Dr. Darrell Hanson Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Darrell Hanson?

Fibromyalgia

Fibromyalgia

Have you seen Dr. Darrell Hanson?

• Good

March 28th, 2016

Reconsider your decision..

December 14th, 2015

Visit

Nice and very personal, great with Children.

December 9th, 2015

Great great surgeon listen to all requests for our son surgery and adhere to it what highly recommend him for anybody expecially for youth playing sports

May 29th, 2015

Doesn't listen to your symptoms

I have moderate Scoliosis & only knew about it age 20 when back & neck pain & muscle pain & weakness, cramping, burning sensation, fatigue, numbness & tingling, pins n needles symptoms in arms, legs, back, buttocks, feet got worse over 8 years to the point I felt partially paralyzed. Saw him n only did n x-ray. Even after questioning if any nerves are being pinched he said no x-ray looks fine come back in 2 yrs. Do physical therapy or yoga. meanwhile i saw other specialists & no one could figure out a diagnosis & labeled as fibromyalgia but no diagnosis. went back after 2 yrs for follow up & he told same thing. Do yoga. No pain meds, no further imaging. 1 week later after insisting a rheumatolgist my hand & legs are going numb she ordered only MRI of cervical spine. MRI revealed indeed spinal cord was being compressed in several areas. Having scoliosis i know my mid n lower back also have spinal stenosis because legs go numb. I am now seeing a neurosurgeon who will do further MRI's & surgery to decompress the spinal cord. Hanson is an incompetent doctor and does not care about his patients

April 16th, 2015

So grateful for his help

January 30th, 2015

Great doctor with great care of the whole patient

March 29th, 2014

Do your research before picking a surgeon

It has now been ten years since my corrective surgery. Being a young kid, I did what I was told. My mother wanted me to have surgery, Dr. Hanson did a good job at selling it to her. I think the surgery went well, it's the after effects that I am not pleased with. I most definitely have more pain than I ever did before surgery. About 2years after the procedure, I had excruciating pain around the incision site. My mother made an appointment with his office, for a follow up to see if there was something wrong. When I got there, Hanson was not there, but an associate I have never met. This would not have been an issue, but I was not told I wouldn't be talking with dr. Hanson. I was 16 years old, and had to deal with a new male doctor I had never met. He looked for 5 minutes, and told me everything looked normal and sent me on my way. The way I see it, you spend an insane amount of money to receive the highest quality of care, and you do, up until you no longer are a money producing patient. The one big complaint I have is that once he's done with your surgery, you no longer matter. I would have at least liked a recommendation for a doctor that can monitor my progress instead of going back to Hansons office and feeling like an inconvenience. My last and final visit with him was 2 1/2 years ago, he wanted me to have an MRI and possibly do more surgery. No other advice for the pain I deal with on a daily basis, just more surgery. I did the best thing I could have done and found a wonderful chiropractor for pain management (strictly with adjustments, I do not like taking medication), feeling better than I have in years. Do your research before you decide on such a life-changing procedure, and ask yourself what is truly important to you. Parents: please ask a ton of questions while consulting with a surgeon, and do what you think is best for your child. My parents did a good job at finding an adequate surgeon, but could have asked more questions about what I could have expected after the surgery. He and his office get very impersonable after you have already done the high-producing procedure. I am very grateful for his work during the surgery, but highly dissatisfied with how I have been treated afterwards.

June 5th, 2013

Dr. Darrell Hanson

I recently had major spine surgery. Dr. Hanson did my surgery after I had been rejected by other doctors. I was told he dealt with hard and unusual cases. This was my 9th surgery, in severe pain for the past 5 or 6 years. I woke up from surgery, in severe pain....but not in my back, I immediately felt the stability and reduced pain in my back. I had severe pain from trochanteric bursitis in both hips ( I thank God for the senior student on the neuro floor of the hospital that diagnosed and corrected that problem and to the pain management team and my RN sisters that found the drug cocktail to control my severe spasms.) I am 2 months from surgery and feel better than I have in a very long time...I have to thank Dr. Hanson and all the team at Methodist Hospital of Houston for giving me back my life!!

April 10th, 2012

Competent and caring

We were referred to Dr. Hanson recently for a follow up to a 2005 diagnosis of congenital scoliosis in my daughter, who is now 20 years old. The PA got us right in, took a history and did x-rays immediately (she was friendly and put us at ease). Then Dr. Hanson came in to see us. We looked at the x-rays together and he answered all my daughter's questions and mine too, patiently and thoroughly. He did NOT recommend that she have surgery due to the way her spine is structured and felt confident that the condition would not worsen. He suggested follow up x-rays in 2-3 years. It is nice to know that a surgeon will tell you when you don't need (or shouldn't have) surgery! Thanks Dr. Hanson and thanks to your great staff too!

February 12th, 2012

revision surgery

I had a very positive first experience with Dr Hanson and staff. Of course Baylor clinic is very busy. I felt he listened to my concerns and addressed them thoroughly. His PA was pleasant,professional and took her time despite a vey busy schedule. I will be following up with him for possible extensive spine surgery. I felt very confident in his skill. Last time a chose a MD for comfort level and made a mistake. This time I will choose the best surgeon for skill and experience in my area of need.

April 20th, 2011

Fabulous surgeon. Remarkable office and medical staff, just awesome. Bedside manner is brusque. If you want a marvelous surgeon, this is your guy. Do not look for warm and fuzzies - brusque is the word for bedside manner and personality, but we were not looking for a buddy; we wanted fabulous surgical skills and got them.