Dr. Daniela Caltaru MD Patient Reviews

• Osteopathic Manipulative Medicine Scottsdale, AZ

April 14th, 2016
I have seen Dr. Caltaru going on 10 yrs. I like her as a doctor. She listens to my complaints and concerns and if she feels it necessary she will deal with it appropriately. Her office staff is a completely different story. She is the rudest front desk person I have ever seen. She makes you feel like you are nothing but a stick in her butt. I have spoken to the doctor regarding this person but she says she knows because many people have stated the same things but as long as she does her job she puts up with it and gives it no mind.

February 12th, 2015
Am I the Exception?
This was my first visit as arranged by my PCP. I printed office forms off my computer and was ready when I arrived for my appointment. I checked in with the receptionist, Barbara, who was very pleasant and even became jovial at times. After a mere 5 minutes Dr. Caltaru invited me into her office. She had pre-ordered my medical history from my PCP and the Scottsdale Healthcare records office. She was well aware and on top of my problem. We discussed my problem at length and wanted to know of any other related occurrences that might not have been on record. She didn't go off suggesting that I needed additional tests other than what I had recently taken and relied on the recent diagnosis of doctors who had cared for me. She set up a short term plan to combat my problem with a follow-up visit to evaluate the results. I had also made a list of 4 other concerns of mine from her advertised areas of expertise. She was very kind and discussed each and every concern, offering her solutions for each. Dr. Caltaru was born and educated in Romania and speaks with an Eastern European accent which does not diminish from the fact that she is well educated and experienced in her field of medicine. It took Barbara about two minutes to set me up for a follow-up appointment, we exchanged a final inside joke, and I was off well assured that I was in good hands. For all those reviewers who had a bad experience at this office I would suggest "Lighten up a bit!"

December 6th, 2014
Dr caltaru is nice. Only for a a while .I've seen her for Three years still no diagnosis.pills are her answer. I will not see her again because any Dr that turns there back and gets angry the first time you ask about doing another kind of test to find answers to your pain and so many other disabling issues is not for me. Iwasted enough time and money. As for barb she's OK . Dr likes her.they can be alike sometimes. I ErE

July 15th, 2014
I have been of patient of Dr.Caltaru's for several years now. I like her as a Physician and I do feel that she is well educated. She is trustworthy and I have for the most part felt that she has provided me with the proper diagnosis and treament for my problems. I am so dissapointed however that she does not seem to care about how her office staff treats her patients. Her front office receptionist Barbara is so rude and abrupt. She acts as if you are bothering her from the time you call to make an appt as well as during check in and check out. I have sat in the lobby and observed her with patients both in person as well as on the telephone. I work in the medical field and I know how important it is to be sympathetic and understanding when it comes to seeing patients. She needs to put herself in the patients shoes and ask herself if how she treats people is the way that she likes to be treated when she goes to the Doctor? I find it difficult to believe that Dr.Caltaru is not aware of how Barbara talks to patients. I dont know if she just does not care? Or is too busy to be bothered? I would not refer anyone I know to this office for that reason alone.

June 3rd, 2014
Mrs
I have been seeing Dr.Caltaru for about 4 years now and I do think that she is a very good Nuerologist and very knowledgeble. She takes her time with me and always tries to answer my questions. However, her front office receptionist is rude, degrading, inpatient, and just flat out offensive. She is condesending and extremely unhelpful in helping you with referrals for imaging exams or anything else that she may be asked to do. I have read all of the other complaints on these sites and they all say the same thing, that Dr.Caltaru is a great Dr. but that Barbara is the worst. Something needs to be done and quickly or else she will continue to lose patients. I plan on discussing this with her at my next appointment.

April 29th, 2014
Rude, Rude, Rude
I have been a patient of Dr.Caltaru's for many years and I really like and trust her as a physician. I drive a long way to see her I live in the east valley but I dont mind the drive since I do like her so much. Her office staff Barbara though is terrible, she is short, rude and extremely condesending. She cuts you off when you are speaking and does not allow you any time to speak. I wish that there was a way for Dr.Caltaru to log on to this wedsite and see these complaints but I do not think that she is very computer savy... I dont understand why she would chose to work in the healthcare field period. I have been in the medical field myself for over 20 yrs and if I ever even remotely acted the way that Barbara has I would have been out of a career a very long time ago. Something desperately needs to be done or she will start losing patients like crazy, myself included.

April 18th, 2014
Dr. Caltaru was my neurologist for over 10 years while I lived in Arizona (I have multiple sclerosis). She treated me for my relapses and I have no complaints regarding her intelligence, bedside manner, etc. However, Barbara, her receptionist, will be the downfall of her practice. As the other comments have stated, she should not be working with people. I have been in the medical profession for 25 years, working for hospitals, neurosurgeons and cardiologists. A receptionist is the first person you see and speak to when entering the office. She is Dr. Caltaru's representative and she does NOT represent this wonderful doctor appropriately in any manner. I am SURE there are many receptionists, office managers, secretaries who would greet her patients with a smile, kindness and so forth that she has studied and worked for, for many years. I would hope that these people who are qualified would get a resume to her ASAP and/or speak to her as I am certain Barbara opens her mail and would destroy any resume...so this would have to be done discretely. I care for Dr. Caltaru very much and hope her many years of being a very much needed neurologist is not ruined because of this miserable, unhappy, unappreciative woman. As far as her only accepting cash for payment...well that is because people cannot be trusted with checks and/or credit card (one person can ruin it for all) so that is her policy and I think that is in her best interest. I feel this ability to state reviews is very helpful and I hope Dr. Caltaru reads this as it is very important for her as a doctor and business woman. I hope someone tells her about this problem with Barbara...as I would be very unhappy if her practice and even more important her good name would be tarnished because of Barbara. Again, patients have a disease, come to see Dr. Caltaru for help and they are not greeted with a smile, sympathy, ease of mind, and are bullied and are treated disrespectfully as if they do not matter. This is not good practice. Me, being a previous office manager, am baffled. I hired no one who would not, could not smile and not leave their baggage at home and not bring it into the doctor's office he or she is representing. Someone please help Dr. Caltaru in getting her office back together regarding her good name, representation and to please offer to work for her and to get rid of Barbara (I personally feel Dr. Caltaru is not aware of this and Barbara may be discarding resumes, complaints, etc.). I am going to print this and mail it to the hospital to her attention and hopefully she will receive this.

November 12th, 2013
Great
She is easy to talk to, and takes time to know everything before her diagnosis.

January 24th, 2013
Not bad...not great
I would not recommend Dr. Caltaru for one main reason - she ONLY accepts cash. In this day and age, this really is unacceptable. In the 6 months I've seen her, I've witnessed two patients get mad and walk out because of this. Dr. Caltaru didn't respond to this, except to give them a look as if she didn't care or want them as patients anyway. Dr. Caltaru does have a thick accent but I think she has a pretty good handle on the English language. I have trouble with most accents, but understand her fine. If I've ever had to ask her to repeat herself, it was because she's too soft spoken. She doesn't have the greatest bedside manner. She's a bit robotic and doesn't have much of a sense of humor. However she does seem to have a thorough knowledge of neurology though. I saw her for about 6 months and will not return because she seems to be slightly too drug happy. I understand that migraines are difficult to treat without medication, but it seems like the harder I try to get her to open up to less drugs, the more she wants to give me. I've asked her repeatedly if she has any more natural/safer ideas to help with my migraines and she brushes off the question each time and just writes another prescription. Her office manager is an office manager. In my experience, medical staff are rude more often than not. She's just not a frilly, happy person but she's definitely not the worst I've seen.

July 18th, 2012
Was very unhappy with my visit.
I recently went to see Dr. Caltura, and had a very disappointing experience. She was rude and condescending and told me to go back to my old life. I wish I could Miss Caltura, but I can't even do simple things like use computers (for more than 10 mins) and drive at night because I have sensitivity to lights and dizziness. To be honest, I could of had a better diagnosis from my own mom. My visit was very disappointing, and it makes me upset that I paid to literally get mocked at. Please go else where and save your money and your faith in western medicine.

November 23rd, 2010
Dr Caltaru is great, staff is awful
I've been seeing Dr Caltaru for sometime now. She is very competent and knows her trade well. I see her about 5 times a year for various conditions, and have ever confidence in her.Her staff, however, is awful. Her office manager, Barbara, is curt, short, rude, and everything that customer service should not be. I've never had to deal with anyone in the medical industry who is as rude as Barbara. As I was scheduling an appointment today, I was trying to explain to her that I was completely out of my medication. She told me she doubted that the Dr would refill it. When I began to request for the Dr. to call me directly, she abruptly said "we will see you next week", then slammed the phone down. When I called back, she did not answer. I plan to print this evaluation and give to Dr Caltaru when I see her next week. So, in recap, Dr Caltaru is wonderful. Her assistant is awful and should not be working the front desk, or with the public in general.

October 14th, 2010
Barbara
The front desk receptionist is named Barbara. I find her to be very rude and condescending. I have sent other friends to Dr. Calturu and they have not returned due to her harshness and disrespect. I am considering not going back and I am dissappointed becuase I really like Dr. Calturu.

Health Guides