Dr. Daniel Wilen MD Patient Reviews

• Orthopedic Surgery Brooklyn, NY

February 5th, 2015
He is excellent with kids

November 8th, 2012
Difficult to talk to
Staff makes mistakes time to time on paper work or don't ask certain questions which is something you should look out for. Difficult to speak to since they'll walk away or not focus their attention on you as you do your best to explain pain or a problem. Care more about the "case" rather than the actual patient

October 28th, 2012
Verygood40s
Dr. Wilen is a good doctor, very knowledgeable, sensitive to your needs and he listens. I had a uneventful Meniscus Repair but he was not quick to progress for Total Knee Replacement so I had to move on. He is now the second opinion for my bilateral Rotator Cuff tears caused by a job related accident that DOL/OWCP is dragging their feet with....

September 26th, 2012
Good Doctor Nice Staff
I was very satisfied with both the doctor and his staff. Dr. Wilen is quick and to the point but he knows what he's doing. He's a no nonsense kind of guy. His staff is down to earth and very helpful. They work with you. Other offices are much harder to deal with.I already recommended him to 2 of my friends.

July 14th, 2012
What a Nice Office
My mother fell and I was frantic to find a orthopedist quickly. I lucked out and found Dr. Wilen office. They gave me an appointment immediately, were kind and caring. Took care of my mother and I am so grateful. I would recommend Dr. Wilen to anyone.

June 24th, 2012
great doctor

June 7th, 2012
HAPPY I FOUND HIM
I've been suffering with shoulder pain for the past five months.I went to 3 other doctors but they didn't help. Dr. Wilen was the only one who realized that the pain in my shoulder was coming from my neck. After two visits I feel like myself again. Thanks Doc

May 7th, 2012
Good doctor, was able too help me with my back problem

May 1st, 2012
Where'd he go?
I had surgery on my shoulder not too long ago. It was misdiagnosed, but I didn't find that out until 2 weeks after the surgery when I saw the post-op report. I wanted to go over it with Dr. Wilen, as he was the one who performed the surgery, but I have yet to see him. Instead I get the run around by his office staff and shuttled off to his assistants and medical students from Wagner. If I wasn't already locked in with this guy, I'd be going elsewhere.

April 2nd, 2012
Dr Wilen is great
Very easy to make apt. His "Bedside manner is a little stoek.. (over professional) ... Business. But its easy to get under his persona... I was in a lot of pain and he was very caring (Just the right touch).. Not quick to give meds.. but to find the problem and very good with reassurance. I"m happy.

August 15th, 2011
awesome
I have been to this doctor multiple times for different reasons and have recommended him to family, his use of the cold therapy machine is inovative and it helps with pain management. the fact that he he chooses to go back in every 4 yrs or so to cleanup loose cartilage instead of waiting till you have another injury or increased pain because of it, says it all he cares for his patients. when i changed my insurance and could no longer see him had me ripping out my hair. im working on getting him accepted by my insurance, believe me he is worth it. I'll recommend him to everyone.

February 25th, 2010
This guy was terrific! Quick and to the point, but he knew exactly what he was talking about. I had gone to 2 other doctors but decided he was the guy I wanted to do surgery with!