Dr. Daniel Refai MD Patient Reviews

February 14th, 2017
Dr. Refai is a terrific neurosurgeon. He took me as a patient and did my 7 vertebrae laminectomy and spinal fusion even though my many other health issues that made me high risk. My surgery was a success. I am very grateful to him.

February 2nd, 2017
Dr. Refai would be my first choice for spinal surgery!
I went to Dr. Refai for a second opinion for additional lumbar surgery. I found Dr. Refai to be very professional, very caring and easy to communicate with about my condition. I had previous lumbar surgery seven months earlier, but that doctor and that surgery did not fix my issues. Dr. Refai did!!!

January 24th, 2017
His surgical skill improved my spine 100%.
Dr Refai has good insight into the diagnosis and treatment of spine problems. He was genuine, openly frank and honest about what needed to be done to improve my quality of life. His confidence assured me that I was seeing the right surgeon. I would recommend him to anyone that suffers from spinal problems.

January 23rd, 2017
Exceptional!
It has been 6 1/2 weeks since Dr. Refai reopened my lower back, removed old hardware from my L5-S1 fusion surgery 6 years ago and then proceeded to fuse my L4-L5. My first surgery, performed by a different neurosurgeon in a different state, was horrible. My pain after surgery and my recovery was almost unbearable. I was so afraid of having it done again. I knew the pain I was going to be going through. I feel nothing less than blessed that I found Dr. Refai. The pain through the entire experience was minimal and I am only taking 1 Tylenol 2 or 3 times a day now. That is huge to me. The professionalism and friendliness from the moment my husband and I walked in to the waiting room was outstanding. The ease of communicating with his assistant after I was home when I had questions was just that...easy. I will choose Dr. Refai again, hands down!

December 26th, 2016
Outstanding!
I can't say enough about the skill, professionalism and caring personality of Dr. Refai. Superb! 5+ stars

October 19th, 2016
Outstanding Neurosurgeon
I unreservedly recommend Dr. Daniel Refai if you need complex spine surgery. Another highly regarded neurosurgeon referred me to him, so he is the neurosurgeon's neurosurgeon. My case was a difficult one, with numerous anomalies in my neck, and Dr. Refai put a lot of time into studying my physiology and planning the surgery. He used sophisticated equipment available from the Emory hospitals to visualize the surgery as he proceeded. His manner in clinic is very congenial, interested, and confident, and he instills confidence in his capability, which he then fulfills with his surgery. He is surrounded by highly capable and pleasant staff, especially his nurse Shawnee and his PA Sydney. My result from the surgery was even better than he predicted or I expected. I cannot speak highly enough of him. If you are unfortunate enough to need his services, you will be well advised to seek them.

September 15th, 2016
10 year back and leg pain
I suffered back and right leg ache / pain for nearly ten years. Went to Dr. Refai who said he could perform a TLIF with cortical screws and repair my spondylolisthesis and stenosis at L4- L5. I had the surgery, was up and walking the next day. I had no pain except some soreness from the incision and the ache / pain was gone. I still have some foot numbness which is normal. Hopefully that will disappear as well with time. I was walking up to 3-4 miles a day within a month. I was back to work in 6 weeks. At this point I couldn't be happier with the outcome. Dr. Refai and staff (Shawnee) are awesome. I don't know why I waited so long. I would recommend Dr. Refai without question!

September 13th, 2016
DR. REFAI REALLY IS THE BEST
Could hardly walk, not even with walker. MRI showed spinal meningioma (tumor) that was about to make me paralyzed from waist down. Never had major surgery before. Dr. Refai took time to answer ALL my questions and to explain in detail what would happen during surgery and what possible outcomes I could expect after surgery. Although I was scared, I knew I had found the right surgeon for my situation even though there were doubts about me ever walking unassisted again. Surgery went as Dr. Refai had described with amazingly minimal amount of pain afterwards. Follow-up showed tumor was benign and Dr. Refai continues to monitor my progress since tumor could possibly grow back. Today, after physical therapy that Dr. Refai prescribed, I can walk without walker or cane. Dr. Refai and his nurse, Shawnee, have been very supportive throughout this experience and for that I am truly grateful. I would highly recommend Dr. Refai to anyone needing spinal surgery.

September 8th, 2016
Surgery
This man is not only a very nice man he is a wonderful surgeon. He assured me that everything was going to be ok and he would help. Thanks to him I no longer have back or leg pain. Highly recommend him.

August 10th, 2016
Dr Refai is a fantastic doctor and I would trust him with my life

June 29th, 2016
Great surgeon with great bedside manner.
From the start of my diagnosis, Dr. Refai was genuinely concerned and knew what he was talking about. He gave me my options and took the time to explain every pro and con to each option. Before the procedure, immediately after, and during the 6 week followup, he was informative and made me feel as if I were his only patient. He is professional and well versed in his field. I would recommend him to anyone with the issues I had. (sciatica, disc herniation, disc degenerative disease)

June 28th, 2016
Would recommend Dr. ReFai to anyone in back pain. I am pain free in my back, upper n lower left leg and foot.