inactive

• General Surgery Reston, VA

3.2

March 5th, 2013
Terrible doctor
I was told by a number of doctors that I had a benign tumor on the left side of my neck. It grew to the point where I couldn't raise my left arm without being in pain. Dr. Turgeon told me I didn't have a tumor and if I did it would not have anything to do with lifting my arm. He was very rude and dismissive. I'm a nurse so I know that doctors do not know everything. I walked out of his office in the middle of the appointment because I have never been treated so rudely by a doctor. I went to another surgeon who removed the tumor, which I did have by the way. I can now raise my arm without pain so Dr. Turgeon was wrong on all accounts. Do not go to this man, he will not listen to you or treat you with the respect you deserve.

October 18th, 2011
Hernia Operation
Dr. Turgeon did a great job with my leftside Hernia procedure. He explained everything clearly before the surgery and did a follow up after surgery. It has been 13 days and you can hardly see where he cut me. Highly recommend.

June 2nd, 2011
Bad experience
Stay away! I was taken to ER at Reston Hospital by ambulance and he was surgeon on call,he did not listen to my concerns, delayed my surgery, I had 2 more surgeries as a result of his mistake.Everyone keeps saying me "Good that you are still alive,you could have die" Even after that he was rude to me when I called him after surgery with question about complications I had ( and unfortunately he answered as a doctor on call) his reply was " HAHAHA, do you remember you have a regular medical doctor?? You need to contact them, and not ME"

February 10th, 2011
Stay away from Turgeon Surgeon at all cost
I would highly recommend *NOT* using this doctor. My wife needed her gallbladder removed, Check the Washingtonian top 100 doctors and most of the doctors were booked 1-2 weeks out. Except Surgeon Turgeon. He was polite and from what I researched one of the first doctors in the area to perform lathroscopic surgery. I am not capable of rating his ability to perform the surgery since I do not have the knowledge nor the ability. But after the surgery surgeon turgeon was extremely rude. He spoke down to my wife when she was in extreme pain and had zero bed side manner when touching the incisions. She was crying while he was touching her stomach and did not stop or ease up. It is obvious that when you have surgery you will go through pain, but it would not hurt him to be courteous. He would refuse to help and provide guidance to effectively reduce the pain. I am sure you can find another doctor that can perform this surgery without the physical and verbal pain he has to offer. Since the surgery I have found out a co-worker went through the same pain and suffering as well as being denied by surgeon turgeon medication to relief pain. STAY AWAY AT ALL COST. We wish we had. I could not express any more how much I would advice everyone to stay away. There are plenty of other doctors out there, why would you want to take the chance with this one.

August 29th, 2010
Beware of Dr. Turgeon
Dr. Turgeon performed a surgery to correct a friend son's bad acid reflux in 2000. He was 22 and in perfect health and was dead within 24 hours of surgery. Please please please do not use this man.
Doctor's Response

This is a libelous statement. The young man died from a congenital heart defect. Please remove this posting.

April 15th, 2010
Surgery
He and Dr. Trad executed a very complicated surgery with absolute precision. They are an amazing team.