Dr. Daniel Shaw Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Daniel Shaw?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

November 6th, 2016

Caring and competent

Dr Shaw has replaced both of my knees. And will soon perform carpal tunnel surgery on my right hand very concerned on having his patients improve to his:her personal best!!!

November 2nd, 2016

Treated me like family!

I absolutely love Dr. Shaw and his staff! He is warm, personable, and caring...always taking the time to explain my options. It's been two years since he fixed a huge tear in my rotator cuff and it's still as good as ever!!! He and his staff got me through that procedure and recovery in the safest and smoothest way! I really appreciated how he took the time to directly review my imaging studies in order to make sure that only the necessary surgery needed to be done. I appreciate it every day Dr. Shaw...thank you!

December 19th, 2015

Unsatisfactory. After initial consultation, he prescribed MRI. His office provided me with written instructions on how to deal with the insurance company, rather than take care of it themselves. Strike ONE. Went for MRI at outside facility. Forgot my prescription. His office refused to fax it over, because it was my "responsibility" to bring prescription and suggested I reschedule my MRI. Strike TWO. He won't discuss MRI results by phone, only in office. Fee hungry. Strike THREE.

December 15th, 2015

Dr.Shaw performed two shoulder surgeries and repaired a badly fractured wrist on me and I have had no problems. What I felt post op. was exactly the way it was explained and he made sure my physical therapy went slow and steady for the physical job I have. Answered any questions and his staff was always there when needed,even saving me the headache of dealing with insurance over the phone. Top notch Dr. and staff.

August 19th, 2015

Too fast...

Dr Shaw was in and out in a flash. Never had time to ask questions. I had to tell him not to leave in order for me to get any answers. I kept going back to him every few months for my knee to get drained and....the problem was never remedied!

June 30th, 2015

Dr. Shaw, has been our family Orthopedic for many years, we've had several broken bones and Knee surgeries, all with exceptional outcomes. We are grateful to have Dr. Shaw as our outstanding doctor.

February 14th, 2015

Great experience having 2 knee replacements with Dr Shaw. Caring, attentive both he and staff

January 15th, 2015

1st Class Surgeon

I had a bicep rupture repaired and from the first call to the office to the procedure and closing out on the post op appointments I can honestly say it was a excellent experience! The office and surgical staff was friendly and informative and Dr Shaw was really cool and focused. . I had minimal discomfort and a quick, uneventful recovery. I would recommend this tremendous surgeon to anyone with an orthopedic issue!

December 16th, 2014

I have met Dr. Shaw over the course of treatment for a foot with multiple fractures. Dr. Shaw was always punctual and attentive. He always responded to phone calls and emails, whether containing the most mundane of questions or valid concerns. I felt very comfortable with Dr. Shaw and the treatment I received. I would highly recommend Dr. Shaw if you are in need of an orthopedic surgeon who cares enough about his patients to not only provide excellent medical care but a great bedside manner with the patience to explain.

February 27th, 2011

OUTSTANDING DR!

Dr. Shaw is great! He is sincere, caring and very professional. He is also compassionate and he does not try to force his patients to have unnecessary surgery. His follow up after care by far is the best I have ever received! The entire staff at Westfield Orthopedics is simply outstanding! My visits are extremely great from beginning to end. Dr. Shaw has operated on me 3 times and each time his professionalism, his care, his courtesy and overall demeanor was just OUTSTANDING! I have had countless visits to the Westfield Orthopedic office and I would highly recommend Dr. Shaw to anyone searching for a great doctor, a great humanitarian and just a great caring person!

January 8th, 2011

He has done absolutely nothing for me to help solve an ongoing problem. He is not interested in answering questions or having any kind of conversation. He simply treats the surface symptoms and quite literally runs out of the room. I've had to yell for him to come back to answer a question and have left his office crying on more than one occasion. He is rough with painful in office procedures. I am sorry that I had to pay him for his "service" and am currently looking for a new physician.

May 26th, 2010

He comes in the room and out very quickly, not a people person or personable at all. You leave with more questions than answers.