Dr. Darlene Barr Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Darlene Barr?

December 28th, 2015

My surgery was very big, a Whipple. Dr. Barr was willing to spend as much time as necessary to answer questions. Post surgery complications are quite common with this procedure due to the complexity, but I'm a year out and no surgical complications!

June 25th, 2013

Excellence

Dr Barr has performed abdominal surgery on me twice since 2004 to address mechanical issues. I cannot speak highly enough of her. She is an excellent surgeon and really knows her business. She has a great bedside manner and can explain your condition, what she intends to do and the results so a patient can understand. She takes time her patients and cares about them. I have absolute faith and trust in her.

February 23rd, 2013

Get a second opinion. If this is your second... Get a third.

Having surgery is a big deal. Surgeons are trusted to do what is best for the patient and inform them of the things that can go wrong. Unfortunately, that doesn't always happen. And for me it has lifelong consequences. I cannot recommend Dr. Barr.

May 5th, 2011

Although Dr. Barr did not operate on me, I was recently under her care after complications arose from a surgery I had with another surgeon, at another hospital. Dr. Barr and her colleagues were very thorough in identifying and monitoring my issues and her bedside manner was terrific, very sympathetic yet reassuring at the same time. I am not saying I was in a life threatening situation, but I could have been, and Dr. Barr took the time and effort to ensure everything was Ok and didn't just send me home saying "your fine", like the other surgeon who operated on me did. I hope to never have to have surgery again, but if I (or one of my family members do) I will be going to Swedish and asking for Dr Barr if it is within her field of expertise.

February 28th, 2017