Dr. Darrell Hermann MD Patient Reviews

• Pediatric Surgery Plano, TX

4.8

October 17th, 2013
A wonderful Dr.
This was the second surgery for us in a little over a year. When it comes to Dr.'s I would not use anyone else! Great bed side manners, treats the patient as a whole, takes the time to get to know the family as well. He is just amazing! Though never been to the office in Dallas, the Plano office staff is wonderful! No question is to small or stupid! They call you back in a reasonable time and will listen as long as you need them!

July 9th, 2013
Baby lyric
Dr Herman is such a stand up man. His bed side manner pre surgery and post melt my heart. He did such a perfect job with my sons surgery. He put my sons intestines and liver inside his body since he was born with them in the outside. He was a very small baby and he was do gentle with him. Sat with me after surgeries to talk about what happened and even stuff about my life to get to know about my family. He sat 45 minutes with me one night and it made me feel like he actually cared. Lyric wasn't just another surgery it was an experience for all of us. He is incredible and gave all his glor to God! Dr Herman is so humble. Thanks to him and God for putting him in out path

August 17th, 2012
Dr Hermann, Best Pediatric Surgeon in DFW
We discovered that my 3 month old son had an inguinal hernia, and to my dismay were informed that he would need surgery to correct. Our pediatrician referred us to Dr. Hermann, stating "If I had a son with this issue, Dr. Hermann is the only ped surgeon I would bring him to." Taking his advice, my husband and I set our consultation appointment with Dr. Hermann.Our first impression was very positive. The office staff was pleasant and scheduled an appointment for us within a very reasonable window. Two days after I scheduled the consult, my son's hernia flared up which caused great concern for me. I called Dr. Hermann's office to inquire if this was abnormal, and hearing the worry in my voice, they informed me that Dr Hermann would make time to see him that day - a week before my scheduled appointment. When we arrived, the wait time was under 10 minutes before the doctor saw us! He took one look at my son's hernia, pushed it back in and said "I knew this was something that could wait, but did not want you to have to spend the weekend worrying so I had you come in to reassure you." That moment, I knew this doctor was not only the leading pediatric surgeon for his skills, but for his bedside manner with parents.Our surgery was scheduled for the following Wednesday. Dr Hermann drew a diagram for us to visually explain exactly what an inguinal hernia is, and how it is repaired. We were thoroughly briefed on what would take place before during and after the procedure, what questions we should review with the anesthesiologist, and what symptoms our son would experience after. We felt so confident that Dr. Hermann would take the best care of our little angel.And so he did. The day of his surgery came, and we arrived at Medial City Children's hospital where we were again greeted by Dr Hermann, who reviewed the surgery plans, after care, and gave us additional reassurance. 30 minutes later, the surgery was complete and our son was recovering perfectly! We were discharged early from the hospital that day, and our boy slept off the anesthesia for a majority of the afternoon. When he woke up and ate, he began doing the 'running man' in his crib - it was as if he had never had an operation at all! It was quite obvious that he had been handled with the utmost care.It has been two weeks since his surgery, and I just made his follow up appointment with Dr. Hermann's office. Yet again, another pleasant experience. The office staff sounded genuinely happy to hear that he was doing so well, and scheduled our appointment with ease.My husband and I would recommend Dr Hermann over and over again to any parent with a child in need of a pediatric surgeon.

July 2nd, 2012
i have not seen a better doctor. was extreemly nice during my son's procedure and i would only pray that people find more doctors like him during their tough times. he is surely one of the top doctor's in my eyes. our family is happier because of his selfless service to this community.

September 27th, 2010
HE IS THE BEST OF THE BEST!!!!!!!!
I am a 21 yr old mom.. Most ppl wouldnt take me seriously because of my age.. Little they know I know alot.. Dr Hermann treated me the way I should be treated.. He is kind, caring all of the above. He has done all 3 of my daughters surgeries. First surgery done when she was a week old, heart surgery at bedside in nicu. I was very sick and didnt not know how to handle that.. He knew just what to say.. He is AMAZING at what he does.. U can always tell the difference between a doctor that does it for the money and the ones that do it because they love it.. He totally loves it. and shows it!!! Dr Hermann has saved our families life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks dr we love you!

June 30th, 2010
dr Darrell W Hermann, MD
He is best doctor i ever met in whole USA.. I read about him i was expecting some rude guy, that will just say "yea surgery is answer" Dr Darrell is most carring person i ever met, my son is 11mo old.. doctor explain evrithing. and said he treats kids like they are his own.he spent time with us, talked to us. he treat us like his own family..i felt i know him for years.. i woul rate him 10.. and recomend him to everibody.. thanks dr darrell you are angel.. and you look like one..