Dermatologist, Board Certified Mohs Surgeon

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

3.0

Nov 20th, 2014

Dr Shurman helped me with an issue that no other dermatologist was able to help me with . He was very positive and compassionate and helped me feel Comfortable . I'm so glad he opened an office near me and its a very pretty office too.

|  Female over 50  |  show details
by Concerned Patient on Jun 4th, 2014

Shurman had left Lawlors office and took staff with him. No explanation of why he does something to your skin. Place is always dirty, not too proffessional. So sad...I really believe Shurman and his staff has potential to be one of the best. Will see....What is happening to the generations.

|  Worst bedside manner I've ever experienced!!  |  show details
by Disappointed in Reading, PA on Mar 6th, 2014

Dr. Shurman wasn't the least bit interested in my skin issues. He was rushed and left the room quickly without saying "goodbye" or "I hope your situation improves"..nothing. I wasn't sure if he had permantley left or what? No, I would certainly NOT recommend him to anybody. The rest of the staff there were A (the nurses and the physician's assistant were terrific!!) I'm hoping he had a bad day but after reading other reviews (post appointment - my mistake) I think this is how he operates. Will not see him again- ever!

|  Loves to do the Mohs....but did I need it?  |  show details
by Frankie Suppositorio on Feb 19th, 2014

I had a small spot on my chest. This "doctor" told me i needed the Mohs procedure on my chest to remove the cancer. aftrer he did surgery, i had to return the next day to have the stitching done! i needed to take another day off work! i asked why he coundt stitch it when he removed the cancer spot, and the "doctor" said it was better for me. I don't understand.

|  Doesn't monitor his physician's assistant  |  show details
Mar 19th, 2013

This practice lets their "PA" physician's assistant do what she wants. No supervision. I would strongly advise you be very, very careful about who you saw here or you will end up with a scare on your face that may never go away.

by Lori H on Feb 15th, 2013

Dr. Shurman is fabulous. His staff is warm and friendly. He took the time to listen to my issues, and was the first doctor to be able to help me. Thank you Dr. Shurman!

|  Dina survivo  |  show details
Oct 20th, 2012

Horrible terrible. He cut me and then sent me home with an open wound. Made me return the next day to fix. Sweet lordie Jesus

|  One visit was the best, Next visit the worst!  |  show details
Oct 2nd, 2012

I felt so positive about Dr. Shurman at my first appointment. But on the next visit I was rushed, cut off from speaking, and felt unimportant. I also felt bad for the nurse in the room. He was short and irritated with her inability to manage the computer process. He is great with skin, not so great with people.

Jul 25th, 2012

Staff is great. Can get them on the phone and Dr. shurman always gets back to you immediately. He puts you at ease and makes you comfortable and a great at diagnosing. He can tell when you are nervous and always takes control and puts you at ease

Jul 2nd, 2012

very direct and thorough. caring with good follow up. would recommend him.

Jun 6th, 2012

Excellent. He really took his time listened to me and explained everything very clearly

|  Great surgeon!!!  |  show details
May 15th, 2012

Dr. Shurman operated on me twice. On both occassions, the doctor and his staff were professional, caring, timely, and did a great overall job. I did not have to wait long to see the doctor. The doctor took the time to describe the problem, the procedure and my options for the surgery. My incisions healed nicely with minimal scarring. I recommend this doctor.

|  The only dermatologist in town, and he knows it!  |  show details
Apr 19th, 2012

Unfortunately, this doctor is one of the few (if not the only) dermatologists seeing new patients in my area. I scheduled and appointment for treatment of adult acne. After over a 45 minute wait, the doctor spent less than 5 minutes with me. During that time I tried to explain my condition, but he constantly interrupted, and at one point simply ignored me and started talking to the nurse. He left the exam room after 4 minutes! I was confused and frustrated and had to ask the nurse to explain what he prescribed as a treatment. My recommendation is to search for another dermatologist and avoid the problems and disappointment I had with Daniel Shurman.

Doctor's Response

Please call our office staff at 610-288-2908, so that we can insure that any negative experience you may have had is addressed and is fully rectified. We care very much about your health care.

Jan 10th, 2012

Dr. Shurman has been very good to me, but his bedside manner are poor. He need needs to spend more time with a patient, he seems to rush you. Other wise he is nice. His staff members are very friendly and helpful.

Jan 9th, 2012

After seeing 2 other dermatolgists in the area Dr. Shurman's staff was warm and knowlegdeble. Dr. Shurman was on time, thorough, had a great personality, and above all really took his time and cared about my issues. After one visit with Dr. Shurman my skin issues were completely resolved

|  Wonderful, Patient Doctor  |  show details
Oct 23rd, 2011

Dr Shurman treated a condition for me that nobody has been able to diagnose. He did it with such ease and comfort and helped me achieve a successful treatment while making me feel less scared. I appreciate his knowledge and his bedside manner.

|  Excellent!!  |  show details
Mar 10th, 2011

I liked Dr. Shurman alot, he was thorough and listened to my concerns. I did not feel as i was rushed through my appointment. I'm certainly happy i was referred to him.

|  Finally a Great Derm in Reading  |  show details
Jan 12th, 2011

I am so happy that a young, intelligent dermatologist has come to the Reading area. Dr. Shurman returns all my calls that day and always knows about me and my condition like I'm the only patient he has. I highly recommend him. Thanks Dr. Shurmamn

Jan 11th, 2011

I had a lot of scarring from a skin condition and was very embarrassed and insecure about it. Dr. Shurman helped to treat it and made me feel more positive and secure about myself and that I wasn't the only one.

|  Excellent, best dermatologist I have seen  |  show details
by patient on Nov 24th, 2010

Excellent staff and great experience. I had a skin problem for 2 years that my doctor and another dermatologist could not help me. Dr. Shurman was great