Dr. Daniel Sloven MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.9

January 27th, 2015
Dr. Slovan is great. His bedside manner is a bit..odd. But he is amazing

April 29th, 2013
Great Children's Specialist!
Dr. Sloven has an incredible bedside manner, he is so good with my daughter (7). Really talks to her and makes her feel important. She absolutely adores him! I really trust that he is listening to our problems and giving us the best care possible. Highly recommend!

February 23rd, 2012
Very Caring doctor. He listens to everything you have to say and has a great attitude. When you are in his office you feel like you are his only patient. I would recommend him to any child that is in need of a GI specialist.

November 30th, 2011
EXCELLENT DOCTOR
This docotor is a very good doctor. He is very concered about his patients. My son is very scared when comes to doctor's. But when I Tell him; he's going to see DR.Sloven; he dosn't complain. My Husband and I are very grateful for this doctors concern and knowledge.

August 15th, 2011
Gives clear explanations
Dr. Sloven does a good job of listening to symtoms. He allows the patient to explain WHAT is going on with disease.

August 30th, 2010
Disappointed
We're very disappointed with Dr. Sloven. He seemed to minimize our concerns with our son and offered very little as far as what our next steps are. There are much better doctors in the Des Moines area.

August 18th, 2009
Extremely Attentive
My son was diagnosed with Chron's at the age of 9. He was in remission for several years, and has now had a relapse at the age of 15. We are now seeing Dr. Sloven and have been very impressed. He takes the time to listen to questions and problems, and is very good at explaining things to both us and our son. We feel very confident in going further with the needed treatment. I would highly recommend him to anyone.

March 2nd, 2009
Would not recommend
My son was seen by Dr. Sloven. I did not feel like he took the time to deal with our concerns. On one occasion he was not able to take out the G-tube my son had and eventually needed to get another Dr. to do it (but not soon enough in my estimation). Also, he told us after seeing us for about a year that there was nothing more he could do for us and would not see us again. He gave us no where to go from there, no further suggestions. We were left to ourselves to figure things out after that.

December 12th, 2008
I was diagnosed with Crohn's disease in 2002 and Dr. Sloven put me on Remicade. Afer a year I started to have reactions to the infusions. He wanted to keep doing the infusions. After that I quit going to him and quit the infusions. I later got a second opinion and that doctor told me that I could have died if I kept doing the infusions.

September 15th, 2008
Excellent Doctor
Dr. Sloven in a very kind and professional individual. He took great care of me at every visit.