Dr. Daniel Ripa MD Patient Reviews

October 17th, 2016
Great Experience
I found Dr Ripa to be a excellant Doctor and surgeon. I had a double fusion and he was the best in answering my questions. A year later I had a pinched nerve and in extreme pain he then performed a procedure to correct it called a hemilamenectomy . He was out of town when pinched nerve became unbareable I was in st Elizabeth and he came immediately when he returned . He was the very best. His staff assistant Brian was excellant as we're his assistants. The office he is in could use some more compassion and work better with people and insurance billing etc. But over all he himself was excellant and I would refer him to any one. My procedures were back a ways but he is very knowledgeable and provided me good info when I asked questions.

October 27th, 2015
liar
bring a witness if you have to see this guy he's a compulsive liar. Ask to see another doctor if possible because he will falsify your records for the insurance company. Very rude and arrogant.

July 7th, 2015
terrible doctor
don't see this guy if you have a choice. saw him one time and then had to have multiple surgeries later because of his misdiagnosis. he doesn't care about his patients only his wallet. use bryant hospital CHI is a terrible hospital with terrible doctors and nurses.

April 15th, 2015
This guy is a liar don't ever use him or CHI. Tried to get a follow-up with this doctor after seeing him and the pain got worse, he refused to see me. Spent about 5 minutes with me, same amount he spent with work comp adjuster. His manners were horrible, very mean and arrogant. His nurse Brian is the same way, don't trust him either. Dr. Ripa also had the wrong diagnosis, not a very bright guy, shouldn't be a doctor.

December 22nd, 2014
I have never felt better

February 7th, 2014
Bordering on Arrogance
In my experience with with Dr. Ripa over the years, he simply fails to fully appreciate the patient's perspective, fails to fully explore the extent of the problem and tends to gloss over the options and interests of the patient. It goes beyond poor bedside manner but more of a lack of empathy and bordering on arrogance. When asking follow-up questions of Dr. Ripa, he ostensibly becomes defensive and certainly condescending towards a patient for what he must interpret as challenging his knowledge. In the end, I'm left feeling that Dr. Ripa may perhaps lack confidence in his technical capabilities and/or he has simply become callous over the years. I have lost confidence that he has the ability to truly be an advocate for the patient or to appreciate their perspective. It appears to me that Dr. Ripa does what is best or least complicated for Dr. Ripa. That's not what I want. I want to feel confident that my orthopedic surgeon is positive and cares to do what is best for the patient.