Ophthalmologist (eyes)

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

3.0

|  Wrong diagnosis  |  show details
Jan 25th, 2013

He performed a scleral buckle surgery on my eye, while, in my opinion, he knew that the procedure was not needed. My condition was retinoschisis that does not respond to any surgical treatment. The history of my symptoms clearly pointed to retinoschisis. He refused to examine the lesion with OCT that was available in his office. OCT would have identified my condition clearly. Instead, he scared me into going through with the surgery in a rush. Retinoschisis was confirmed much later by OCT. As a consequence of what I can only call his questionable motive, I had to go through the trauma of the surgery and will have to live with its negative consequences. A less inquisitive patient would have never found out. Be careful.

|  excellent doctor  |  show details
Feb 3rd, 2012

very talented, smart, experienced and professional.thanks dr.

|  show details
Jul 7th, 2011

One thing for sure, is the long wait time.After you've been dilated, he lets you sit in the examining room for at least half an hour. I guess that's just how he functions. He specializes in retinal oncology and pediatic retinal diseases. Do i really need to see him for an adult retinal condition when there are other retinalist in my location? The only reason i see him is b/c he is a physician at Stanford Hospital and one would assume he must be really good. I guess that's why he is at Stanford b/c of his extra experise. He seems like a nice guy. I have been to other retinalists and the waiting time is 80 percent shorter every appointment.

|  show details
May 30th, 2011

this physician has excellent reputation among other physicians which seems more important than feeling a little rushed

|  Long wait times  |  show details
Sep 21st, 2010

Overall, Dr Moshfeghi is very nice. He speaks slowly and uses a friendly, yet professional tone. Unfortunately, the office wait times are very long not just for him but for all practitioners at the Eye Institute. Every checkup is the same story - "We apologize for the wait, we're running just a little behind schedule." This occurs at every visit. No doubt he's a great doctor but it's hard to swallow when I (and my friend/driver) have to take an entire day off just for a follow-up visit lasts last 2-4 hours.

|  Rushed and Detached  |  show details
May 20th, 2009

To be fair, my father visited Dr. Moshfeghi several years ago with a severe eye problem, and was accurately treated. A different doctor had recommended eye surgery, which turned out to be unnecessary. In my case, however, the problem I had could not be treated by Dr. Moshfeghi, and he referred me to a different specialist. That's fine, but his manner, while not unpleasant, was very rushed. He answered my questions in a very summary/cursory form, and didn't seem to want to 'waste time' talking with me, perhaps since he knew that he was referring me to someone else. However, for the $500 I paid for the appointment (I kid you not), he probably spent about 5 minutes looking at my eyes and brushing off my questions. I felt like a nuisance that he just wanted to get out the door, so he could move on to his other patients. I figured I'd just look up my diagnosed problems on the internet to learn more about them, and I did, but again for the cost you'd think he'd take a few minutes to explain more about my conditions. Not a good value for the money. But perhaps if you have the problems he specializes in, he'd be worth it.