Orthopaedic Surgeon
Advanced Orthopedic & Spine Care
6701 W. 95th Street
Oak Lawn, IL 60453
708-599-5000
Locations and availability (4)

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Illinois Appellate court  |  show details
Jul 20th, 2014

find case 122144 Illinois Appellate court about malpractice 6/2013

May 27th, 2014

When I saw this physician relate to a senior citizen. He did not appear to be able to be flexible with his responses. He seemed to be unable to understand the senior's concerns.

|  heel and hip fractures  |  show details
by eric on May 8th, 2014

First I would say that he's a nice guy. his skill level is industry standard. but he needs to be more efficient with diagnosis. so the person can heal more quickly

by Frances A. Gleeson on Feb 2nd, 2014

I loved Dr.Troy. He was caring like no other doctor. I had successful back surgery and so did my brother. I would recommend him to anyone. I cannot believe some of the bad reviews because in my eyes he was the best. Dr. Troy treated me as if I was family. The very best.

|  PLEASE READ! EVERYONE IS ENTITLED TO THEIR OPINION.  |  show details
by Annonymous on Dec 17th, 2013

If you want to check lawsuits or settlements on this employee, there websites you can look at. 1.State of Illinois Department of Professional Regulation 2.Cook County Clerk of the Circuit Court 3.even the AMA Everyone has a different medical diagnosis and different experience with each physician. They are entitled to their opinion. No one should be trying to prevent a person from expressing their personal opinion. No one should try to convince someone that their opinion is wrong. An opinion is just that, "an opinion". My personal observations of this physician has made me feel that he is unprofessional in his behavior with people, thus my opinion and rating. Hopefully these ratings will be a learning experience for the physician in areas of needed improvement.

|  PLEASE READ!!!  |  show details
Dec 13th, 2013

PLEASE EVERYONE READ! I have been a patient of Dr Troys for many years. he has treated my whole family for many different injuries. I want everyone to take a look at his reviews. He left his old practice last year and has only been giving bad reviews since then. I am not saying it is slander but it just seems odd to me. I have sent many of my friends to him as well and I am shocked at the comments I see of him. I've never met a Doctor who spends as much time with me then him. I was given his cell phone number in case if I had anymore pain. Who does that? I'm sure most doctors don't want to be bothered but not Dr Troy. so I would recommend that you read all the comments prior to him leaving his last practice in December 2012. I hope this helps you make your decision easier!

|  Nice at first, then it's all about $  |  show details
by J on Oct 15th, 2013

I had a work accident which required a lumbar surgery. A week later another surgery was needed to correct a clot. For an entire month he ignored my pain and symptoms until an ER doc discovered am additional problem which required another lumbar surgery. After being treated for an infection a fusion was performed. His demeanor is rude and arrogant and he doesn't address pain. He'd rather call you an addict. All he cares about is the money. Rude and arrogant. Make sure you explore all options before picking Dr Troy. His nurses are sooo ignorant and rude as well.

|  See some else  |  show details
by Joe on Sep 26th, 2013

Doctor has had 10 malpractice suits in the last 14 years and $2,000,000 malpractice settlement

|  The #1 Orthopaedic Surgeon in the World!!!!  |  show details
by Ceil Barclay on Aug 30th, 2013

Dr. Troy has been my Surgeon for over 7 years. He tried every avenue before surgery. I have had two total knee replacements, one with each knee, with Dr. Troy and I am doing FANTASTIC!!!! My total knee replacement surgery incisions were only 4-5 inches in length. The best decision I ever made, or should I say, Dr. Troy ever made. Dr. Troy is the MOST caring, trusting, empathetic, compassionate, warm, friendly, excellent in his care for his patients, EXTREMELY knowledgeable in his work, will work until a resolve is made, dedicated to his field, DRIVEN, funny, an excellent listener, is there for his patients 180% plus, sympathetic, genuine, precise, extremely accommodating to his patients. Dr. Troy worked with my insurance company to find the best result. The absolute most Compassionate Dr. you want caring for you! And I have to add, he's very good looking.

|  Carpal Tunnel Surgery  |  show details
Jun 26th, 2013

Dr. Troy is a Great Dr. He in Attentive to all your needs and concerns. I will be seeing him again for other Orthopedic problems . I would recommend him to My Family and Friends!!! Truly A Great Doctor :)

|  Sanitation Laborer  |  show details
by Gary Daniel on Jun 25th, 2013

He is a crook he does IME's for your work comp and then lie's about what was said on his final report don't trust him for a IME

|  back surgery  |  show details
by In Pain on Jun 24th, 2013

The Dr. diagnosed me with spinal stenosis and that if epidural treatment didn't work than back surgery is needed. I had back surgery after 4 failed epidural attempts. I returned to the doctor for my follow up and explained to him that I was still in a lot of pain he had another mri done and still couldn't find anything wrong with me. He believed in his work so much that my long term disability insurance cut me off I have no income and all because dr. troy said to them that I was able to return to work. 2 1/2 yrs later I still cant work and borrowing $ cuz he can't bare to say he is wrong.

|  Disappointing  |  show details
by Maggie M. on Mar 4th, 2013

He was quick to judge and didn't bother to look beyond his preconceived notions. His diagnosis was inaccurate and subjected me to a very painful, unnecessary EMG. Do yourself a favor and find a different ortho!

|  Operatiing Engineer II  |  show details
by Christopher Terzich on Feb 16th, 2013

I would recommend this doctor to any and all of my friends and family. He treats you as a person and not like just another patient to make money on with expensive surgeries. My opinion is that surgery is his last recomendation, unless it is truly necessary. After the way he treated me, I would have no problem having him see my most precious and dear things in my ilfe, my wife and two chrildren. He is kind, compassionate and professional before, during, and after the surgeries.

|  DOESN'T CARE ABOUT ANYONE BUT HIMSELF.  |  show details
Feb 11th, 2013

DR. TROY APPEARS TO CARE ONLY ABOUT HIMSEL AND HE IS NOT RESPONSIVE TO ANYONE ELSES PROBLEMS. HE SEEMS SELF-CENTERED AND HAS A COCKY ATTITUDE. I WOULD NOT TRUST HIM.

|  A very trusting and compassionate Doctor....  |  show details
Nov 29th, 2012

I have been seeing Dr Troy for several years now and I could not of made a better choice. Dr Troy listens to you without rushing and will take time to get to know you and the problem you went to see him for. I first meet him when I brought my daughter to see him for her knee which she injured while playing soccer, she went to a different Dr at first who seemed to be very nice but as time went on he became rude and nasty, he did surgery on my daughters acl and months after surgery she kept complaining that she was still in pain, well he would not listen to her, so just went to physical therapy and it wasn't getting any better so they recommend her to see Dr Troy. He examined her and was a little upset because the other dr opened her knee to much giving her a huge scar. She told Dr Troy what happened with the other Dr. So Dr Troy Did his own test and sent her back to therapy to be evaluated, they told Dr Troy that her knee kept locking and was in severe pain, so Dr Troy had no choice but to look inside her knee, after surgery he came out to talk to me and told me the other Dr did a very old procedure on a young girl and so her first acl surgery failed, after she recovered from surgery and physical therapy she was pain free to this day more then 2yrs ago she still is pain free.. And very happy unfortunately I can't give you his name but the (PRICE) that other dr Made my daughter go through was a chance to play for the USA soccer team, Dr Troy Fixed her knee but if the first Dr would of done his job she might of had a chance, so this is why I went to dr Troy because this other Dr. Did an MRI on my neck and told me that there was nothing wrong with it. So because I was having pain, weakness in arms, and other problems I went to Dr Troy and showed him my MRI report and he was very worried because the MRI report was about 5pages long, and he told me I had a very serious problem do he wanted to take his own test only to discover that my problem was more serious then he thought, I had 3 levels in my neck that were badly herniated and I would need surgery or if I waited to long I could have permanent damage, so he fixed the problem 3 yrs later I'm doing great, Dr Troy is the best in his field so this Man will do any or everything in his power to help you. He is also very compassionate, my brother passed away a year ago and I had a appointment with Dr Troy he saw that I was physically a mess, I told him what happened and he stayed and talked to me for awhile and told me anytime I needed to talk that I could call him if this doesn't tell you that this man is great I don't know what will, love you Dr Troy..... :)

|  best doctor!!! :)  |  show details
Nov 29th, 2012

He is such an amazing doctor! I dont know why you people are saying hes a bad doctor hes not !!! apparently you cant see a good doctor if it bit you in the butt. He cares alot about his patients. I would rather wait a while too see a great doctor that will talk too you and wont rush you, than a doctor who doesnt explain things and rushes you. Dr. Troy will never rush you and he explains everything and helps you in anyway he can...But i do agree some of his staff is stupid, but hes leaving that practice anyway.

Sep 3rd, 2012

Caring, compassionate and thorough. I wish he could handle all of my health issues, not just the orthopedic ones.

|  Amazing!!! :)  |  show details
Jun 18th, 2012

Dr. Troy is the best doctor! he has done 2 knee surgeries on me and he just did a L4/5 Fusion on me I was nervous but he made me feel comfortable. I trust him, and I would recomend him to anyone. His bedside manner is great, he treats you like he is your family. He takes his time with you in the office, he is in no rush.

Mar 12th, 2012

Very kind and caring. Great outcome from myback surgery. I would recommend him highly.The office help is very professional. Yes,did I wait but well worth it because he spent all the time I needed with me answering all my questions and making me feel good. The people who can't wait for him are missing out.

|  Compassionate  |  show details
Jan 2nd, 2012

I have been a patient of Dr. Troy's for several years. He is very caring and compassionate. Even though I have had to wait for him in the office, I know it is because he will take the time to listen attentively to me. I never feel rushed or that he is in a hurry. Dr. Troy has a great bedside manner and is certainly a caring physician.

|  Trusting Doctor  |  show details
Sep 14th, 2011

Very caring and explains symptoms so that you understand and laughs and makes you feel like your someone.

|  The best Doctor in the world  |  show details
Jun 28th, 2011

dr. Troy helped my daughter with a acl injury that another dr messed up on. after the surgery and her therapy she is finally pain free. after the other dr did her acl sugery she was in severe pain until we saw dr. troy. he is a great dr. he also did my neck surgery and did a great job there also. dr teoy is one of the only drs I know that will take his time with you and explain everthing so you can understand it. so who ever said he isn't there after surgery they are very wrong he was there for me and my daughter until we felt better and I am still under his care for my spine. He is the only dr i trust to do my sugery and the best dr I have know in years besides my family dr I have been with him for about 15yrs. dr troy you are the greatest I don't care what anyone says.

|  FANTASTIC DOCTOR!  |  show details
Jun 21st, 2011

Dr Troy is a life saver! He has done all he can to fix my knee. The wait time at the office is sometimes long but knowing that he will spend as much time with me as needed makes up for it. His staff is amazing as well. Would recommend Dr. Troy to anyone!

|  amazing!  |  show details
Mar 2nd, 2011

Dr. Troy is a great doctor! he did ACL reconstruction on my knee last year, and he did very good! I would recomend him to anyone. He is a very nice and caring doctor.

|  Great Surgeon  |  show details
Feb 16th, 2011

Miracle Ortho. Surgeon.Would recommend him to anyone

|  Not Sports Medicine  |  show details
Jan 29th, 2011

Spine Surgeon and General Orthopaedics

|  Highly recommended  |  show details
by Jim Arthur on Oct 29th, 2010

Was able to see problem (small breakage in hand) within seconds of looking at the x-rays and hand and took immediate action to correct it. This was after being missed twice by specialists in the emergency room who didn't see it, even though the hand was greatly swollen after the accident. Highly recommended! Very concerned and patient focused. Explains everything very well. Takes as much time as you need. Positive manner and good hearted. Highly skilled surgeon.

|  Fantastic Caring Doctor!  |  show details
Oct 2nd, 2010

I absolutely love Dr. Troy. I am so happy i found him. He has helped me with my injury so much. He does spend alot of time with his patients and there is a wait, but you know he will be spending just as much time with you and answering all of your questions. The nurses and PA's are fantastic as well. Everyone is very caring and helpful. I would recommend Dr. Troy to anyone!

|  Excellent Spine Surgeon  |  show details
Jul 28th, 2009

Doctor Troy is the best Spine Surgeon. He operated on my elderly mom and has treated myself and my two brothers for severe back pain. He has made it possible for me and my family to enjoy family activities. Thanks again doctor Troy. AAAAA