Family Physicians

500 Campus Dr
Hancock, MI 49930
906-483-1000
Locations and availability (4)

|  Bad experience  |  show details
by Dane lipka on Jul 22nd, 2014

Some family members brought me into the E.R after conditions became worse after a stay at a more professional hospital. This doctor was very rude and unprofessional. He was quite sure it was nothing serious. Come to find out it was low thyroid. I was partially out of it and at times unaware of my actions. He was going to give me a spinal tap I felt I was going to puke and needed to lay down he took his gloves off stormed out of the room discharged me 5 minutes later with no answers. I was sent home still very sick with upset and very concerned family members. I wonder if this doctor is at least professional enough to at the very least offer an apology. I hope in reading this he will learn a lesson so nobody else will lose faith in our local health care.

|  miss him very much!!  |  show details
by kathleen, sala on Oct 16th, 2013

Dr Yarger literally saved my life by making sure I continued to have regular check ups. He recommended strongly that I have regular mammograms which I continued even after he left our area. Thanks to his care a spot was found and I had cancer! I had good surgical care and a good oncologist and I am cancer free today. He was my Dr for only a few years before he left here but I credit his genuine care, wonderful advice and great bedside manner for being alive today! He is missed in Iron River.

|  show details
Jul 31st, 2012

If you have dr. Yarger you have the best there is..compassionate and caring. Iron County is losing a great Dr. because of politics in the hospital

|  excellent physician  |  show details
by angela lapota on Aug 26th, 2010

he is a excellent doctor great attitude diagnosed my allergies on first visit and gave me the appropriate meds i needed and is always willing toi fit a patient in if needed no other doctor has been able to get my allergies under control i would reccomend him to anyone a

|  Wonderful Doctor  |  show details
by Sharon Hopkins on Mar 27th, 2010

I am from North Carolina but travel tosee family and friends in the UP of Michigan and have Dr. Yarger as my familyphysician. He is the most compassionate,caring, and thorough doctor I have everbeen to. He sits down as if he is your bestfriend and goes over every avenue of yourhealth for exam, report, and concerns with no hurry. He is considerate and explains to you everything you need to know whether it is your physical or testshe has ordered for you and will call youif need be in the best patient-doctorrelationship for your good health andunderstanding. Iron River is gifted tohave Dr. Yarger for patient care!