Dr. Daniel Whitworth Is this you?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

July 20th, 2011

The Best Ever!

Both my husband and I were referred to Dr. Whitworth by a renowned and respected Cardiologist at Presbyterian Hospital of Dallas. We were immediately impressed w/ Dr. W's genuine concern about our health. Dr. Whitworth left no stones unturned --- it felt as if we'd known him forever. His nurse and office staff were friendly and competent. We count our blessings to be in his fold! I would recommend him to anyone wanting the BEST!

July 11th, 2011

Great doctor horrible ofice staff!

I love DR. Whitworth, but his office staff is so bad I couldn't deal with it anymore. It took me over two weeks on more than one occasion to get a refill on my prescription, this is after numerous calls by myself & my pharmacy. His nurse never returns calls and when you finally get her on the phone she is rude, not to mention the last time I was there he was doublebooked all afternoon & I waited over 1 1/2 hours to be seen. I love him, but his office staff sucks and I will most likely be looking for a new doctor.

December 17th, 2010

Great doctor and great office. I am telling all of my friends

September 27th, 2010

He was extremely professional and helpful. ihate going to doctor but he made me feel at ease.

September 26th, 2010

he was the best expereince i have ever had with a doctor and he saved my life. I get it - sometime people will hvae to wait as he is taking care of the sickest of the sick patients but I owe my life to his skill and professionalism. His stff was very kind to me

August 9th, 2010

unproffessional

Waited one hour in waiting room before meeting with doctor. I had 2 health concerns causing me to make the appointment, he only addressed one of them. He told me he would like to start me on an antibiotic, when I was in my car on the way home I realized he had never given me the actual prescription. After being referred for a CT scan I was called and told that my CT results were abnormal and I would have to wait over a week before I could get an appointment and be given the results. Having to wait over a week while fearing you have cancer is uncalled for on the part of a physician. Each time I tried to call and get any sort of indication of my results I was told to calm down by the secretary and wait until my appointment. unprofessional overall.

Doctor's Response

I AM VERY SAD TO SEE AN UNFAVORABLE COMMENT ABOUT ANY EXPERIENCE A PATIENT HAD WITH ME. WHILE I STRIVE VERY HARD TO BE ON TIME, I UNFORTUNATELY HAVE VERY SICK PATIENTS AND SOMETIMES I GET A VERY COMPLICATED PATIENT THAT REQUIRES MY ATTENTION AND I WILL ALWAYS CHOOSE GREAT PATIENT CARE OVER A TIME LINE. REGARDING PRESCRIPTIONS, THEY ARE SENT ELECTRONICALLY TO THE PHARMACY AND USUALLY A WRITTEN PRESCRIPTION IS NOT NEEDED. I AM NOT AWARE OF THIS PATIENTS SPECIFICS BUT I AM ALWAYS OPEN TO IMPROVE ANY PROCESSES OR RETRAIN ANY EMPLOYEES THAT DO NOT MEET MY PATIENTS EXPECTATIONS. REGARDING THE CT SCAN, AGAIN I DO NOT KNOW THE SPECIFICS OF THIS PATIENT AS I WAS NEVER MADE AWARE OF ANY ISSUE BY THE PATIENT OR MY STAFF. I AGREE THAT WAITING FOR A RESULT THAT IS CAUSING ANXIETY IS NOT ACCEPTABLE. I WOULD NEVER DISCUSS ABNORMAL FINDINGS OVER THE PHONE AS I FEEL THAT FULLY EXPLAINING ALL QUESTIONS AND READING THE PATIENTS REPSONSE IS BETTER MEDICINE AND MORE PROFESSIONAL. WHAT SHOULD HAVE HAPPENED IS THIS PATIENT SHOULD HAVE BEEN OFFERED AN APPOINTMENT EARLIER AND IF I WAS OUT OF THE OFFICE THEN MY PARTNER COULD HAVE ADDRESSED THEIR CONCERNS. OVERALL, I REALLY APPRECIATE THIS PATIENTS CRITICISMS AS I AM ALWAYS TRYING TO IMPROVE THE EXPERIENCE EACH AND EVERY PATIENT HAS WITH ME AND MY STAFF. I HAVE SHOWN THIS COMMENT TO MY STAFF AND USED IT AS A TRAINING TOOL TO ENSURE NO PATIENTS WILL EVER HAVE THIS PROBLEM AGAIN. THANK YOU. BRENT WHITWORTH, MD

SHOW