Dr. Daniel Ruan MD Patient Reviews

• General Surgery Wesley Chapel, FL

• Good
  • Bad

June 22nd, 2017
Parathyroid Surgery - Claudia B.
Awesome…the entire staff at Norman Parathyroid Center… from the office support, fabulous doctors/nurses, the surgical team including the hospital staff!!! Tampa General Hospital provided an atmosphere of peace and calm. This energized bunny has been re-energized!!! I am so thankful and blessed to have found the Norman Parathyroid Center. May God bless all of you for your dedication and caring in giving people back their lives in an easy, no non-sense manner!!! Thank you Dr. Ruan for everything! If you are having any parathyroid issues look no further…put your complete trust in the Norman Parathyroid Center these professionals know what they’re doing!

December 9th, 2016
Tammy Crago
I was very impressed with Dr. Ruan's explanation to me about hypoparathyroidism. I wish I would have found him before my surgeon in Virginia took too much of my glands out causing me to have this. He appreciates the decrease in quality of life with this condition and that's important to me.

June 20th, 2016
An outstanding surgeon
My experience with Dr. Ruan was nothing short of outstanding; from my consult, through my surgery, and subsequent follow ups. I had been dealing with high calcium blood results for over 10 years and could not get a diagnosis from anyone. After a recent blood test, I was subsequently referred to Dr. Ruan, who consulted with me and immediately identified the issue. He took the time to walk me through a detailed understanding of the disease (parathyroid disease), and made me feel comfortable with next steps, surgery and recovery. He is a positive, experienced surgeon with a great bedside manner, which was evident on the day of my surgery. He put both my husband and me at ease, especially just before the surgery. The operation was successful, and the scar is barely visible (4 weeks later). Dr. Ruan is the whole package: friendly, very receptive to texts, a highly skilled surgeon and knowledgeable in all the new technology. I knew when I met Dr. Ruan during my consult that I did not want anyone else performing this surgery. I would recommend Dr. Ruan to anyone!

April 19th, 2016
My experience with Dr. Ruan was nothing but positive. His extensive knowledge regarding my health issue, exceptional surgical skills and thorough review of what to expect with the procedure were what patients look for in selecting their medical professionals. I could not be more satisfied with my experience and would recommend Dr. Ruan without hesitation.

March 29th, 2016
Forever grateful and fortunate
Dr. Ruan followed up with me, he was out of the country on vacation, he checked for the proper dosage of my prescribed medication as well as my post-op physical condition. His obvious concern for me was a great comfort to my family and I.

March 15th, 2016
Fortunate to have such an excellent physician in the Boston area
Dr. Daniel Ruan operated on my son for a pheocromocytoma on his left adrenal gland. From the time of the diagnosis to the surgery he explained everything to us and made us feel very comfortable. He is a doctor with knowledge and skills which are outstanding. He treated my son with kindness and compassion. We fully trusted him. I would highly recommend him. We are very fortunate and grateful to have him as my son's Doctor.

January 24th, 2016
Dr. Ruan is excellent!
Dr. Ruan is excellent: (1) he explained thoroughly & understandably the procedure, a thyroidectomy, the risks and possible consequences, and he answered all of my questions; (2) the surgery went well & without complications; (3) other than a bandage over the incision, there is no evidence of the recent surgery; (4) he promptly returned my telephone call to him 3 days after the surgery, and he immediately called me with the biopsy and blood work results; (5) he is very nice. I unconditionally recommend Dr. Ruan.

November 28th, 2015
The best of the best of the best. I couldn't imagine a better surgical outcome. Other doctors always want to know who did my surgery. He is kind, compassionate and razor sharp smart.

November 1st, 2015
Thyroidectomy
Superlative does not do justice to Dr. Ruan's technical expertise and ability to relate to his patients in his professional, warmth and comforting manner. His attentiveness combined with his professional skills comprised the ideal that we all search for in a physician. He removed my cancerous thyroid, after which I experienced absolutely zero side effects, pain, discomfort of any kind, not any interruption in my daily activity, all without the need of any pain medication. I am so very fortunate to have been under the care of such an exceptional doctor.

June 9th, 2015
AMAZING SURGEON
I am a recent Harvard medical school graduate (class of 2015) and Dr. Ruan was one of my surgery professors when I was a student. When I was diagnosed with thyroid cancer, I knew that I wanted him and only him to perform my surgery. He has an incredible bedside manner, he is extremely approachable, he is patient with my questions and concerns, and he is an outstanding surgeon. His office staff was extremely easy to work with and I was able to schedule my surgery within less than a week after my diagnosis. I felt very comfortable working with him and he was extremely responsive with my emails/phone calls and answering my questions patiently. I am about 1.5 months out from my surgery and my incision looks incredible, you can barely tell that I ever had surgery - it looks like a plastic surgeon performed my operation!! I am extremely pleased with my results - my cancer is completely gone and the healing process was better than I expected. Dr. Ruan did a wonderful job, my incision is right in my neck crease and no one can even notice my scar or tell that I had neck surgery. If I had to do it all over again, I would without a doubt pick Dr. Ruan and I would recommend him to any of my loved ones. He is an outstanding surgeon and doctor. Even though I have moved into a new city, I am able to reach him by phone or email and I feel good knowing I can always count on him to answer my questions or help me.

January 15th, 2015
Parathyroid surgery
Dr. Ruan is the most caring and compassionate doctor that I have ever met. I did not know what to expect prior to the surgery, but after sitting and talking with him he answered all my questions and I felt at ease. The staff in the OR the day of my surgery was professional and kind and reassuring. I was pain free except for some soreness. I highly recommend him to anyone including family and friends who is contemplating have this surgery.

June 29th, 2014
An exceptional surgeon
Dr. Ruan is an exceptional surgeon whose skill at removing my "pheo" surpassed my expectations, Trust this man - he will provide you with the best care possible.