Dr. Daniela Stokes Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Daniela Stokes?

August 29th, 2017

Keep your receipts

While Dr. Stokes was good her office staff and practices are a disaster. She has turned over accounts to Diamond Collection Agency in Monroe, NY. The doctors records showed no copays since 2012. Luckily I have the receipts and patient account information which show a $0 balance. What a hassle especially since we have moved out of state.

August 8th, 2017

Insightful, highly competent, comapassionate

Dr. Stokes is a great doctor with excellent diagnostic skills. She will take the time to hear what you have to say, and will explain what is going on with you. She helped me and I recommend her without hesitation.

July 3rd, 2016

Squeezed me in right before vacation!

Very good. My PCP referred me to her and boy am I glad. They squeezed me in even though they were about to go on vacation thank God. She put me at ease. PS I think I was waiting 5 minutes if that, and it was right after a staff BBQ. I will never forget them for it.

July 23rd, 2015

Can I trust her

first thing she said to me was that she thought I had Parkinson's, which had been definitively ruled out by competent neurologists. Showed her a positive blood test for Lyme by Igenix, the so called gold standard of testing. Said she didn't trust Igenix because she'd never gotten a negative result. My wife got a negative result from Igenix. She has the demeanor of Eyeor of Winnie the pooh. seems completely depressed. on this site shed gets raves. on another she gets poor marks. I don't know what to think. If she helps me I'll be the first one back to credit her. But Jesus doc, look up the ratings for Igenix. Only the CDC and the insurance companies criticize it, and they hound it.

May 6th, 2015

Lyme Disease

I had gone to several Doctors that did not know what they were doing. Dr. Stokes was Great. I even went to NYC Columbia University Hospital to get a second opinion and she encouraged it. They even got on the phone and talked to her and confirmed that she was on the right track. She is very nice, soft spoken and I wish she would scream at me a little. I couldn't understand anyone and I was loosing my hearing and site. If it wasn't for her I would have ended up in a nursing home.

April 28th, 2015

Good Doctor, helped when no one else would. The insurance puts a lot of pressure on these infectious disease doctors, but she performs pretty well under it. She sometimes withholds results to receive more visits.

February 8th, 2015

She canceled on me last min after waiting month for appt.

Canceled my appointment an hour before I was to arrive. Took a day off work.

September 9th, 2013

Dr Stokes is great and certainly listened , but the follow up was poor to say the least. She had agreed that a surgical procedure was necessary, but I was unable to get the promised letter. Her secretary kept promising to fax the letter to the surgeon, but never did the follow up. Now two months later we are still being told it is in Dr Stokes computer. The surgeon's secretary has been promised on a daily basis for the last month that the letter would be faxed. I have also been calling and getting the same answer - it will be faxed now.

September 6th, 2013

A Doctor who actually listens!

Dr. Stokes treated me for Lyme disease and Babesios a few years back. She knew more about Lyme than any other doctor I met and really listened to what I had to say. She uses test results as part of the diagnostic picture, but doesn't rely on them to the exclusion of other diagnostic evidence.

August 14th, 2013

Wait time was unacceptable.

The wait time in this office is routinely over 3 hours. Evidently the patients time is not as valuable as theirs.

November 5th, 2012

Finally, a Dr. that cares!

I have had Lyme disease for over ten years. Most physicians prescribe a two week course of antibiotics & write you off as cured. Dr. Stokes may seem quiet & clinical in her approach, but I think she is just shy. What's important is she knows Lyme & will work around your HMOrestrictions. She called me personally when she didn't like my blood studies, offered to waive her fee & even sent me a coupon for 70% off on lab work when my insurance expired. She is a rare gem in her field.

April 14th, 2012