Family Physicians, Orthopaedic Surgeon, Surgical Specialist
Allentown
1503 N Cedar Crest Blvd
Allentown, PA 18104
610-861-8080
Locations and availability (13)

2.5

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Not a fan...  |  show details
by Mary on Aug 14th, 2013

This review is about 6 months overdue, but I saw Dr. Terpstra for first time after being a patient of Dr. Diorio's since 1997. Dr. Diorio retired and the office forwarded me to Dr. Terpstra because I had a shoulder injury and he specialized in shoulders. Although before I saw him, I heard someone having a phone conversation outside my room. He was using foul words which seemed very unprofessional in this setting. I then heard the same voice say to someone "whos next I don't have all f-ing day!" Then I heard him say "somebody's in here?" My assumption is he didn't know I was in the room because the door was partially opened. At this point I heard whispering and giggling to someone else in the hallway. He then entered the room and seemed embarrassed. I now was able to put a face to the voice and was both surprised and disappointed that it was in fact Dr. Terpstra. No matter what he did or said to me I couldn't erase the unprofessionalism I heard. I continued through the exam and left the office with his opinion that surgery was the only thing he could do for my rotator cuff. I went home and researched how much of a setback shoulder surgery is and wanted a second opinion. I explained everything to my family doctor. He suggested I go to another orthopedic group, which I did. This second doctor didn't agree with Dr. Terpstra's opinion of surgery. He set me up for physical therapy and was gave me an injection in my shoulder. After 1 month of PT, I was almost pain free and by 3 months, felt good as new. Now 5 months later, I am currently back to all activities and on a weekly workout regimen. I don't know if Dr. Terpstra was just having a bad day or if that is the way he acts when he thinks patients aren't listening, but I will never go back to Coordinated Health. I didn't want to write a bad review but I just happened to read reviews on him and saw other patients had similar experiences.

|  horrible doctor  |  show details
by A dissapointed patient of coord. health on May 22nd, 2013

This is a doctor who not only doesn't understand a patient's needs nor has any bedside manners. He was rude, totally misunderstood my reason for being there and basically said outright that there wasn't anything that he could do for me. Wow....what a winner! I definitely would "NOT" recommend this doctor. Go somewhere else and find a better doctor, which would probably be easy to do, because anyone is pretty much better than him!

|  show details
Aug 16th, 2011

Very personal and explained everything that could possibly be the problem. I would recommend anyone seeing Dr. Terpstra.

|  Great Doc  |  show details
May 2nd, 2011

Dr. Terpstra was the perfect Doctor for me. I tore my ACL and he took the time to fully describe what was going on around my knee. I fully understood all otions before moving forward with treatment. I found him to be courteous and professional.

|  Just bad  |  show details
Jan 30th, 2011

Told my 56 year old 5'4" 117 lb mother she needed a knee replacement based on one xray after she twisted her knee. We went to another doctor who did a orthoscopic surgery and fixed it. I think he was looking for a bigger payday. He was unprofessional also hearing him cursing outside the exam room on his cell phone.