Overall Review

3.1

July 7th, 2015
Front desk always rude
I am a melanoma patient. I started with Dr. Rigel many years ago. His front desk employees were always rude. He seemed to cater more to the elite upper east side plastic surgery patients than his "life or death" melanoma patients. I now see a different doctor, who is a specialist in melanoma. Much more comfortable.

July 3rd, 2015
Saved me
Came on on business trip and had an emergency skin problem. Rigel was the best. Knew what it was right away and solved it. He is the best!

June 28th, 2015
Rude
Rude, arrogant, impolite. I'm going elsewhere.

March 7th, 2015
Solved what others could not
I had a skin problem that 5 other dermatologists could not help me with. Dr. Rigel solved it in 1 visit! He and his staff were caring and great. Thanks so much Dr. Rigel!

June 5th, 2014
Been struggling with skin cancer for awhile and was referred to Dr. Rigel. He put me at ease immediately while he treated my problems. After all these years, I am finally with the right doctor. I highly recommend him.

March 28th, 2014
Rigel is a jerk
Dr. Rigel is a jerk. He doesn't take insurance anymore because he thinks he is really good. He charges you based on what your job is and how rich he thinks you are. His office hates him and his bedside manner sucks. Definitely don't go see this guy unless you want to get ripped off.

October 25th, 2013
Front desk cost Rigel a patient
Showed up at 11:35 for an 11:30 appointment. By 12:15, still hadn't been called back, and so I left. Front desk: Nicole blase/rude, Carol apologetic.

July 26th, 2013
Solved the problem!
Heard that he was a world expert in skin cancer and that was really correct! Diagnosed the problem and treated it (others had missed it). He is also a really nice caring person.

October 20th, 2012
made the diagnosis when the others could not
I had been to 4 other dermatologists who did not know what I had. I came to Dr. Rigel who made the diagnosis in one visit and got me better. Great office, staff and service. Would definitely recommend to others.

July 24th, 2012
The Best!
I came in for a skin problem and found out that it was nothing. Dr. Rigel took the time to answer all of my questions and conselled me on sun protection too. An unusually comprehisive visit in these days of rushed medicine! Recommend highly!

August 31st, 2011
BEAUTIFUL SCAR ON BIG SKIN CANCER
I had a skin cancer that I let go too long on my face. Dr. Rigel diagnosed it and did an incredible job on it. You can hardly even see that it was there. I STRONGLY recommend him if you need something taken off. He is also caring and very knoledgeable in his field.

August 29th, 2011
Butchered me
I went to Dr. Rigel for a small mole removal and was shocked to find a massive scar on my arm after he was done. He didn't stitch it properly and it ended up forming such a horrific scar that I had to go to a plastic surgeon to have it cut out and re-sewn. When I told Dr. Rigel my concerns about how it healed, he told me that was normal and nothing could be done. However after the plastic surgeon took care of it it healed beautifully. He is sloppy and careless and rushes. He is also condescending. Don't go to him.