2.6

April 23rd, 2016
Avoid
I was admitted to weill-cornell for some tests. Jamieson was on rotation with residents/students. She seemed completely uninterested in me as a patient. I requested a consult from an endocrinologist and an infectious disease. She dismissed me. I told her the IV steroids she had prescribed were making me sick while i was at the hospital. She dismissed me. The steriods made me sicker. At the hospital, Another doctor suggested acute rehab, and in a smug response she said I would not qualify. She told me I had MS. After being discharge from W-C i went to 2 MS centers both said I did not have MS. One said they never would they have put me on steroids wiith the info they had and that i do not have MS but a severe bacterial infection in my CNS. Steroids are contraindicated for infections.

March 12th, 2014
mrs.
Excellent

October 10th, 2013
INATTENTIVE & IMPOSSIBLE TO GET TIMELY APPOINTMENTS
Dr. Jamieson is inattentive and completely out to lunch when it comes to her patients. Considering that a lot of her patients are elderly and may not be able to advocate for themselves, that is a rather scary thought. Simple things like having my current prescription, with the current dosage sent to the pharmacist in a timely manner ,so that I do not run out was too hard for her and her office to handle. I had to bother my primary care to doctor numerous times to get my meds to me because her office would either, not return calls or would get my meds wrong because Jamieson was too busy or was away in Hawaii and could not sign off on my prescriptions. IN terms of diagnosis she seemed to be completely disinterested in learning about me as a patient and why I was having my symptoms. She just wanted to push meds to the highest points it could go and hope it would take care of my symptoms. She was completely blasé about me and the whole situation I was facing. I saw no progress in my health in the year that I was under her care.

September 24th, 2013
made me worse
I would not recommend anyone to Dr. Jamieson. She barely listens to you, opting to look at her computer instead the entire time. She also, literally, did not believe me when I told her about a behavior that makes my headaches worse. She said it's impossible. (Um, lady, I'm the one with the headache and I know what I feel.) Another thing: Several times when I complained about a certain symptom, she asked me why I thought I was having that symptom. I have no idea! That's why I paid her $300 -- so that SHE should tell me what's wrong with me. She's the doctor, not me. All this aside, she gave me a medicine that did nothing for me and she actually made one of my symptoms worse by urging me to exercise. I would go to a much more caring doctor.

July 13th, 2013
Dr. Jamieson should NOT be allowed to practice medicine
Dr. Jamieson should not be allowed to practice medicine or treat patients. After being brought into the hospital for a two day long migraine that had left me unable to eat, walk, open my eyes, and left me smelling funny things, I was admitted to Weill Cornell. I had come to her hospital because I had undergone the removal of a brain tumor from her hospital the year prior and my migraines were a result of the surgery. Upon seeing Dr. Jamieson, she accused me of being on illegal drugs and said they were the cause of my symptoms. When the tests she administered to me came back clean she accused my mother of doctoring the test results. A resident thought that I may not just be suffering from migraines but from seizures. Dr. Jamieson however, refuted that hypothesis. Due to the severity of my condition and the negative effects of her treatment I was in the hospital for five days. When she came in to the room she talked about me as if I was not even there, and she didn't care. After seeing her, my headaches and smells just got worse. I still tried seeing her when I was released but when I told her things were getting worse she said I was imagining it. When I told her that another doctor of mine said that I should look into seeing whether or not I'm having seizures she said that was impossible. She should have listened to her resident!!!! I ended up going to see another headache specialist. it was he who was able to realize that I WAS having seizures. I had epilepsy as a result of my first surgery. I needed two more surgeries to eliminate the headaches and seizures. I am now finally healthy. She took away years of my life. I don't want her to be able to do that to anyone else

May 9th, 2013
Terribly superficial doctor, she managed to misdiagnose me for several years. I am surprised she is still at reputable Cornell. She is cold, uninterested in details, doesn't really listens, sticks to the same treatments that have not worked. She gives you the impression that that's all medical science can do for you, you're beyond hope. Luckily I have looked for another dr and what a difference... Avoid altogether, the office is a nightmare, as well. Getting an appointment through her unbelievably cold and rude secretary is torture in itself, just for seeing an awful dr.

February 18th, 2013
Don't go
No, i would not chose Dr. jamieson again. She is very experienced and intelligent but her personality and view points end up making the patient seem like an idiot. i went in knowing everything about my condition and had tons of notes from other docs, so she had very little figuring out to do. She knew the extreme severity of my headaches, yet refused to call a prescription in, when she could have. i was told that I needed to take the medication on onset of the headache or it would spiral. Yet she refused to give it to me until i made an office appt. She happened to be leaving on vacation and could "fit me in" in 3 weeks. She knew that i was in severe pain. She was arrogant and apathetic, and basically told me "so sad, too bad", making no effort to even problem solve what we could treat me with for the time I had to wait. At our initial visit, she was thorough with the interview, yet made eye contact about 5 times in 30 minutes. I respect her knowledge base, but will not go back for these reasons. Headaches affect your ability to function on a daily basis, I have a baby and she knows this. Never again. Oh, and the office staff is rude, disorganized and never answers the phone.

October 22nd, 2012
Absolutely horrible office management. Office management forgets to input your re-scheduled appointments (although you have called awhile back) and then office charges you $50. When you explain this to the Dr. she will not waive the fee and go send into collections. Dr. will not write prescription to daily medication without 3mth follow up and office management does not follow up with you or remind you of appointments so then you are stuck without a prescription. This is the case even once you schedule a follow-up appointment and ask for a prescription to cover you until that appointment when you have been on same medication for years. The office management is not caring, does not work with you at all, never returns phone calls and when you ask for the Doctor to call you back she won't. They either do not give her the messages or Dr. Jamieson does not care enough about her patients to explain to her office staff not to be rude & to return their calls. I come from a family of Dr.s and I have NEVER seen an office run like this. Absolutely appalling - save yourself the trouble and go to a different Neurologist. They are a dime a dozen in Manhattan.

January 19th, 2012
It is impossible to get through to their office with the provided phone number. Therefore it is impossible to reach Dr. Jamieson

July 14th, 2011
Took time to find out about my headaches and how they affect me. Although I had tried many treatments with other neurologists, she carefully adjusted my treatment and helped me more than any other. Superb care.

September 17th, 2010
EXCELLENT NEUROLOGIST - BEST HEADACHE DOC
My first office visit, she spent 1-1.5 hours with me. I have suffered from Cluster Headaches for past 35 years. I have been to a number of specialists and she has helped me the most, by far. I have referred 3-5 patients to her and they have all been thrilled with her care. She is one of the best docs I have ever gone to. She is easy to reach and sends Emails when necessary.

January 23rd, 2009
the worst physician i have ever seen.