Orthopaedic Surgeon, Surgical Specialist
Video profile

3.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
He Changed My Life - For the BETTER! show details He Changed My Life - For the BETTER!
by Bob Hollinger on Aug 14th, 2014

Having read through some of the silly comments I wanted to share my experience, as I had both knees replaced by Dr. Terpstra. He is young, strong, confident and he cares. After rehab I was doing things I had only imagined but without the pain. He took away all my pain and now I am practicing martial arts at a very high level, all thanks to him. Great doctor. Enough said.

Not a fan... show details Not a fan...
by Mary on Aug 14th, 2013

This review is about 6 months overdue, but I saw Dr. Terpstra for first time after being a patient of Dr. Diorio's since 1997. Dr. Diorio retired and the office forwarded me to Dr. Terpstra because I had a shoulder injury and he specialized in shoulders. Although before I saw him, I heard someone having a phone conversation outside my room. He was using foul words which seemed very unprofessional in this setting. I then heard the same voice say to someone "whos next I don't have all f-ing day!" Then I heard him say "somebody's in here?" My assumption is he didn't know I was in the room because the door was partially opened. At this point I heard whispering and giggling to someone else in the hallway. He then entered the room and seemed embarrassed. I now was able to put a face to the voice and was both surprised and disappointed that it was in fact Dr. Terpstra. No matter what he did or said to me I couldn't erase the unprofessionalism I heard. I continued through the exam and left the office with his opinion that surgery was the only thing he could do for my rotator cuff. I went home and researched how much of a setback shoulder surgery is and wanted a second opinion. I explained everything to my family doctor. He suggested I go to another orthopedic group, which I did. This second doctor didn't agree with Dr. Terpstra's opinion of surgery. He set me up for physical therapy and was gave me an injection in my shoulder. After 1 month of PT, I was almost pain free and by 3 months, felt good as new. Now 5 months later, I am currently back to all activities and on a weekly workout regimen. I don't know if Dr. Terpstra was just having a bad day or if that is the way he acts when he thinks patients aren't listening, but I will never go back to Coordinated Health. I didn't want to write a bad review but I just happened to read reviews on him and saw other patients had similar experiences.

Aug 16th, 2011

Very personal and explained everything that could possibly be the problem. I would recommend anyone seeing Dr. Terpstra.

Great Doc show details Great Doc
May 2nd, 2011

Dr. Terpstra was the perfect Doctor for me. I tore my ACL and he took the time to fully describe what was going on around my knee. I fully understood all otions before moving forward with treatment. I found him to be courteous and professional.