Dr. Dario Beltran MD Patient Reviews

• Neurology Midland, TX

August 23rd, 2016
TERRRIBLE, TERRIBLE DOCTOR. I was very, very ill, not responding to the treatment for Myasthenia Gravis, and my daughter asked a simple question, and he went off on her. He yelled at her, stating that he had spent hours of time researching and trying to figure out how to treat me, and if I hadn't shared that information with her, that was not his problem. I was so sick that he was readmitting me to hospital that day, and did not need this stress. Even as I was in tears, he kept yelling. We sat there in stunned, silent, disbelief, wondering what we had done or said to make him so mad. The next morning during his rounds at the hospital, he brought me a manila envelope with papers that he had "pent an hour and a half the night before printing off the internet" for me to give "my DAUGHTER". I was so confused and sick that this just upset me more, and I spent the day in tears. Every day during his rounds, he brought it back up. Would not let it go. I was too sick to seek out another doctor at the time, and I do think he knew a lot about my disease and was treating me in the best way for this disease. But it wasn't about his knowledge of the disease. It was his personality, his anger, his ego! During this time, there were many, many other things that happened. During one of my hospital stays, they were giving me 100 mg. of Prednisone a day, which causes Diabetes like symptoms. Therefore they gave me insulin 3 times a day to keep my sugar at a normal level. When I was released, my dosage of the steroids was the same. I asked if I needed insulin at home. He blew me off, saying he didn't think so. I went home, became more ill within a few days, called him, asking again about insulin....and he again, he blew me off. By the next day, I was so weak and sick that my family had to practically carry me to the car to get me to the hospital. Not because of my disease, but because my blood sugar was 560! All because he blew me off about the insulin. There were so many other things, but this will give anybody an idea of the type of doctor he is. Please use another doctor in the area. Dr Abdul Kadir is in Odessa (15 minutes down the road) and he has treated me with respect and listens to my concerns, and I am doing as well as can be expected for someone with this disease.

November 10th, 2015
Terrible bedside manner!!
I saw Dr. Beltran after seeing a few other "professionals" in the area. I had been very, very sick for 2 months with dizziness, nausea, blurred vision, and severely painful headaches. He admitted me to the hospital, where I had a lumbar puncture done and other tests. When he came into my room to see me, he was very, very rude. I was in excruciating pain and he refused to let the nursing staff give me pain relief for 2 days. I was also discharged with the absolute WORST spinal headache, which is by far, the most horrible pain I've ever been in. I was not offered a blood patch, which could've made me feel much better immediately. Instead, I was sent home and had to endure TWO weeks of the spinal headache. When I called his office and BEGGED for pain relief, I was told that I need to go to Mayo Clinic! Turning a patient away who is in real pain and offering nothing to help should be illegal, especially considering the fact that so many people can easily get these medications when there is abolaite nothing wrong with them! I would t have missed months of work and paid thousands of dollars to the hospital if I were just out looking to get high. The care I received was pitiful!!!

May 13th, 2015
Hot Head!!!
Dr Beltran has a temper that can show in your visits with him. He talks down to yo and makes you feel like a 3rd grader!

September 2nd, 2012
Very good doctor
Dr. Beltran is a very good doctor, he is very profesional and nice with his patients, I am very happy with him.

March 4th, 2012
The best
Dr. Beltran is a very good doctor, i love him!