Neurologists

1551 Bishop St
Ste 450
San Luis Obispo, CA 93401
805-543-8492
Locations and availability (1)

2.0

|  avoid  |  show details
by Local on Jan 7th, 2014

By far the rudest staff ( beware bullying 'office manager') I have ever encountered. While sitting and waiting (yes, you WILL wait...) overheard 'snarky', 'gossipy' chatter, suspect about other patients - and hard to avoid with reception 'window' wide open. Most unwelcoming and tempted to leave. Understaffed and unorganized. At first Dr seemed 'involved' but his initial diagnosis and subsequent (and painful) testing did not verify. Ultimately he was dismissive, cold and curt. I suspect they only care about billing - aggressively so...and not the patient. Questionable practice. Avoid if you have the option.

|  Poor staff  |  show details
Jun 17th, 2012

Refused to supply me with my test results and copy of medical records. Staff is rude and became nasty when I cancelled an appointment a full day ahead of time.

|  My Favorite  |  show details
Apr 13th, 2012

I know how easy it is to complain when you're in pain. Having suffered with severe carpel tunnel syndrome. But, the reviews I read here are all wrong. Of all the medical professionals I've seen in the last 9 months, chiropractors, physical therapists, surgeons, etc., Dr. Soleimany was the kindest, most compassionate, comprehensive, caring, personable, sympathetic & funny. They never kept me waiting, very important to me, being self employed. I rate him tops! Sincerely, Wendy

|  Worst doctor ever  |  show details
Jan 20th, 2012

He ordered incorrect tests, refused to call me with results. Final straw was when he touched me inappropriately. If I wasn't so sick, I would have filed a complaint with appropriate agency. This doctor should not be allowed to practice medicine.

Jan 2nd, 2012

I don't usually complain, but I would not recommend this doctor or staff for your care. My phone calls were never returned-I always had to call them a couple of times to get an answer and the ladies at the front desk were always brief and short with me; I never felt fully informed or like they cared about my well-being. I didn't feel listened to by the doctor and my case is still unsolved and I've never gotten a follow up phone call or anything of the like. Overall, horrible rating from my experience anyways!

Nov 16th, 2010

Dr Soleimany, in my opinion was a very kind doctor. However, he was in a hurried state during my visit and he didn't speak to me very much to explain more during testing. He was in and out within 7 minutes tops. Due to my disability just starting, I was not prepared for the cost that I would be responsible for after insurance payment. I paid the co-payment and was not informed of additional costs. The office staff was not helpful at all with my situation. They just wanted payment and to threaten with collections. Good news does travel fast but bad news in a small town travels faster. I will be sure to research the next time that I seek help from professional services.

|  Don't bother  |  show details
Sep 20th, 2010

This guy's attitude about me and my illness was markedly disinterested. I tried to discuss my concerns about side effects of the medication he put me on. His attitude was "Shut up and take the medication" He seemed uninterested in my medical history.

by female patient on Oct 29th, 2009

My dad, who was in his 80's at the time, warned me that his visit with my mom led him to believe Dr. Soleimany was a pervert. MY PCP referred me to him so I went with this in mind. Sure enough, the doctor first sat down and stared at my chest until I had to say, "EXCUSE me" to get his attention. He checked my heart with a stethoscope and managed to sweep his finger far into my undergarment. I was stunned but my dad is right...he's disgusting.

May 19th, 2009

its my opinion that this doctor will charge medicare for everything he can whether the patient needs it or not. Of course, he never told me what he was doing or why I needed it. For ex., nerve studies, emg. Then, you receive a bill for extra items when you just went in for a checkup of your meds??