Dermatologist (skin)
Video profile

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Pleased patient  |  show details
by Kathryn Descamps on Jan 17th, 2013

The first time I met Dr. Darius was delightful. I liked him right away. He has a very kind, calming voice, while showing his confidence. I had already been diagnosed with skin cancer by my dermatologist, however, I didn't have insurance at the time and was told I could probably wait 3 months until I did have insurance. My pcp recommended me to Dr. Karimipour, as he does the MOHS surgery. Dr. K knows my other dermatologist, and said he was very good, but does not do MOHS. I had 2 places to be removed on my left side of my face. He actually called me himself later in the evening to see if all was going well. It was determined that I needed reconstructive surgery and he sent me to Dr. Samer Bahu. What a great combo these two men are!! I couldn't ask for anyone better. They work very well together and are both excellent doctors. I would recommend them to anyone that has any problems in this area. Love them both! Thank you Dr. Karimpour and Dr. Bahu!!!

|  I am a person  |  show details
Nov 6th, 2012

Dr. Karimipour is wonderful and treats my husband like a person rather than just an income. He called me twice after hours and talked for over a half hour each time. he is very knowledgable and friendly- skilled and always seeking more current training in different areas. I would refer him to everyone I know.

|  This guy is incredible- highly recommend!  |  show details
May 16th, 2011

So my regular dermatologist said something that didn't set right, so I found Dr. Karimipour off of the Beaumont website, as he is a Mohs surgeon and that was what I was looking for. I now have finished the surgery, and I cannot say enough good things about this guy. I am going to list:1. I was freaked out, he was awesome and very calming.2. He knew I was seriously doubting my original dermatologist, so he took the time to double check my skin and found 5 suspicious sites- excised on the spot despite his schedule being busy he made the time for me given it was potential melanoma. I love him for this alone, but my list goes on.3. Patiently explained the Mohs surgery,carefully answered all questions, and also carefully listened to my concerns to make the best decision for treatment. This guy knows what to look for, what to ask, and how to listen. Beautiful.4. Credentials- check them out for yourself, but he is educated and experienced at UM. Took over his dad's practice. Totally my opinion here, but I love that he followed in dad's footsteps. This means he grew up surrounded by issues that directly effect me, and pops can also serve as a sounding board should he ever need it. 5. Surgery went great. He explained only enough so I knew what was going on, but not enough to scare me to pieces. Waiting room had drinks/snacks to assist in making it easier for the patient.6. He called a couple times to make sure everything was ok later that night. Awesome. He was only able to leave messages, but it meant a lot that he took the time to check in and that he made himself so available. Honestly, I feel like this guy would have gotten in his car and driven to my house to check something if I needed him.7. Ok, this is unbelievable. He does not work Wednesdays, but offered to come in on his day off to take out stitches in order to try to save me a missed day of work. Seriously, what doctor does this? Have I said yet that I love this guy?8. Professionalism is excellent. My first dermatologist did his best to bash this guy to keep me from switching the surgery over to a Mohs. Dr. K never once stooped down to say negative remarks about the original guy. He instead just made sure that my diagnosis was solid, performed an excellent surgery, and provided ridiculously good follow-up care. Respect him for this!If you have skin cancer and need surgery, research Mohs surgery. Then highly consider going to this guy, but check out what works best for you. Oh, and follow your instinct- I am so grateful that I did!