absolutely correct. He is the finest Doctor I've ever seen. His staff is superb and his office runs on time. I've recommended him to anyone who will listen.

March 1st, 2016
Pain Free
Very easy to talk to, explained everything clearly and did an outstanding job on the surgery.

February 29th, 2016
Dr Refai
Very highly recommended. As a nurse myself I am a little more critical in my expectations of the medical providers and I can say without hesitation Dr Refai is the best. Kudos to his office nurse aka right hand woman Shawnee. She has the patience of a saint and went above and beyond and one never felt it was too much trouble. Awesome!