Dr. Daniel Zimet MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.4

December 31st, 2014
Horrible
At first, Dr. Zimet seemed like a good choice. He explained my Foot problem very well. He made sure everything was explained to the best of his ability and reassured my parents everything was going to be fine and my surgery would only effect me for days at most. I had a bone spur in my inner right heel and he removed it in Feb 2014. After he removed it my appointments with him were short and he seemed as if he didn't care. He didn't answer my questions and he failed to inform me my foot was infected! I almost had to have IV's at home for extended periods of time. Instead of the surgery effecting me for several days it was several months because of the bad staff/merca infection I had. I wouldn't recommend him especially for surgery.

May 5th, 2013
Weekend Warrior
I have been to Dr. Zimmit three times. Though I do miss Dr. Faverau and was heart broken to hear he passed away at such a young age. However, Dr. Zimmit knows his business. I spent many years as a weekend warrior playing all sorts of sports. I am now 50+ and still mending;-P His bed side manner is typical of many doctors, lacks, but he shows care and concern and listens to what I have to say and applies it to his diagnosis. Dr. Zimmit has not performed any surgery on me at this point so my opinion could change.

October 15th, 2012
Excellent surgeon
I am an athletic young adult and was admitted to the ER with a very serious crushed (fractured) knee. Dr. Zimet was able to get me in to surgery within two days. I required a steel plate and many screws/ nails. Well, since the surgery, I had to move quite a bit and hence actually followed up with four different surgeons over the ensuing months. All these surgeons were of the best repute that i could find. Well, I want to testify that every single one of them had nothing but praise for dr Zimet's work as evidenced in my X-rays, etc. The way he had to put the pieces of my knee back together, etc was not easy, so I've been told. I have been told time and again that he truly gave me the best possible chance at recovery (and hopefully returning to sports one day). Furthermore he was generally compassionate , patient and encouraging and though he was very busy he did take the time to answer my many questions and concerns. I was very blessed to fall into the hands of such a competent surgeon.

May 17th, 2011
trigger finger
dont ask about anything other than what you are there for or he will hit you with "you will have to book another appt unit" and then it gets weird after that. I wont be going back.