Dr. Darletta Kincaid Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Darletta Kincaid?

Type 2 Diabetes

Type 2 Diabetes

Have you seen Dr. Darletta Kincaid?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

October 9th, 2013

Great Doctor and office! Really listens!

Dr Kincaid and her staff are friendly and courteous. Always takes the time I need to listen and exam carefully. great at explaining and follow through after the visit. Wait times can be a little longer (up to 30 minutes) but worth it!

September 19th, 2012

Practice hassles are not worth the great care Dr Kincaid provides

Dr. Kincaid as a doctor is great. She is caring, has a great bedside manner, and is excellent in terms of diagnosing problems. However, we are leaving the MD Pediatrics practice for several reasons. First, it is difficult to get an appointment at times. When I schedule routine checkups, more often than not I am contacted the day before to reschedule for some reason or another. When both parents are working, this can be extremely inconvenient. I have outright asked the last couple of times when they called to reschedule, and was told that this is typical for Dr. Kincaid and her schedule. When you do get an appointment in the afternoon, expect to wait on average for an hour. When you have a sick toddler or baby, this is frustrating and unacceptable. Especially when you spend 40 minutes waiting in the exam room. And especially since I have seen another patient get turned away for showing up more than 20 minutes late for their appointment. Where is the parity in that? My time is valuable too! I should have seen this coming when she was 30 minutes late for my prenatal interview scheduled on my lunch hour, but I brushed it off as a one time thing. However, it happens ALL THE TIME. Second, I don't like the quality of nurses on the nurse hotline. The nurses in the office are great, but I think they outsource the nurse hotline. One or two of these women are courteous and helpful but a couple are quite the opposite. For example, today I called to get lab results 4 business days after a culture was done & they still don't have the results in. These were labs the ER recommended we get over the weekend because our son has been sick, so not something completely routine but not life threatening either. I asked the nurse on the nurse line when I could expect results and she gave me a vague answer. I asked who I could escalate to and she said no one. At my OB's office, the nurse line always offer to run something like that down for me, so I consider this poor customer service. Third, they have instituted electronic tablets that are a complete pain. I refuse to fill them out because with a sick toddler hanging on me, trying to fill out 100 questions on a computer tablet is just not going to happen. I consider this poor customer service as well because it is inconsiderate of your patient's needs. And the only reason I can see them expecting their patients to fill this out is that it is convenient for them. Fourth, on their fall flu clinics, mdPediatrics has a new policy where on flu clinic days you get zero input into your time slot. So on the Wednesday flu clinic from 3 pm 7 pm, I was told I had to schedule at 3 pm. Never mind that I am a working mother and that this means I have to take a half day. There is another clinic on a Saturday, but the time they were going to assign me was during my sons swim class. Again, my family is expected to inconvenience themselves. I could schedule an appointment specifically for a flu shot, but they are charging a $30 convenience fee. Who would pay that when so many places offer it for free? I asked who made that policy, thinking that it was an out of control office manager & I was told the manager and the doctors. Fifth, I am not as impressed with the other doctors in the practice. I have had one or two of them brush something off or not give a correct diagnosis and I ended up going back. So then I insisted on scheduling with Dr. Kincaid. Sixth, the practice's lactation consultant was not helpful. I had trouble breastfeeding after my son was born and I asked for a consult. I was called on the phone, given some generic advice I could have read on the internet, and that was it - useless. I would have paid for a consult in person - it was never offered. I was just made to feel like an inconvenience for contacting her. So while Dr. Kincaid herself is a good doctor, we are not happy with the practice as a whole and are looking around for another practice.I think mdPediatrics has forgotten who the customer is, so they are fired!

July 26th, 2012

If I could give 2.5 stars, I would

Dr. Kincaid as a doctor is great. She is caring, has a great bedside manner, and is excellent in terms of diagnosing problems. However, we are considering leaving the MD Pediatrics practice for several reasons. First, it is difficult to get an appointment at times. When I schedule routine checkups, more often than not I am contacted the day before to reschedule for some reason or another. When both parents are working, this can be extremely inconvenient. I have outright asked the last couple of times when they called to reschedule, and was told that this is typical for Dr. Kincaid and her schedule. When you do get an appointment in the afternoon, expect to wait on average for an hour. When you have a sick toddler or baby, this is frustrating and unacceptable. Especially when you spend 40 minutes waiting in the exam room. And especially since I have seen another patient get turned away for showing up more than 20 minutes late for their appointment. Where is the parity in that? My time is valuable too! I should have seen this coming when she was 30 minutes late for my prenatal interview scheduled on my lunch hour, but I brushed it off as a one time thing. However, it happens ALL THE TIME.Second, I don't like the quality of nurses on the nurse hotline. The nurses in the office are great, but I think they outsource the nurse hotline. One or two of these women is courteous and helpful but a couple are quite the opposite. For example, today I called to get lab results 4 business days after a culture was done & they still don't have the results in. These were labs the ER recommended we get over the weekend because our son has been sick, so not something completely routine but not life threatening either. I asked the nurse on the nurse line when I could expect results and she gave me a vague answer. I asked who I could escalate to and she said no one. At my OB's office, the nurse line always offer to run something like that down for me, so I consider this poor customer service. Third, they have instituted electronic tablets that are a complete pain. I refuse to fill them out because with a sick toddler hanging on me, trying to fill out 100 questions on a tablet is just not going to happen. I consider this poor customer service as well because it is inconsiderate of your patient's needs. And the only reason I can see them expecting their patients to fill this out is that it is convenient for them.Fourth, I am not as impressed with the other doctors in the practice. I have had one or two of them brush something off or not give a correct diagnosis and I ended up going back. So now I insist on scheduling with Dr. Kincaid.Fifth, the practice's lactation consultant was not helpful. I had trouble breastfeeding after my son was born and I asked for a consult. I was called on the phone, given some generic advice I could have read on the internet, and that was it - useless. I would have paid for a consult in person - it was never offered. I was just made to feel like an inconvenience for contacting her.So while Dr. Kincaid herself is a good doctor, we are not happy with the practice as a whole and are looking around for another practice.

November 6th, 2014