Physiatrist, Pain Medicine

Patient! show details Patient!
by Bobbi LeAnn Hodges on Feb 4th, 2015

Outstanding Fellowship inside the EVERYTHING imaginable! God bless you!

Patient show details Patient
by Jessica on Apr 25th, 2014

Dr. Sunwoo is very caring a professional. The office staff and doctor assistants are also welcoming and warm. I feel so much better after seeing Dr. Sunwoo. My appointments feel more like visiting an old friend than seeing a doctor.

Finally, relief from my pain! show details Finally, relief from my pain!
by Karen on Mar 26th, 2013

After suffering intense pain for the last year and not getting relief from several other doctors, Dr. Sunwoo took the time to understand my situation and the treatment he provided have virtually eliminated my pain. I recommend Dr. Sunwoo without reservation.

The Best in DFW! show details The Best in DFW!
by Melissa on Mar 26th, 2013

Dr. Sunwoo is an excellent pain doc who is very compassionate about his patients and knows what's best for them! The staff of Minimally Invasive Spinecare is accurate & efficient when handling their patients! I highly recommend Dr. Sunwoo for pain relief! Fantastic Doctor!

Amazing Doctor show details Amazing Doctor
by Chrissy on Mar 26th, 2013

Dr. Sumwoo was such an amazing doctor and super easy for me to talk to. I had horrible back pain and he helped me understand what kind of treatment I needed. With his help I finally feel great I would reccomend him to anyone that needs a pain doctor !

Great Experience! show details Great Experience!
by Marianne on Mar 26th, 2013

I found the scheduling to be very easy and they wanted to make my appointment as soon as possible, The office staff was very helpful. Once I completed my paper work, I was taken back and saw Dr. Sunwoo within about 10 min. He was very caring and listened about my pain. I am scheduled for an Injection.

Absolutely Horrible!!! show details Absolutely Horrible!!!
Aug 9th, 2012

STAY AWAY!!!! If I had not been in so much pain and desperate for relief, I would have told his front reception staff off!! They were the most impolite and down right rude office staff that I have EVER dealt with. Then, Dr. Sunwoo acted like I was bothering him to give me a diagnosis. He gave me an epidural shot that did not help. Then on my follow up appointment, I drove all the way across the city to their Irving office to find out that he cancelled my appointment. They didn't call me to tell me. In fact, the called the day before to confirm my appointment. I don't know how they stay open!

Caring Doctor show details Caring Doctor
Sep 19th, 2011

I had selective nerve block injections without anesthesia for diagnostic purposes a year ago. The night before the staff called and told me not to eat after midnight prior to injection, and I had to tell them that I was NOT having anesthesia so that wasn't an issue. Then when I got there that morning, the staff tried to start an IV for anesthesia, and I had to tell them "NO" more than once. However, Dr. Sunwoo was caring and showed compassion and concern. I was happy with his care, and he worked with my schedule. It seemed he was extremely busy but I never felt like he was rushing me at all. I just wish the staff hadn't kept trying to give me anesthesia at the three injection appointments. That made me a bit wary but not enough to dislike or mistrust Dr. Sunwoo. He was great! Maybe communication has improved now.

Don't waste your time with this guy show details Don't waste your time with this guy
Jul 11th, 2009

I was referred to Dr. Sunwoo by my neurosurgeon for epidural steroid injections prior to surgery on my back. Because anethesia is frequently used for ESIs Dr. Sunwoo requires a 6 hour fast prior to the procedure and requires that his patients arrive an hour prior to their procedure. However, he was running two hours late for my procedure, meaning that I spent 3 hours in his waiting room, which reminds me very much of a free clinic in terms of decor. Also, there are not enough chairs - which seems odd for an office that treats people in chronic pain. When I was finally called back the nurses made it quite clear that it was the end of the day and they were ready to go home and would prefer not to sedate me since it would take a while to wake up. Because I have a high pain tolerance and was starving I agreed - which means the entire fast was pointless. Dr. Sunwoo assured me he would call me for a follow up the following Wednesday - after I called his office 3 times he finally called me back. After a 5 second conversation we scheduled my second procedure. A friend took the day off work to take me and we were really annoyed when we received a call THE MORNING OF THE PROCEDURE - 1 hour before we needed to leave that it would be rescheduled. I've made an appointment with my neurosurgeon asking to either refer me to someone else or just get on with the surgery. Don't waste your time with this guy - his patients are just ways for him to make money apparently.