Internist, General Practitioner
4553 N Shallowford Rd
Ste 30B
Atlanta, GA 30338
770-455-7082
Locations and availability (1)

Some ratings provided by Kudzu. DrScore.
 |  Great doc  |  show details
by Gary Bogumil on Oct 31st, 2013

I have been going to dr. Goodman for I think at least 20 years, maybe more. I still went to him even when he wasn't on my insurance as they switch around. I have been through a lot of medical dilemmas and he has always been there to rescue and help me. I wouldn't be with a doctor this long unless I believed he was one of the best. We need more like him.

|  show details
Feb 21st, 2012

Doc has a dry sense of humor, but is a down to earth guy. Accurately diagnosed me on two separate occasions. He is actively looking out for my health.

|  show details
May 4th, 2011

I have been seen by Dr Goodman for 15 years. He is excellent. He is straight forward and easy to communicate with. He is sensitive to costs and trying to help the patient out to prevent unnecessary medical expenses without jeopardizing the patient health or care. If you are looking for someone to coddle you, Dr Goodman may not be the answer. However if you want a doctor who is prompt, compassionate, thorough then I recemmend him highly.

|  I'd rather go to Grady than see Dr. Goodman  |  show details
Feb 16th, 2011

The staff in Dr. Goodman's office is excellent.Unfortunately, I found Dr. Goodman to be closed-minded, sexist, and not a team player when it comes to treating patients.He seemed completely uninterested in treating me as a patient, and was quite patronizing in his comments made to me.He made it clear that he doesn't believe what I had to say, and went so far as to say that if he choose "to indulge me," he'd have to review all of my health records first. I have no complaints about having my health records reviewed. However, I do take his statement of "indulging me" to be extremely unprofessional, patronizing, and closed-minded.He also made a comment about XX-pound "women" always having certain problems. He did correct himself to include men, but his sexism was apparent.

|  don't see this doctor  |  show details
Jan 16th, 2011

1. blatant negligence of my condition2. not properly explain what is wrong and how to proceed3. expects me to continually remind him of my treatment history while under his care4. left me in pain for six months.

|  Great Dr  |  show details
by Fred B Fletcher on Aug 24th, 2010

I used Dr Goodman from 1990 thru 1996 - he cared for my terminally ill wife is a ver y compassonate manner. I left becasue of insurance change and went back as soon as he was covered by my current insurnace. He listens, He chews when i need a good chewing and he says "Way to go " when i make positive changes. Quite, funny sense of humor but a great Doctor and a great friend

|  Great support staff  |  show details
by way2go on Jul 5th, 2009 on kudzu.com

Pam and the rest of the office staff are super friendly and efficient. Dr. G is a good physician but has no "friendly bedside manner" he listens but jumps in an out of the room often during a visit and doesn't engage in conversation. I've just needed him for routine visits -so can't comment on serious medical care. It is easy to get an appointment and there is good follow up.

|  Super Doc - yet down to Earth  |  show details
by fletchfb on Apr 28th, 2009 on kudzu.com

Dr Goodman was my Doc in the early 90's - I left when my insurance changed. I am now back and he is a super Dr and a super listener! I missed him and his care and am so glad I now have him available in my portfolio again. He cared for my terminally ill wife from 90-95 in a very compassionate manner. Thanks you Doctor!

|  Great Physician!  |  show details
by Sunny2 on Dec 21st, 2008 on kudzu.com

Dr. Goodman is excellent! He is thorough and cares about your health and well-being. Dr. Goodman comes highly recommended.

|  Excellent Doctor  |  show details
by theFloridians on Jun 5th, 2008 on kudzu.com

Dr. Goodman is pleasant, easy to get an appointment, and has a clean, professional office and friendly staff. He takes great care of us. This is definitely my kind of doctor.

|  Best in Town  |  show details
by csto78 on Mar 10th, 2007 on kudzu.com

Dr. Goodman is awesome. He is very thorough and takes enough time with you to really understand what your concerns are. He takes his patients seriously, which is hard to find these days.

|  Good internist  |  show details
by polska on Nov 10th, 2005 on kudzu.com

Dan Goodman pays attention to the patient, something not all doctors do. His style is laid back, he is very good with the elderly, and the office is helpful with appts. You can do routine things (like Rx refills) online, which is great.