Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Lyme Disease show details Lyme Disease
by MWK on May 6th, 2015

I had gone to several Doctors that did not know what they were doing. Dr. Stokes was Great. I even went to NYC Columbia University Hospital to get a second opinion and she encouraged it. They even got on the phone and talked to her and confirmed that she was on the right track. She is very nice, soft spoken and I wish she would scream at me a little. I couldn't understand anyone and I was loosing my hearing and site. If it wasn't for her I would have ended up in a nursing home.

Apr 28th, 2015

Good Doctor, helped when no one else would. The insurance puts a lot of pressure on these infectious disease doctors, but she performs pretty well under it. She sometimes withholds results to receive more visits.

She canceled on me last min after waiting month for appt. show details She canceled on me last min after waiting month for appt.
Feb 8th, 2015

Canceled my appointment an hour before I was to arrive. Took a day off work.

by Harris lapidus on Sep 9th, 2013

Dr Stokes is great and certainly listened , but the follow up was poor to say the least. She had agreed that a surgical procedure was necessary, but I was unable to get the promised letter. Her secretary kept promising to fax the letter to the surgeon, but never did the follow up. Now two months later we are still being told it is in Dr Stokes computer. The surgeon's secretary has been promised on a daily basis for the last month that the letter would be faxed. I have also been calling and getting the same answer - it will be faxed now.

A Doctor who actually listens! show details A Doctor who actually listens!
by Goldy Safirstein on Sep 6th, 2013

Dr. Stokes treated me for Lyme disease and Babesios a few years back. She knew more about Lyme than any other doctor I met and really listened to what I had to say. She uses test results as part of the diagnostic picture, but doesn't rely on them to the exclusion of other diagnostic evidence.

Knows her stuff ! show details Knows her stuff !
by Jen N on Aug 26th, 2013

I first saw Dr. Stokes in early 2012 when I was so sick with Lyme disease no other doctor could properly treat me. I was only 31 years old, very healthy and had literally woke up one day and wasn't able to walk anymore. Every doctor in the area thought I was crazy. Dr.Stokes reviewed my blood work, discovered not only did I have Lyme, but also babesia (co infection of Lyme) and psoriatic arthritis. She is very knowledgable and knows what she is talking about. She is a busy woman, but she won't steer you wrong. I am thankful that I found her.

Wait time was unacceptable. show details Wait time was unacceptable.
by Patient on Aug 14th, 2013

The wait time in this office is routinely over 3 hours. Evidently the patients time is not as valuable as theirs.

Finally, a Dr. that cares! show details Finally, a Dr. that cares!
Nov 5th, 2012

I have had Lyme disease for over ten years. Most physicians prescribe a two week course of antibiotics & write you off as cured. Dr. Stokes may seem quiet & clinical in her approach, but I think she is just shy. What's important is she knows Lyme & will work around your HMOrestrictions. She called me personally when she didn't like my blood studies, offered to waive her fee & even sent me a coupon for 70% off on lab work when my insurance expired. She is a rare gem in her field.

Best doc ever show details Best doc ever
Apr 14th, 2012

Great diagnostic skills.

Most unprofessional doctor ever show details Most unprofessional doctor ever
Feb 21st, 2012

Dr. Stokes was a no-show to my appointment and made it very difficult to reschedule. She made everything seem like an imposition and like I was waisting her time, and I was rushed through my exam. She obviously doesn't value her patients or her practice, and I will be surprised if it survives another year. I do not trust, and you shouldn't either.

A real doctor show details A real doctor
by Culinarion on Jul 23rd, 2010

She looks at you as a human, not as a medical case. Mens sana in humanum sane

Exceptional Physician show details Exceptional Physician
by Kate Gutierrez on Mar 1st, 2009

This Doctor has exception education and experience with patients diagnosing, treating and treatment with in all of the health care system.