Internist, Geriatric Specialist (elderly care), Hospice & Palliative Specialist

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

2.0

|  show details
Nov 13th, 2014

A great doctor with excellent bedside manners. I would highly recommend him to my friends and family.

|  Dr. Joshi's care of my mother at Glacier Hills Rehab Center  |  show details
by Cynthia Restuccia on Mar 31st, 2014

Dr. Joshi was appointed as my 89 year old mother's physician at Glacier Hills Rehabilitation Center in Ann Arbor, MI after a stay in St. Joe's 10th floor elderly care unit which is in a partnership with the University of Michigan. My mother left St. Joe's Hospital with a UTI which had become a blood infection (Bacteremia). She also had pneumonia. She was sent to Glacier Hills with a picc line to have the appropriate antibiotics administered for two weeks. My mother has asthma. When she gets any upper respiratory infection, her breathing is compromised. She is allergic to Albuterol which is the medicine of choice used to treat wheezing and breathing issues for pneumonia complicated by asthma. She, however, is allergic to Albuterol. It causes A fib of her heart. She must take Xopenex which is very expensive. Dr. Joshi was informed of her allergy and told the staff to give her Albuterol anyway. My brother and I found out about his decision, and went to the director to tell that person, "NO ALBUTEROL." My mother never saw Dr. Joshi again. His name was erased from the board in her room as her doctor. She had no doctor there although he was still on the staff. She never saw any doctor during her 2 week stay. During the beginning of her stay at the center, Dr. Joshi raised her oxygen level to 2. The staff at St. Joe's and U-M set it at 1 and gave her Xoponex. She had no wheezing. Why the change from 1 to 2? If it's not broke, don't fix it. I believe no Xopenex was given to her either due to the expense at Glacier Hills. In all fairness, she was given antibiotics (I don't know what kind.) and Prednisone. (I don't know how much.) The antibiotics didn't resolve the UTI or breathing issues She was wearing an oxygen tube at home, but shortly after she was at the center, I never saw one on her on her after Dr. Joshi changed it to 2. Prescriptions and the directions for her care from NP, Suzanne Plante, were given to us for home care with no oxygen included. Within 1 day after her release from rehab, we had to call EMS to take her to the emergency room. Her oxygen level was low (80) She still had a UTI, a fever, was wheezing badly, and was very confused and disoriented. Seven days at St. Joe's on Xoponex 3 times a day, antibiotics for a UTI, Prednisone, blood cultures taken, visits from an infectious disease specialist, a geriatrician, and nurses who knew how to take care of the pain and curing of a UTI allowed her to be released home in good shape. She was taking Prednisone at St. Joe's, and I am finishing the dosage at home. What is going on at Glacier Hills Rehab? I can't believe this doctor. And to think he gets paid to be a doctor there. Horrible!

|  show details
Oct 6th, 2013

Totally egotistical and pushes hospice care on patients even when rehabilitation is indicated. Rude, abrupt, mind of his own. Poor diagnostician. Senior faculty at U of Mich med school had a completely different diagnosis. He doesn't follow patient and family wishes.Totally misplaced as head of rehab center. he has no business being in that position and trying to push hospice on unsuspecting families.One almost thinks he has a financial interest in pushing hospice care.