Otolaryngologist, Surgeon
863 Park Ave
Suite 1E
New York, NY 10075
212-472-1300
Locations and availability (6)

Some ratings provided by DrScore. Judy's Book.
 |  Excellent doctor  |  show details
by Lynne Cobb on Jul 15th, 2013

I was in very bad shape when I came to Dr. Kohan. He was very nice, gave me gentimicin injections for 6 weeks and what an improvement. I still have my moments due to Meneares Disease. However, the injections made a big improvement. He was gentle, very professional and even stood there consoling me while I was in pain. Most doctors don't do that. I recommend Mr. Kohan a million times. Wonderful doctor. This happened in 2004 and I still appreciate his kindness and help.

|  Be Prepared to Wait!!!!  |  show details
by DSW on Jun 25th, 2013

I went to his office on Willoughby Street in Brooklyn. The staff was less than receptive and the first time I went I had to wait 2 1/2 hours. For my follow up visit, they didn't even know I had an appointment but told me to wait a "few" minutes - that turned out to be just under 2 hours!!! I'm told he's the best at what he does, so if you want to see him, DO NOT GO TO HIS BROOKLYN OFFICE!!!

|  Mr  |  show details
by DM on Feb 27th, 2013

Dr. Kohan accurately diagnosed my problem, successfully performed the surgery and now I can hear again. He is number ONE!!

|  show details
Jul 7th, 2012

Dr. Kohan is an excellent Dr. He is caring and compassionate..And his work is done with expertise. he fixed my ear and now I can hear 100 times better. he is #1

|  Best Ear Surgeon in NY  |  show details
Feb 25th, 2012

My daughter has been a patient of Dr. Kohan's for the past 11 years. In the beginning Dr. Kohan is a little reserved but always 100% professional and after all these years, he is like family. Dr. Kohan operated on my daughter twice and I trust and value his skills, advice and referrals completely. His staff are always very professional and courteous and the majority of them have been with him for many years. Thank you Dr. Kohan.

|  Very professional and caring  |  show details
Feb 3rd, 2012

Dr. Kohan provided relatively quick and very professional services for me. After my first appointment it only took the following week for him to perform an ear surgery. During the surgery he repaired my punctured ear drum, dealt with a cyst, and manipulated a partially damaged bone in order to enhance my earing. Three months later I have normal hearing in my left ear and am taking dive classes starting next week. I highly recommend Dr. Kohan due to his professionalism, and courteousness.

|  Highly Recommend  |  show details
by IEM on Oct 10th, 2011

Accepting my diagnosed of having a tumor growth was very difficult for me to accept. I first was in denial. Dr. Kohan allowed me to be confortable with my decision to be a wait and watch patient. My Acoustic Neuroma was a slow growth. When I was ready for surgery I felt certain I was in excellent care with Dr. Kohan and Dr Jarfar my Neuroseugeron at NYU. I have recovered very well and have returned to work full time.Thank you,Isabelle Edwards-Markham

|  show details
May 16th, 2011

was too aggresive on offering risky surgeries for something that could not be fixed with surgery..

|  Best doctor!  |  show details
May 1st, 2011

I had little hearing in one ear for more than 20 years, and had little hope it could be improved. After Dr Kohan's surgery, my hearing was totally restored! The doctor was very knowledgeable, and took great care to explain to me what my options were, and how the operation would work. Immediately after the operation, he took extra time to discuss my progress with my husband. During the few weeks my ear was recovering, Dr Kohan was very patient with all my questions, and re-assuring about my prospects. He was very supportive until I felt my hearing was completely restored. He's the best doctor ever!

|  Excellent doctor  |  show details
by Lewis on Feb 10th, 2011

It was very difficult for me to get an appointment in his office.

|  Professional  |  show details
Apr 12th, 2010

Dr. Kohan, performed a third (and final) surgery on my ear and it was successful, he put an extra thought and effort to figure out why previous surgeries (performed by other doctors) didn't work. He is what all doctors should be, kind, quick, efficient, thorough and very professional.

|  Comfort zone  |  show details
by Jim Dillon on Mar 22nd, 2010

My experience with Dr. Kohan has been a pleasure. Dr. Kohan has relieved my symptoms of Meniere's Disease and has given my quality of life. Before going to Dr. Kohan I was besides myself and actually could not get out of bed for 2 months. The kindness of the office staff and overall atmosphere of this office is a pleasure. Before seeing Dr. Kohan I was not able to diagnose the issues I was having and basically got the run around. Thanks you Dr.Kohan for proper diagnosis and help.

|  Very good ear surgeon!  |  show details
by J C. at Judy`s Book on Sep 28th, 2005 on judysbook.com

Dr. Kohan`s specialty is cochlear implants and acoustical nerve tumors and hearing disorders. You can have a hearing test right in his office. He has an efficient staff including the office manager who gives you all the forms and handles ...

Read Full Review at judysbook.com