Family Physicians, General Practitioner
48677 Victoria Ln
Ste 103
Oakhurst, CA 93644
559-683-6331
Locations and availability (3)

|  Worth waiting for  |  show details
Oct 19th, 2012

Dr. Schaffner takes care of my 90 year old mother. He keeps her pain free without over medicating. He takes the time to listen to her and checks for interactions between her meds. Our family is thrilled with his attention to detail. Mother is often difficult to work with but he deals well with her.

|  show details
Sep 18th, 2012

Good man, very caring, thorough...

|  Good Doc!  |  show details
Jul 8th, 2012

I was told that Dr. Shaffner usually is running late. My thinking was that since he seemed to be quite popular, he would likely be worth a little waiting-room time. My gamble paid off and I was right! Dr. Shaffner is a skilled physician with a warm and caring way about him. He never rushes, spending as much time as needed to address your concerns and give each patient an in-dept exam. I couldn't be happier with him as our primary physician.

|  Having a family dr that we consider a friend  |  show details
Apr 25th, 2012

Incredibly easy to talk to...we always say "one always leaves the office feeling better than when entering"...we worry that Dr Schaffner might some day move from our town to another...what would we do?

|  A Diamond in the Rough  |  show details
Dec 16th, 2011

Dr. Schaffner is NOT the usual doctor who looks at your file instead of you, asks a couple questions then writes a Rx and sends you on your way. You will notice that he still cares about helping people and is a gentle and kind man (with a great sense of humor). He is not a haughty, prideful doctor, but genuinely wants to find a solution to your problem. As you can see by my ratings, you may wait for awhile in the waiting room, but when you get in there you will appreciate that he takes his time with you (which is why the next person is still waiting) and not make you make a new appointment to talk about each ailment. He is very knowledgeable and can recommend either a more natural option if available or Rx, or whatever new options are available since he somehow stays up to date on medical advancements.His office is also very easy to work with. They are very busy, but will go out of their way to help you any way they can. I also really like that there is a female (either Nurse Practitioner or Physicians Assistant) Sandy Peck, that you can see for female care if that makes you more comfortable. She is very knowledgeable and much easier to get an appointment with. Finally, another doctor who shares the office is Dr. Omeara. Ive only seen him once and he was very nice, thorough and seemed to know what he was doing. Everything I have heard about him has been excellent, and I talk to people everyday about their doctors.I am a local insurance agent dealing mostly with people on Medicare and I trust this office enough to refer my clients to them (which says a lot). I know you will be happy with the care you receive from Dr. Schaffner, Dr. Omeara, and Sandy Peck. Feel free to contact me if you have any questions.Melissa PetrushkinPETRUSHKIN INSURANCE SERVICESpetrushkin@sti.net559-683-3863