Obstetrician & Gynecologist

20 Pondmeadow Dr
Ste 101
Reading, MA 01867
781-942-7000
Locations and availability (4)

|  show details
by Ash on Feb 14th, 2014

We had been to multiple fertility centers and needless to say, had to go through mental trauma. Due to one of the bad experience with horrible HSG, I was traumatized at a different facility and we had lost hope of having a baby. We met Dr. Vitiello and what a pleasant surprise!.. She has been very supporting and very helpful and patient with us. I am sure without her help we could not have experienced this bliss. She would call us ahead of her staff some time and share the results. Always positive. I just wonder how some one can be so Positive all the time. Amazing experience. I would recommend her without a single doubt.

|  Feeling absolutely grateful and blessed  |  show details
Sep 24th, 2013

I wanted to start off by saying I'm absolutely amazed with my doctor, Dr. Vitiello. Prior to meeting her at our initial consultation, I was so nervous and thought she would just be another pushover doctor, but boy was I wrong! She's wonderful!! She did my sono hsg last Thursday and my regular hsg test this morning, (to say I was dreading these procedures is a major understatement due to my past experience) but surprisingly it went great! I didn't feel major cramps and discomfort as I did with my old RE. And Dr. Vitiello, she talked me through it the whole time. I barely felt anything, yaaay! :) The conversations ranged from pumpkin carving to my past losses, took my mind off of the pains and worries. And she told me what she saw on the screen during the test. The nurse staff that were at the Winchester hospital to assist her, Lauren and Debbie were so sweet n comforting as well. I can go on and on about this doctor. But I will just simply say she's an awesome doctor and a great breath of fresh air from the past doctors I've seen.

|  positive and realistic  |  show details
Aug 22nd, 2012

I feel positive about having a baby again. It has been so long that we have tried without any results. I kick myself for not seeing Dr. Vitiello sooner. An outstretched hand sailed into the waiting room followed by a welcoming smile. She made us at ease and even made us laugh. It was a surprising ice breaker. In 45 minutes she gathered our information, reviewed our lab results and had synthesized a plan with a real timeline. I knowthat I have some work to do but I feel like we can do it now..Thank you.

|  With her, there would be no us...  |  show details
May 15th, 2012

I cannot believe how fast the pregnancy was and now this child is finally here. It seems so surreal. Rewind 10 months ago - an ultrasound and a heartbeat. I didn't believe it despite the symptoms and the weight. For the first time in too many years, an ultrasound that I was happy to have with a heartbeat. It is hard to believe that alien is now my beautiful girl.Rewind 18 months ago. It took some time to find the courage to see Dr. Vitiello. In retrospect, I was afraid to admit, what? failure? the inability to complete the most basic function. She put us at ease, explained basic fertility and the step-by-step approach. The work up was streamlined but I never felt that I had lost my identity. It couldn't believe that Dr. Vitiello actually called me with my lab embryo results.The process was easier than I thought save a few shots that are all a blur. We will be back for number two

|  .....Pregnant...finally  |  show details
Mar 13th, 2012

The first time that I met Dr. Vitiello was over a year ago. I had Diabetes and was overweight. Really, I wasn't interested in losing weight because I thought that I would just gain it with the pregnancy. I was putting off seeing her because I have always been sensitive about my weight and I knew it was an issue. She guided me through reproduction and let me know how the excess weight may have an effect. It was not an easy pill to swallow by any means. That day,I committed to every day being a better one.I did some lab work and by thyroid was slow and my pancreas was working too hard.Diet and exercise, some medication and 7 months later, I was 50lbs down and no diabetes. I hadn't been this weight in years. Oh, yeah, then there is the infertility part, the reason I started at FCNE in the first place. Well, the first IVF cycle later :) need I say more.I appreciate her honesty and having to deliver the news that is not always nice with grace and without accusations.

|  It is obvious that Dr. Vitiello loves what she does....and it shows  |  show details
Feb 21st, 2012

o.k. A physician that is prompt...I didn't think it was possible. Gliding into the waiting room with an outstretched hand, Dr. Vitiello greeted us with a warm smile and wisked us back to her office. In just a few minutes I thought how personable she was and how easy the conversation began and flowed. Her office has some nice art and was inviting and as personable as she was. Balanced with the artistic side was a wall of overachievement and diplomas. She clearly had earned her stripes.She guided us through the steps in basic reproduction and our need to find out about egg, sperm and where and how they meet. I loved how she started with basic principles and presented them in a way that I could use.After laying out a plan for us (she can write upside down), she introduced me to her care team. They all seem to have a great chemistry. I don't know what our future holds but I know we are in the right place

|  Consumate & Caring  |  show details
Jan 28th, 2012

We have been patients of Dr. Vitiello for a year. When the IUIs left us without a pregnancy, we turned to IVF. Never did we ever think we would have to go that far; but here we are. Unfortunately, the first time around was not successful. Dr. Vitiello called us the day after the retrieval to tell us about the embryos and then again to give us the news that we dreaded - no pregnancy. Of course, I was devastated. She thanked me for doing everything well and told me that sometimes Nature is not as kind as we wished it to be. I was ready to give up. She recommended that we do something good for ourselves, regroup and we could talk about the future. She believed I had potential when I had lost confidence. This belief got me through the next cycle and; yes, a pregnancy. I am in my second trimester now, experiencing morning sickness and thrilled at what our future holds.We shall forever be indebted for Dr. Vitiello going the extra mile for us and believing in our condition when even I had lost hope.

|  Goes above and beyond for patients  |  show details
Dec 7th, 2011

My husband and I have been going thru infertility for years we have been to other centers and really just felt like a number there... A friend of ours recommended Dr Vitiello and we are so happy we came here. We actually get to speak to our Dr on the phone, we get to see her for appts she spends as much time as needed explaining and making sure we understand the plan. At the other centers I saw my Dr once could never to him on the phone and when I came in for appts after that initial appt I saw an NP never our Dr. Her bedside manner is wonderful she puts you at ease in this very uncomfortable at times embaressing world of infertility...Her goal is to help you achieve pregnancy she goes above and beyond to help, and I would highly recommend her to anyone having infertility issues. My thyroid level was found to be slightly elevated from the evaluation I did and was placed on a small dose of levoxyl and my levels were followed and adjustments were made when necessary. We wish we had come here first!!

|  Caring, compassionate and knowledgable.  |  show details
Nov 16th, 2011

Dr. Vitiello was a pleasure to work with. She is very well versed and knowledgable. She took a great deal of time to review how infertility is directly related to our case. She not only has helped us acheive our goal but she also did so with compassion for us as individuals not as a number.

|  I am no longer a number  |  show details
Nov 14th, 2011

I appreciate the time that Dr Vitiello took with me and my husband. We have been trying to get pregnant for "years" and I have felt that something was wrong with us. It took me months to have the courage to make the appointment.Dr. Vitiello took the time to explain basic reproduction (I think I understand it now) and what testing was necessary and which tests were not. She used my history to show me that I was ovulating when I thought I wasn't! Finally, I can throw out those BBBT charts as we now are in capable hands.She laid out a plan for us that was straightforward: testing, then low tech treatment options and, IVF if necessary.We are feeling hopeful again

|  Avoid if you have thyroid issues  |  show details
Oct 12th, 2011

If you have thyroid issues do not see her, this RE does not have a good knowledge or up to date on the latest info regarding managing a hypo or hyperthyroid patient, let alone once she becomes pregnant. Only relies on TSH, no free T or antibody testing here. Will send you through an evaluation cycle of bloodwork, u/s, and HSG, and SA then tell you your "best option" is IVF upon follow up even though eveything is normal. Be proactive ladies and make sure you're timing intercourse correctly by using basal body temperature charting. Most RE's and OB's wont tell you that. Terrible bedside manner, will talk down to you, explain things to you as if you were a child. Will not listen to you when you ask for particlar tests to be run and when you ask questions its as if you've hurt her ego by questioning her abilities.If you have a thyroid condition that is left to be managed by this doc, IVF will likely be unsuccessful anyway, see a real endocrinologist to get your thyroid under control first. But if you are looking for IVF by all means see her and she will love you.

|  show details
Jun 28th, 2011

my husband and I have been inder going fertility for 2 years. i DISLIKE HARDY and WEISS they were insensitive during miscarriages... but Dr. vitiello is AWESOME , shed call me and check up on me and made me feel like I was the only patient she had... she is great and has a very humanistic approach!

|  Fertility Specialist who specializes in people  |  show details
May 12th, 2011

Never did we think that we would be here, asking for help to complete a fundamental aspect of existence. Dr. Vitiello welcomed us, clearly explained how reproduction works and laid out a clear plan of attack. We are hopeful again.