inactive

Darrell C Brett MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

October 31st, 2016
Dr. Brett is an amazing surgeon. Before my surgery I was not able to walk into his office due to a back injury from a drunk driver auto wreck. Dr. Brett ordered several tests and scans before he decided which surgery would be best for me. When I woke up after my surgery I was able to stand and walk! Thank you for your help Dr. Brett. I will forever be grateful

October 25th, 2016
Disk Replacement
I went to Dr. Brett for a disc replacement. The surgery was a complete success and I was impressed with the care of all the professionals involved in my surgery. I would recommend Dr. Brett to anyone needing this type of operation.

October 20th, 2016
Poor experience and still suffering
He did surgery on me and was exactly what I have now read from many others.. I'm wondering is anyone actively pursuing a lawsuit.? I would love to get a group together to make some changes..he needs stopped..

May 24th, 2016
The best of the best
Thank you Dr. Darrell Brett for being the best of the best! 30 years ago we allowed a few other doctors to put shunts into my wives neck. None of those worked properly. We found Dr. Brett and he fixed her problem and was absolutely wonderful! 30 years later and the shunts he put in her neck are still functioning correctly! Last year the pain in my right leg was so severe that it was causing major back problems. My doctor sent me to Portland to have surgery. That doctor operated and did NOT fix the problem. I had thought Dr. Brett was only doing brain surgery at the time and was pleasantly surprised to find out that he was also working on back problems. Dr. Brett allowed me to become one of his patients. He did many tests to find out the problem I was having. When he had all the results form the tests he said with surgery he was 100% sure my problem could be fixed. We operated the beginning of March. I am so very happy to say my problem has been fixed! Thank you Dr. Brett and staff for being the best of the best!

April 15th, 2016
Excellent
From the first appointment to my final release, everything was explained. Dr. Brett did an excellent job making sure I knew what the problem was, how to fix and eventual outcome. Since my surgery, I've regained full use of my right arm, no longer do I have the tingles or numbness. For new patients, Dr. Brett is very popular so expect some waiting during your appointment, but the outcome is worth it.

March 30th, 2016
DO NOT TRUST THIS SURGEON OR HIS STAFF!!!
THE STAFF IS RUDE AND INCOMPETENT. THE GREAT DR. IS NEVER AVAILABLE. I ENDED UP BEING HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR $60,000 FOR A SURGERY THAT WAS UNNECESSARY BECAUSE OF HIS INEPT AND COLD STAFF'S ERRORS AND WHAT I WOULD ALSO CONSIDER BEING FLAT OUT LIED TO BY THEM AND HIM. THIS MAN MAY BE A GOOD SURGEON, BUT HE IS A HORRIBLE HUMAN BEING. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!

February 4th, 2016
Shame on you Dr. Brett. You really should treat people better, karma karma karma.

January 21st, 2016
On the first visit they worked me into the schedule because I was in a lot of pain. After that they were quite prompt. The surgery went very well. I'm now pain free. Dr. Brett was great.

August 27th, 2015
After many years in severe pain for a compressed spinal cord and torn, bulging discs in my cervical spine, I was finally referred to Dr. Darrell Brett after seeing many specialists who were hesitant to fuse due to my younger than normal for this procedure age. He was able to look at the severity of the medical problems and finally I received the surgery I desperately needed. It was a hard, scary decision but Dr. Brett's expert knowledge and detailed explanation of the problem as a whole helped me make the decision for surgery. My pain is much, much better and I no longer experience "the broken arm" syndrome. Also, after fusion, my neck is more stable, which gave me peace of mind. I HIGHLY recommend this excellent surgeon.

July 9th, 2015
I don't know how anyone could think this is a good surgeon. He is crooked. He only cares about money claims all the insurances he accepts, however If it's not a claim. From a personal injury suit he does not give you the time of day, I would wait at least 40 minutes to be called to only have 5 minutes of time, but looking upon bills he claims the whole 40 minutes. An hour he spent 50%face time which is untrue. Maybe my first mri he looked at because he claimed I needed surgery. However each image after he never looked at But claimed he did. Well then he would have seen my injuries and just neglected them.. what other doctors have told me Brett denies he claims he's always right. He deemed me disabled however disability cannot seem to get the records claiming this to approve my durability. This man had ruined my life I'm only 41 and my quality of life is shot. He doesn't care about his patients only what he can put in his pockets. I don't even know where too start to find an attorney to file malpractice. There is nothing good or honest about this surgeon. I don't feel he should be allowed to preform surgery anymore.

June 8th, 2015
Horrible bedside manner. Not interested in listening. Claimed he had "other patients worth his time"

May 20th, 2015
Thank You Dr. Brett
I was hurt at work, Herniated disk, The pain was unbearable, I was told by 4 doctors that surgery was my only option, Dr Brett did the laser surgery, it was quick, less then an hour, small 2 1/2 inch scar, and a half hour after the surgery i was able to get up and walk to the car, went home and started the road to recovery. Thank you Dr, Brett. GREAT JOB !