Dr. Darla Cowart MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

May 16th, 2017
could be more open-minded
Feel she was very condescending to me. First visit I was complaining of being depressed and sad all the time and she said just wait until we have blood work done in 3 months and then we will do something. Turned out it was my thyroid which could have been caught a lot sooner had she ordered blood work that day. I am still seeing her for annual checkups just because I haven't had time to find another primary care Dr. I had to wait in the exam room 2 hours the last time I was there .

November 19th, 2016
Dr Cowart is very patient and caring. Love going to her.

August 14th, 2016
Exceptional care.
First-rate doctor. I have never been happier with s doc. Don't always love the office staff but happy to deal with it because of the wonderful care from this physician.

January 21st, 2015
office manager
I personally loved Dr. Cowart as a Dr. she is caring and always listened. Never doubted her ability as a professional , always percise , never had to go back a second time for the same sickness. Her nurses were always pleasant. However this goes to her office staff. It is so harrassing to continually ask for Insurance verification and address and phone numbers at ANY time you come in contact with the office personal. It could be by phone, walk in appt. or picking up presctiptions, it was really annoying. They can harrassing you but, you cannot speak to them out of turn or else you are booted from the office. No I would not recommend this office.

August 12th, 2014
Pick someone else.

May 6th, 2014
Dr. Darla Cowart
Darla Cowart is a very caring physician. I have a great deal of trust in her.

March 18th, 2014
Fantastic Doc
I first went to Dr. Cowart in 2002 upon the recommendation of another doctor who said (and I quote), "She's the smartest smartest person I ever met." That doctor also indicated that Dr. Darla followed up on things well and that she did a good job of coordinating care for her patients. I have found all of that to be true in the years she has been my primary care physician. I've never seen her depart from the standard of care. She's never prescribed meds indiscriminately--no antibiotics for colds or pain pills for a muscle that needs to be stretched. She HAS given me PT exercises 2 or 3 times, and they always worked as prescribed. All of that aside, there are two reasons I recommend her. First, she knows what she doesn't know, so you are referred to an appropriate specialist promptly--usually with the initial labwork that they'll be needing already complete, so you don't lose a month between the time she refers you and the time it takes for the specialist see you, prescribe labs, interpret them, and meet with you again to discuss them. It's pretty great to have your first visit to a specialist be more than filling out his paperwork for insurance. The second reason I recommend her is because she does a fantastic job of coordinating my team of doctors. I've actually showed up for an appointment with a specialist--one that a different specialist referred me to--only to find that he had NOTHING from the referring doctor, but Dr. Darla had sent everything he needed to make a diagnosis. Plus, it's easy to get an appointment with her. Plus, I rarely wait more than five minutes before I'm called from the waiting room. Plus, whenever I tell her I have a question, she sits down and listens to it, and then she answers it simply without patronizing. What more could anybody want from their doctor?

October 12th, 2011
Appointment can sometimes be rushed. Have used Cowart for several years and am satisfied overall.

September 17th, 2008
to quick diagnosing
To quick to blame illness on depression, not willing to pursue other options, that she did not come up with.

November 19th, 2016