Dr. Daniel Townsend MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

June 13th, 2017
Lowry eyelid surgery disaster
He operated on my lower lids and I still Have bags!!! I'd like to get revision but am afraid of having additional complications . I would not have him operate on my eyes again. I have since met several others who have had poor post op results . Results from this physician .

April 27th, 2016
Great doctor!!!
Dr. Townsend is wonderful! Great staff!

December 21st, 2015
The best
I had been badly burned he is the only Doctor I trust

July 17th, 2013
Good Experience
Dr. Townsend performed my lower eye blethropasty a little over 6 months ago. Before the surgery I used the Internet to research before and after pictures, read of others' experience and checked reviews. I felt extremely comfortable with Dr. Townsend, his staff, my access to them and their responses to my concerns and questions. He and his staff are Professional, caring and compassionate. I had a minor complication which they addressed and did a great job of following up on. Six months later my progress is right where they said it would be and I couldn't be more pleased. BTW I am 47 and I believe it helps with any procedure to have reasonable expectations. I don't look 20, that was never my goal. I do look better and refreshed and no longer look tired and haggard. I'd recommend Dr. Townsend to anyone.

September 30th, 2012
I highly recommend Dr. Townsend!
My upper lids had gotten so droopy & the extra skin was really bothering me. I'd look in the mirror & think these aren't my eyes. The little lift I would get from doing Botox was just not enough anymore...it was time. My biggest concern with having surgery was the fear of looking done and we went over my concerns and what outcome I was looking for during the consultation. The surgery itself is only an hour & the eyelids heal so quickly I was really amazed. I can't even begin to tell you how happy I am with the results, it's exactly what I hoped for and more! Getting the natural look is definitely a skill that Dr. Townsend has perfected! Nobody would ever know that I had eyelid surgery, unless I told them. My tired eyes are gone and now I have a fresh completely natural beautiful look. I'm so thankful to Dr. Townsend for giving me my eyes back as now when I look in the mirror, I see ME again!

August 27th, 2012
LOWER EYES
I HAD FAT REMOVED FROM LOWER PART OF EYE, I NOW HAVE TO CRATERS I ALWAY LOOK TIRED AND WHEN I ASKED WHAT HE COULD DO TO CORRECT THIS HE TOLD ME HE COULD PULL THEM UP BUT I WOULD END UP WITH A SLANT TO MY EYESHE IS MORE INTERESTED IN SHOWING YOU PICTURE OF HIMSELF IN A RD BATHING SUIT. FROM 1-10 HEI IS A 0 PLEASE DO NOT GO TO HIM. I AM TRYNG TO FIND A DOCTOR TO CORRECT WHAT HE DID AND I AM HAVING LITTLE LUCK

April 30th, 2012
Excess eye lashes and eye lid lift
Dr Townsend has been treating me since last fall for excessive eye lashes that have been scratching my cornea. I found him to be very caring and very professional. I would recommend him to everyone. He is the best in his field. Yes he is a busy man but I always felt he would answer any of the questions that I have about my condition. I have had eye lid lifts on both eyes and my lids look great. No scaring and they look completely natural. All the heavy extra skin is gone. Thanks Dr. Townsend!

November 13th, 2011
Mediocre
I recently had an upper and lower eyelid lift done at Dr. Townsend's 73 Newbury Street, Boston location. I could have benefited from a lot more time with the doctor. If I had received the pre-op paperwork a well in advance, I could have prepared a lot of questions that we could have discussed so that I was better prepared for the weeks following the procedure. My anxiety was much higher than it needed to be because I was led to beleive that I would be fine in a week. It has been approximately 4 weeks since the surgery and I keep experiencing changes that I wasn't well prepared for.

August 10th, 2011
six months after upper and lower eyelid surgery, I am still miserable. Everyone's comment is: you look so tired.Not what I was hoping for for $4,000. Double vision, blurring, bruising, crusting, etc. Just awful

March 9th, 2011
Poor physican
Dr. Daniel Townsend performed 3 surgeries on me to remove one lower lid bag without removing it. He co-authored a book, "Atlas of Eyelid Surgery," in which he states that 3-6 months should pass before a revision, another attempt to resolve a bag under the eye, should be attempted. He performed 2 revisions on me in less than 3 months, violating his own book! After the first revision, he said to me, "Maybe I (Townsend) should have waited longer." After the second revision and bag was still evident, he said, "Gee." This doctor works out of his subterranean basement clinic. I would not recommend him.

November 24th, 2010
Exceptional
It's been ten months since my eyelid surgery and I could not be happier. I would highly recommend Dr Townsend to anyone who is considering eyelid surgery. I had complete confidence in his skill and I was not disappointed.

March 1st, 2010
Best in the business
I have been seeing Dr. Townsend for 3-4 years now and very happy with his practice.Always get an appointment and always satisfied.