Dr. Lawrence Wurtz Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Lawrence Wurtz?

July 12th, 2017

OUTSTANDING!! ONE OF A KIND DOC!

I was Extremely nervous about my Ortho/Oncology visit. However, once meeting Dr. Wurtz he put me totally at ease. With his EXCELLENT bedside manner he was able to explain my diagnosis in laymen's terms which was a major plus! Also, both Dr. Wurtz and his staff were very accommodating they were even able to provide my surgery date if I would have liked the same day. After, all was said and done I was extremely pleased. Referring my Mother, sister in-law (both which underwent surgery and were extremely satisfied) and brother to him for their medical issues. Thank you, Dr. Wurtz!

May 23rd, 2017

Excellent Provider

Dr. Wurtz cared for my frightened teenager with compassion, patience and honestly. He eased her fears by showing his understanding and acknowledging their validity, while explaining the plan of care and reassuring her with his ability to help her. The wait was long, however this is a busy surgeon with several offices who is a specialist with a busy practice, his bedside manner and care are worth the wait.

January 27th, 2016

Excellent doctor!! Great bedside manner!

April 18th, 2012

HappyUntilThis

Initial appt. had to wait 2 hrs. His resident went in to talk to me about my issue for about 30 min. then he came in and spent < 10 min. He went over the size and place of incision for procedure. To my surprise, after procedure he did not tell me the incision he'd made was twice the size and on a different place, I found that out a couple of days after the surgery at home, while I had to re-do my bandages. The procedure was before xmas, so I was sent home the same day with little instructions on after-care. I had questions about the incision and if I could shower. I called his after hours line, left a message. Also called the doctor-on-call, and left a message there as well. No return calls whatsoever. I was so swollen that I thought my stitches were going to bust open. A couple of days later, still no return call, so I tried calling both places; the doctors office and hospital and after a while I was able to reach the doctor on-call who indicated I should ice my incision. The swelling came down, but next day I had trouble breathing as I felt a sharp pain on my rib cage which increased over time. I had to go to the ER and was admitted for having a blood clot on my left lung. Needless to say I was scared for my life as this is a very dangerous thing. Next day my husband finally gets a return call from Dr. Wurtz' assistant who was informed of my condition (staying at the hospital for a blood clot) to what she said "ok, well have her call us if she has anymore questions..." I was livid for their lack of concern. Weeks later, at my post op visit, my stitches were taken out, and as I asked Dr. Wurtz about their lack of aftercare by not returning my calls on a timely fashion, his response was pretty much that this whole incident had been my fault because I was the one that wanted the procedure before the end of the year. I was speechless that he insinuated this. When told about his assistant's lack of care, he re-directed the whole thing by saying his assistant had been diagnosed with "something" (the something he actually disclosed to me) which I thought was pretty unprofessional on his part. Seems to me he had an excuse for everything I asked about. I left it at that, but I would not recommend him to anyone who looks for a physician who cares for his patients, because he did not seem that caring to me.

February 16th, 2012

Super Doctor

Dr. Wurtz did a partical replacement ofboth my knees....I can now walk with out pain...his staff was very helpful with my recover...

August 6th, 2016