Dr. Lawrence Wurtz MD Patient Reviews

• Orthopedic Surgery Indianapolis, IN

• Good
  • Bad

January 27th, 2016
Excellent doctor!! Great bedside manner!

April 18th, 2012
HappyUntilThis
Initial appt. had to wait 2 hrs. His resident went in to talk to me about my issue for about 30 min. then he came in and spent < 10 min. He went over the size and place of incision for procedure. To my surprise, after procedure he did not tell me the incision he'd made was twice the size and on a different place, I found that out a couple of days after the surgery at home, while I had to re-do my bandages. The procedure was before xmas, so I was sent home the same day with little instructions on after-care. I had questions about the incision and if I could shower. I called his after hours line, left a message. Also called the doctor-on-call, and left a message there as well. No return calls whatsoever. I was so swollen that I thought my stitches were going to bust open. A couple of days later, still no return call, so I tried calling both places; the doctors office and hospital and after a while I was able to reach the doctor on-call who indicated I should ice my incision. The swelling came down, but next day I had trouble breathing as I felt a sharp pain on my rib cage which increased over time. I had to go to the ER and was admitted for having a blood clot on my left lung. Needless to say I was scared for my life as this is a very dangerous thing. Next day my husband finally gets a return call from Dr. Wurtz' assistant who was informed of my condition (staying at the hospital for a blood clot) to what she said "ok, well have her call us if she has anymore questions..." I was livid for their lack of concern. Weeks later, at my post op visit, my stitches were taken out, and as I asked Dr. Wurtz about their lack of aftercare by not returning my calls on a timely fashion, his response was pretty much that this whole incident had been my fault because I was the one that wanted the procedure before the end of the year. I was speechless that he insinuated this. When told about his assistant's lack of care, he re-directed the whole thing by saying his assistant had been diagnosed with "something" (the something he actually disclosed to me) which I thought was pretty unprofessional on his part. Seems to me he had an excuse for everything I asked about. I left it at that, but I would not recommend him to anyone who looks for a physician who cares for his patients, because he did not seem that caring to me.

February 16th, 2012
Super Doctor
Dr. Wurtz did a partical replacement ofboth my knees....I can now walk with out pain...his staff was very helpful with my recover...

May 22nd, 2017