Some ratings provided by DrScore.
The Best show details The Best
by Suzanne D. on Feb 21st, 2015

This was my first visit but my husband has been seeing him for sometime. I found him to be professional and personal who genuinely cares about his patients. His staff is one in a million with the same qualities. Dr. Troy conveys total trust and I would and have recommended him to others. It's rare to say you have found "The Best" but it applies here.

Not Recommended show details Not Recommended
by Thomas Heinrich on Feb 20th, 2015

I was treated like a drug seeker and not taken seriously.

Truth Hurts show details Truth Hurts
Jan 27th, 2015

Why are all negative reviews remove about this doctor? check cook county clerk of court for all lawsuits filed

Lower Spinal Stenosis show details Lower Spinal Stenosis
by Greg C on Dec 19th, 2014

I has a lot of pain running down my right leg. Dr. Troy did previous surgery, so I trusted him to do the"right thing" in diagnosis, procedure, (if needed), and follow-up. Dr. Troy started conservatively with physical theraphy, then ordered a MRI. The MRI revealed surgery was needed for the lower spine. I especially appreciated that he swas frank about the surgery, then offered to talk to my wife about what is needed the following Saturday. Hearing about surgery by myself knocked me over, but hearing it again with my wife helped make sense on what was needed. Surgery and pre and post follow-up were made easy due to the concern of not only Dr. Troy but also by his wonderful staff. I have told friends about Dr. Troy and would highly recommend him.

very disappointed after 3 yrs show details very disappointed after 3 yrs
Nov 22nd, 2014

Use to think he was the best. BUT, after going out on his own, found a change in him and staff. i.e., if you could ever get to see him. staff, not emphathic; PA nice; never get to see doctor though. I feel after 3 yrs. seeing him, I'm no more better. He brushed me under the carpet and have now sought a highly skilled ortho that is taking care of my condition. when I saw new ortho, his comment on my present condition and treatment was, 'unacceptable'. I feel that if you want to give him a shot; go for it; but get a 2nd or 3rd opinion after.

heel and hip fractures show details heel and hip fractures
by eric on May 8th, 2014

First I would say that he's a nice guy. his skill level is industry standard. but he needs to be more efficient with diagnosis. so the person can heal more quickly

by Frances A. Gleeson on Feb 2nd, 2014

I loved Dr.Troy. He was caring like no other doctor. I had successful back surgery and so did my brother. I would recommend him to anyone. I cannot believe some of the bad reviews because in my eyes he was the best. Dr. Troy treated me as if I was family. The very best.

PLEASE READ!!! show details PLEASE READ!!!
Dec 13th, 2013

PLEASE EVERYONE READ! I have been a patient of Dr Troys for many years. he has treated my whole family for many different injuries. I want everyone to take a look at his reviews. He left his old practice last year and has only been giving bad reviews since then. I am not saying it is slander but it just seems odd to me. I have sent many of my friends to him as well and I am shocked at the comments I see of him. I've never met a Doctor who spends as much time with me then him. I was given his cell phone number in case if I had anymore pain. Who does that? I'm sure most doctors don't want to be bothered but not Dr Troy. so I would recommend that you read all the comments prior to him leaving his last practice in December 2012. I hope this helps you make your decision easier!

The #1 Orthopaedic Surgeon in the World!!!! show details The #1 Orthopaedic Surgeon in the World!!!!
by Ceil Barclay on Aug 30th, 2013

Dr. Troy has been my Surgeon for over 7 years. He tried every avenue before surgery. I have had two total knee replacements, one with each knee, with Dr. Troy and I am doing FANTASTIC!!!! My total knee replacement surgery incisions were only 4-5 inches in length. The best decision I ever made, or should I say, Dr. Troy ever made. Dr. Troy is the MOST caring, trusting, empathetic, compassionate, warm, friendly, excellent in his care for his patients, EXTREMELY knowledgeable in his work, will work until a resolve is made, dedicated to his field, DRIVEN, funny, an excellent listener, is there for his patients 180% plus, sympathetic, genuine, precise, extremely accommodating to his patients. Dr. Troy worked with my insurance company to find the best result. The absolute most Compassionate Dr. you want caring for you! And I have to add, he's very good looking.

Carpal Tunnel Surgery show details Carpal Tunnel Surgery
Jun 26th, 2013

Dr. Troy is a Great Dr. He in Attentive to all your needs and concerns. I will be seeing him again for other Orthopedic problems . I would recommend him to My Family and Friends!!! Truly A Great Doctor :)

Disappointing show details Disappointing
by Maggie M. on Mar 4th, 2013

He was quick to judge and didn't bother to look beyond his preconceived notions. His diagnosis was inaccurate and subjected me to a very painful, unnecessary EMG. Do yourself a favor and find a different ortho!

Operatiing Engineer II show details Operatiing Engineer II
by Christopher Terzich on Feb 16th, 2013

I would recommend this doctor to any and all of my friends and family. He treats you as a person and not like just another patient to make money on with expensive surgeries. My opinion is that surgery is his last recomendation, unless it is truly necessary. After the way he treated me, I would have no problem having him see my most precious and dear things in my ilfe, my wife and two chrildren. He is kind, compassionate and professional before, during, and after the surgeries.

DOESN'T CARE ABOUT ANYONE BUT HIMSELF. show details DOESN'T CARE ABOUT ANYONE BUT HIMSELF.
Feb 11th, 2013

DR. TROY APPEARS TO CARE ONLY ABOUT HIMSEL AND HE IS NOT RESPONSIVE TO ANYONE ELSES PROBLEMS. HE SEEMS SELF-CENTERED AND HAS A COCKY ATTITUDE. I WOULD NOT TRUST HIM.

A very trusting and compassionate Doctor.... show details A very trusting and compassionate Doctor....
Nov 29th, 2012

I have been seeing Dr Troy for several years now and I could not of made a better choice. Dr Troy listens to you without rushing and will take time to get to know you and the problem you went to see him for. I first meet him when I brought my daughter to see him for her knee which she injured while playing soccer, she went to a different Dr at first who seemed to be very nice but as time went on he became rude and nasty, he did surgery on my daughters acl and months after surgery she kept complaining that she was still in pain, well he would not listen to her, so just went to physical therapy and it wasn't getting any better so they recommend her to see Dr Troy. He examined her and was a little upset because the other dr opened her knee to much giving her a huge scar. She told Dr Troy what happened with the other Dr. So Dr Troy Did his own test and sent her back to therapy to be evaluated, they told Dr Troy that her knee kept locking and was in severe pain, so Dr Troy had no choice but to look inside her knee, after surgery he came out to talk to me and told me the other Dr did a very old procedure on a young girl and so her first acl surgery failed, after she recovered from surgery and physical therapy she was pain free to this day more then 2yrs ago she still is pain free.. And very happy unfortunately I can't give you his name but the (PRICE) that other dr Made my daughter go through was a chance to play for the USA soccer team, Dr Troy Fixed her knee but if the first Dr would of done his job she might of had a chance, so this is why I went to dr Troy because this other Dr. Did an MRI on my neck and told me that there was nothing wrong with it. So because I was having pain, weakness in arms, and other problems I went to Dr Troy and showed him my MRI report and he was very worried because the MRI report was about 5pages long, and he told me I had a very serious problem do he wanted to take his own test only to discover that my problem was more serious then he thought, I had 3 levels in my neck that were badly herniated and I would need surgery or if I waited to long I could have permanent damage, so he fixed the problem 3 yrs later I'm doing great, Dr Troy is the best in his field so this Man will do any or everything in his power to help you. He is also very compassionate, my brother passed away a year ago and I had a appointment with Dr Troy he saw that I was physically a mess, I told him what happened and he stayed and talked to me for awhile and told me anytime I needed to talk that I could call him if this doesn't tell you that this man is great I don't know what will, love you Dr Troy..... :)

best doctor!!! :) show details best doctor!!! :)
Nov 29th, 2012

He is such an amazing doctor! I dont know why you people are saying hes a bad doctor hes not !!! apparently you cant see a good doctor if it bit you in the butt. He cares alot about his patients. I would rather wait a while too see a great doctor that will talk too you and wont rush you, than a doctor who doesnt explain things and rushes you. Dr. Troy will never rush you and he explains everything and helps you in anyway he can...But i do agree some of his staff is stupid, but hes leaving that practice anyway.

Sep 3rd, 2012

Caring, compassionate and thorough. I wish he could handle all of my health issues, not just the orthopedic ones.

Amazing!!! :) show details Amazing!!! :)
Jun 18th, 2012

Dr. Troy is the best doctor! he has done 2 knee surgeries on me and he just did a L4/5 Fusion on me I was nervous but he made me feel comfortable. I trust him, and I would recomend him to anyone. His bedside manner is great, he treats you like he is your family. He takes his time with you in the office, he is in no rush.

Mar 12th, 2012

Very kind and caring. Great outcome from myback surgery. I would recommend him highly.The office help is very professional. Yes,did I wait but well worth it because he spent all the time I needed with me answering all my questions and making me feel good. The people who can't wait for him are missing out.

Compassionate show details Compassionate
Jan 2nd, 2012

I have been a patient of Dr. Troy's for several years. He is very caring and compassionate. Even though I have had to wait for him in the office, I know it is because he will take the time to listen attentively to me. I never feel rushed or that he is in a hurry. Dr. Troy has a great bedside manner and is certainly a caring physician.

Trusting Doctor show details Trusting Doctor
Sep 14th, 2011

Very caring and explains symptoms so that you understand and laughs and makes you feel like your someone.

The best Doctor in the world show details The best Doctor in the world
Jun 28th, 2011

dr. Troy helped my daughter with a acl injury that another dr messed up on. after the surgery and her therapy she is finally pain free. after the other dr did her acl sugery she was in severe pain until we saw dr. troy. he is a great dr. he also did my neck surgery and did a great job there also. dr teoy is one of the only drs I know that will take his time with you and explain everthing so you can understand it. so who ever said he isn't there after surgery they are very wrong he was there for me and my daughter until we felt better and I am still under his care for my spine. He is the only dr i trust to do my sugery and the best dr I have know in years besides my family dr I have been with him for about 15yrs. dr troy you are the greatest I don't care what anyone says.

FANTASTIC DOCTOR! show details FANTASTIC DOCTOR!
Jun 21st, 2011

Dr Troy is a life saver! He has done all he can to fix my knee. The wait time at the office is sometimes long but knowing that he will spend as much time with me as needed makes up for it. His staff is amazing as well. Would recommend Dr. Troy to anyone!

amazing! show details amazing!
Mar 2nd, 2011

Dr. Troy is a great doctor! he did ACL reconstruction on my knee last year, and he did very good! I would recomend him to anyone. He is a very nice and caring doctor.

Great Surgeon show details Great Surgeon
Feb 16th, 2011

Miracle Ortho. Surgeon.Would recommend him to anyone

Not Sports Medicine show details Not Sports Medicine
Jan 29th, 2011

Spine Surgeon and General Orthopaedics

Highly recommended show details Highly recommended
by Jim Arthur on Oct 29th, 2010

Was able to see problem (small breakage in hand) within seconds of looking at the x-rays and hand and took immediate action to correct it. This was after being missed twice by specialists in the emergency room who didn't see it, even though the hand was greatly swollen after the accident. Highly recommended! Very concerned and patient focused. Explains everything very well. Takes as much time as you need. Positive manner and good hearted. Highly skilled surgeon.

Fantastic Caring Doctor! show details Fantastic Caring Doctor!
Oct 2nd, 2010

I absolutely love Dr. Troy. I am so happy i found him. He has helped me with my injury so much. He does spend alot of time with his patients and there is a wait, but you know he will be spending just as much time with you and answering all of your questions. The nurses and PA's are fantastic as well. Everyone is very caring and helpful. I would recommend Dr. Troy to anyone!

Excellent Spine Surgeon show details Excellent Spine Surgeon
Jul 28th, 2009

Doctor Troy is the best Spine Surgeon. He operated on my elderly mom and has treated myself and my two brothers for severe back pain. He has made it possible for me and my family to enjoy family activities. Thanks again doctor Troy. AAAAA