Dr. Dariusz Nowak MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

January 11th, 2016
Horrible
I went to this doctor because my primary recommended him. What a mistake, the office staff is so rude, but I thought seeing the doctor is most important, on my first visit he swore I had a tumor on my hypothalamus (brain) told me I would need scans and blood work, he said he would call me to explain results before Christmas, I didn't get to talk to him until I demanded an appt, I had to go through Christmas and new years thinking I was dying, my next visit he swore I had cancer in my pituitary gland, which turned out to be untrue and more weeks of worrying as no one would call me back. Then I had another appt where they ultrasounded my neck thyroid area, and was told by the rude immature and unprofessional students scanned my neck saying things like no stupid it is cancerous you can see it, oh my god there's so many tumors! I am done with this place and this doctor he held information from me foe three months about the masses in my lymph nodes and refused to do a biopsy because some people have them and they are benign. IN THE MEDICAL FIELD YOU NEVER ASSUME. I HAVE ALREADY HAVE HAD CANCER, AND SURGERY TO REMOVE IT, AND WENT THROUGH TREATMENTS AFTER MY CANCEROUS TUMOR WAS REMOVED ALONG WITH MY THYROID, WHY WOULD YOU NOT BIOPSY! it also seems like if you are not polish, your treated differently distant cold but if you are polish then you are in their inner circle. Run from this doctor

September 10th, 2015
After weekly calls and unreturned voicemails, a receptionist finally answered when I called. I needed to report my pregnancy so that my levels could be adjusted and then went without medication because the receptionists neglected to return my calls. No apology was offered and there was no sympathy for the seriousness of the situation (being that I have no thyroid). This was not the first time that the attitudes of the receptionists have caused me to think of switching doctors.. Previously they have also failed to send the proper prescriptions to my pharmacy. Now I am switching doctors because of the offices lack of professionalism, integrity, and because of their apathy.

April 29th, 2014
Best doctor, worst staff
I couldn't be happier with this doctor. He is extremely knowledgeable and professional. I've been seeing many different doctors in the past few years, but Doctor Nowak is my final destination. I trust him with my health 100% and always recommend him to everyone. The best endocrinologist under the Sun! Ps. Dr. Nowak's front desk receptionists might be getting their work done, but in a 1-10 scale of rudeness - unfortunately they get the highest score. Every time I call to make an appointment or ask for results/referrals, they are very unpleasant and speak with a big attitude.

March 5th, 2013
good doc but horrible staff!!
I feel he is a good doc but the staff is so rude and horrible that I prefer not to return anymore...having a biopsy its stressful enough but waiting for results is even worse...then to be told by staff that they will call and they never do is enough for me not to return.../:

January 24th, 2012
Worse doctor ever!!!!

December 13th, 2010
Very recommended
Exceptional doctor with deep knowledge, patient oriented, excellent diagnosis. Provides and explains with options of treatments.

September 13th, 2010
Inefficient practice; rude staff; no follow-up
Awful. Just awful. I saw Nowak for hypo-thyroid. He talked to me from behind his desk. He never gave a me physical exam, never felt my thyroid - just a blood draw and suggested I come in for an ultrasound. I waited 3 days for test results due in 24-48 hours. I then called Fri afternoon, but was told the results were not in and I would have to wait until Monday. No one called me Monday. I finally called at 2pm. First there were no results, then she found partial results and a recommendation for a new prescription - this coming from the receptionist, not the doctor, not a PA or RN. I asked why no one called me. She said "probably because there was nothing to report" (yet he was changing my meds). Very inefficient practice, rude staff. I put my husband through med school and am aware of how things should work behind the scenes. This is not it.

April 3rd, 2017