Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Successful Surgery with Doctor Scodary show details Successful Surgery with Doctor Scodary
by Robert (Bob) Evans on Jun 27th, 2016

I was suffering badly with severe pain in my lower back, hips, and legs. Dr. Scodary came highly recommended as I was searching for a Doctor that could help me "successfully" with my degenerative disc problems in my lower back (from S1 to L5). My primary Doctor ordered an MRI for my back and recommended a neurologist. After meeting with him and looking at the MRI I realized 2 things. 1) I was inevitably going to need surgery. 2) I was not comfortable with this first Doctor. After searching, finding and meeting with Doctor Scodary he took the time to show me the details of my multiple herniated discs. He was not anxious to do surgery. He suggested I try injections first and see how I responded to them. I did that with "good" results for 2 years. Finally the shots stopped working this past Spring and the pain was getting very bad. I met with Doctor Scodary and had another MRI done. We reviewed this MRI and he compared it with the first one....It was BAD! The bottom disc was "gone" and the next 2 above it were severely herniated. There was nothing left to do but have surgery done to perform a "disc-ectomy" to remove these bad discs and stabilize my lower vertebrata. Doctor Scodary did my surgery on Tuesday May 3, 2016. When I woke up in recovery I could tell the operation was a success! All that pain in my lower back, hips, and legs was COMPLETELY GONE! The surgery was serious enough that the first 2 weeks of recovery were a little unpleasant and I temporarily lost most of the feeling in my right foot. Doctor Scodary assured me that I would most likely regain that feeling. I went from a walker to a cane in 1 month and now "just 2 months" after surgery I am doing GREAT! The feeling is coming back in my right foot (it tingles a lot but keeps getting better) and I am "pain free" in all the areas that the herniated discs were mashing my nerve roots in my spine. "I LOVE THIS GUY"! He is an excellent surgeon who is very cautious about advising patients of the pros and cons of surgery. He warned me about the possible negative effects and then proceeded to do a MARVELOUS JOB in fixing my back!! His staff assistants Barb & Kim are an equal reflection of his skill, kindness, and dedication to excellence! They all make you feel like family....If you have serious back pain, need a Neurologist, and are scared of making a mistake....I believe the biggest mistake would be not consulting with Doctor Scodary! He told me the truth and he CURED MY PAIN!! :-)

The Best of the Best show details The Best of the Best
by Laura Schacht Jones on Jun 2nd, 2015

Changed my life. What an amazing surgeon. I had 3-level spinal fusion and was walking in days and pain relieved instantly.

May 31st, 2015

Very approachable

by Pat Jones on Mar 13th, 2014

Okay, let me make this perfectly clear .... I LOVE THIS DOCTOR !! He has done wonders for my back (surgery was 5 hours if that tells you anything) and I'm not even completely fused yet...I have little, if any, real pain (I lived with it for 15 years ! ) and once I'm fused will be able to walk well again ! I had RN's coming into my hospital room wanting to see my incision....every one of their comments were "Oh my, that's beautiful work!"..... I have the utmost respect for this man and his abilities! He's very good at what he does and the best part is......he knows it !!! Great guy !!!

Awesome outcome show details Awesome outcome
by marie on Oct 4th, 2013

My son saw Dr. Scodary 2 years ago for a spinal fusion. My son was 20 years old at the time of the surgery. 2 years and counting and he appears to have a very good outcome from the surgery. Before the surgery his pain was almost unbearable and now it is reduced by 95%. That's an awesome outcome.

so sweet show details so sweet
by amy lucks on Feb 26th, 2013

I have not had my surgery yet but it is schedule in about a month and a half, but I have spent time with him in appointments a couple times and have talked to Barb, his medical assistant, when I scheduled my surgery, she is the sweetest lady I've ever spoken to at a drs office, she made me feel so at ease and answered every question i had and made me aware that they, her and doctor scodary, we're there for any questions I had before and up to the surgery. She assured me that I can call it anytime and asking me questions I want, I couldn't have been made to feel more comfortable by her :-) she spent almost 30 min answering my questions about the surgery etc.

New life...Dr. Scodary is a 10 show details New life...Dr. Scodary is a 10
Nov 6th, 2012

As my second back surgery,I found Dr. Scodary and staff excellent. He quickly earned my trust when he was recommended by a family friend who is an out-of-state neurosurgeon. I was not disappointed. After multi-level fusion, My pain has been reduced from a chronic 8 to a 1. Absolute miracle. DePaul was excellent as a hospital as well.

Mar 24th, 2012

The lady named Barb in the office was rude and was not friendly at all. She makes me not want to come back.

exceptional doctor and person! show details exceptional doctor and person!
Mar 12th, 2012

exceptional doctor and person!

Love this DOc show details Love this DOc
Jan 19th, 2012

Worth the wait :)

workman's comp. show details workman's comp.
Aug 23rd, 2011

Although the Doc. didn't help my case at all. I found him to be quite personable and a joy to talk to. I was hoping for another visit just so I could see him again. Which is why the ratings are low. I didn't spend enough time with him and haven't seen him sense. I have had a crush on him ever sense I met him. Although its been at least ten years I still think of him often. What a sweetheart!!! I tried to call to thank him for being so kind but was treated rather rudely on the phone so I'd like to say thank you now.

Office staff terrible, Doc great show details Office staff terrible, Doc great
by Kathryn on Jun 1st, 2010

Barb the lady in the office in incredible rude. Acted annoyed when asked a simple question.